Who will stop Liverpool in the EPL 2002-03?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by astar24, Jul 17, 2002.

1. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    OK, Matt Clark, that was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard any1 say

2. wjschaefer

wjschaefer New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    California
    1 goal from Champs League, 10 points from Premiership Title and 3 points from the team (Liverpool) that will finish higher on the table than ManU for the 2nd year in a row.

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll be 7 points clear by Easter.

4. wjschaefer

wjschaefer New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    California
    so be it - but after losing to Arsenal at the end of April, you will continue your downward spiral culminating in a final day defeat to Everton which will secure Fergie's last 2 years of spending as a complete failure...

5. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    of relegation you *********!

6. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably Arsenal and hopefully NOT Man Yoo.

You never walk alone. :)

7. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    You are wrong. Aneurisms have been known to prove doctors wrong by bursting at or near the same area that was repaired.
    So Houllier might still leave this planet and meet his creator ... and then Liverpool will not win the EPL.
    Morbid but true.

8. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    and fergie might get kicked by his horse abd die!

shut the *************** up will you!

9. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    behave. for all you know, lion is a doctor. All I've based my opinion on is what i've read in the paper. I'm happy to stand corrected. Well, not happy, given the portent of the issue, but let's not get silly here shall we?

Newbies can do themselves no harm by taking it easy for a while, if I may be so bold as to make that observation.

10. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    havent read all this thread but.....

liverpool will not win the title with Hamann, Heskey and Gerrard forming the spine of the attack and midfield

its just toooo defensive

Hamann is probably the worlds best defensive midfielder..but he adds ZERO to the attack and creativity department. We may have the best defense in the premiership...but Hamann is hugely responsible for this..as he sits just in front of the back four. I dont think our defense would look as good without Hamann in the team

Gerrard would score 15 goals a season if Houllier didnt make him operate so defensively..its such a waste somtimes

Heskey was made to track back and defend a lot last season..and he did a fine job too - he worked very tirelessly for LFC. Unfortunately these "defensive duties" resulted in his one goal in 27 games record - which is poor for a midfielder..let alone a striker.

Remember Barcelona away last season? Heskey almost played as a left back...it was soo embarassing

It is easier to prevent goals than to create them...and Houllier seems to think keeping a clean sheet is more important than being adventurous and scoring some goals. This is why last season, watching liverpool play football was often very boring and uninspiring

The Liverpool team needs width in midfield..this is why we needed to sign Bowyer and Duff (although in bowyers case...the greedy little s**t didnt want to play for us)

I think for home games against poorer opposition GH should choose a more adventurous midfield and maybe 3 up front

something like

Hamann/Murphy---Gerrard----Cheyrou

--------------------Diouf------------

-----------Heskey/Baros---Owen---

If we play more attacking football then im sure we stand a chance of winning the league

Allez les Rouges!
    Walk On........

11. mikelley037

mikelley037 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    im a big fan of gary neville
    did u know that dwight yorke and jordan went out??

12. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    erm....yes

but how is that relevant to this thread?

13. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    I think Liverpool is the top team with Man U close behind.

14. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    good man!

15. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Arsenal for the league again I'm afraid boys. Best striker in Henry, best attacking midfielder in Pires and best tackler in Viera. They were all outstanding towards the end of the season (with Ljungberg stepping nicely into Pires's shoes).

16. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    I won't shut up; why don't you ask a physician about what I said about aneurisms?

And don't be so tough on Fergie; he might just win another title this year.

I certainly hope so for your f****** sake.

17. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Gerard is in great shape, certainly a damn site better then that whiskey drinkey monkey 20 miles to the east!

your just *************** stirring now shut up!

18. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002

When Houllier is gone, your team's chances will go also.
    Gerrard, Owen, Diouf -- they won't be enough to win the EPL.

So you shut the f*** up.

19. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Blackburn will do it, since we have the treble-winning strike partnership :D.

20. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    look ********* the only club in decline is Man Utd!

and hey look this monkey has shown his true stripes!

you ************ stirring manc loving ***************!

21. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    A monkey with stripes, eh? Cool.

Behave, both of you.

22. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002

"Manc loving"?

What is manc???

Monkey or Man U ???

Get your spelling correct.

In any case, I don't love monkeys and I don't love Man U.

I was only pointing out that Liverpool's fate depends a lot on Houllier's health, that's all.

23. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    no it doesnt we did great without him last season.

24. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002

Liverpool did well -- not great -- without Houllier last year.

If Houllier did not have his health problems last year, Liverpool would most likely have won the EPL , instead of Arsenal.

25. wjschaefer

wjschaefer New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    California
    Giving Houllier way too much credit. Off the top of my head, I believe it was Phil Thompson who filled in for him last year. He did a fine job while Houllier was away. The reason Arsenal won was not due to Liverpool missing their coach, it was due to Arsenal going on a run at the end of the season and not allowing the other teams back in the race. They won when they had to. This will also be the case this year.