Who will stop the GERMANS now?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: General' started by RobbyRobson, Jul 3, 2010.

1. NJDevils1087

NJDevils1087 Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    This thread makes me sad.

Spain winning is a classic example of the pains of knockout competition... sometimes the best team through the balance of a competition doesn't go through and it hurts. The worst thing for me is that Spain getting through after playing relatively crappy football in the group stage has given a lifeline to the Italian/French mentality that the world cup doesn't start until the knockout phase.

That was supposed to die here in 2010 with all of the quality, compact, organized and disciplined underdogs causing surprises throughout group play to major sides. Instead it lives on.

2. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    You are kidding right. Spain has been playing the knockout rounds since the second game of their WC due to starting with a loss. They had to win both of their next games and just because their team was struggling doesn't mean they played poorly. Winning 2 group games out of 3 isn't considered bad in the group phase. The better team went through today the Germans had no real attack at all today even when they went down. The difference between 2010 and 2006 is the team that goes for the win is usually going through to the next round.

3. razzledazzlemachine

razzledazzlemachine New Member

Jul 8, 2010
  4. Mangolassi

Mangolassi New Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    weird that octopus was right again...

5. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm thankful that the germans tried to play attacking football instead of bunkering like everyone had done against us so far, and held your heads high, you have a great young team that will surely give you titles in the future. Now onto the final, go Spain!

6. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    I thought both Chile and Paraguay were more attack minded against Spain than Germany.

7. william hu

william hu New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    fifa boss blatter and his fellow platini have stopped germans advancing the finals in soccer city!!!~~~
    because they want spain win the world cup,but in reality dutch team will play the same role as mourinho's inter milan to stop the conspiracy by platini!!!~~~

8. sevillavideos

sevillavideos Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Sevilla, Spain
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Play as Inter Milan, does not assure anything to Netherlands. Chelsea played well two years ago in the semifinals of the Champions League against Barcelona, and lost, with a great goal by Iniesta including

GO SPAIN!!

9. AllStarz

AllStarz Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Dutch are well aware of the Spanish style, so I'm sure they will come up with the right strategy. Both the assistant coaches ,Cocu and De Boer, have played for Barcelona, so did Gio and Van Bommel while Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Robben, Heitinga, Boulahrouz and Huntelaar have all played in the Spanish League.

10. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    definitely the Spain gonna beat the Germans.