who will resign and who will choose not to?

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by soccerreigns, Sep 11, 2010.

1. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    i hear only a couple are under contract for next year..most were on a 2 year and their contract is up....i'm sure many of the players will wait to see who they name as coach before they decide

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm at the point of just hoping there's still a team & a league. The details on which players are where are a bit secondary to me atm.

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. guyricardo

guyricardo Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Newark
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    her tweet.
    She's my favorite player on the team. She could be referring to a number of things, but I hope she's back next season.

5. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Story from Star Ledger:

http://www.nj.com/soccer-news/index.ssf/2010/09/giase_sky_blue_president_hofst.html

Giase: Sky Blue president Hofstetter hopes to see Women's Professional Soccer grow healthier, despite departures

..."Hofstetter said Sky Blue lost approximately $2.9 million last year when it won the inaugural WPS championship, and when figures come in this year he believes it will be down to around $2 million. In Year Three, he hopes the figure is closer to the $1 million mark.

“Next year is a big year, the third year,” he said. "

"....As for Sky Blue, Hofstetter said the season just didn’t come together. Unlike last year, when the team clicked late, qualified for the playoffs on the final day of the season and won the championship, Sky Blue was 0-1-3 in its final four games and missed the playoffs on the season’s final day.

“We’re disappointed about the final outcome. The really disappointing part was we had it in our hands the final few games. We couldn’t buy a goal this year and we’ll look to fix that next year. Last year we won with a rock-solid defense and a goal or two. This year the defense was not rock-solid. We’ll see a lot of changes next year.”

6. nightofrefs

nightofrefs Member

Jun 1, 2010
    "“We’re disappointed about the final outcome. The really disappointing part was we had it in our hands the final few games. We couldn’t buy a goal this year and we’ll look to fix that next year. Last year we won with a rock-solid defense and a goal or two. This year the defense was not rock-solid. We’ll see a lot of changes next year.”

So it seems Pauliina is not the only defensively-minded person running things.
    He doesn't say anything about more goals or rock-solid-forwards.:(

7. guyricardo

guyricardo Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Newark
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that is what this is refering to?
    They had trouble scoring last year too but the D was solid enough to make up for it. This year they scored even less and the D wasn't quite as good, especially given the GK injuries.