Who will leave?

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by fatdanny99, Mar 17, 2005.

1. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Alright, this is a poll to see who is most likely to leave Roma in the summer. To me, I think it will be Cassano.

2. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would hate to see Cassano go to cheaters Juve. Roma should make their best effort to keep him.

3. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Well it's either Totti or Cassano. That is a hell of a hard choice to make. I think Roma will keep Totti though. No Totti, no Roma

4. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    sadly the thing is, you're right.
    I don't think Roma wants to keep him.
    They see him as $$$ with a lound mouth.
    I just hope he goes anywhere but Juve.

5. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    I think Cassano maybe heading Real Madrid. Real may lose Owen, and now even Raul. If they lose those two, then they are left with Ronaldo, who goes on and off in form, and Portillo, who has played probably two or three games this season. Plus if Figo goes, Real can only get more money. It's a shame they are going to rob Roma of possibly the next best striker in the world.

6. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    How will Real lose Owen and Raul? Both are under contract (Owen for the next few years--I don't know the terms of Raul's deal). Rumors reported by Paddy Agnew during the last Inter match had Adriano being swapped for Ronaldo. I doubt that will happen but I would think Ronaldo is the most disposable of the Real strikers. Raul is probably the least valuable at this point since he hasn't been in top form for a few years but I can't see Real moving him. Figo's deal is up. He is having a good year. I'd love to see him with Roma next year but everyone is talking about a move to England. I don't buy any of the Chelsea rumors since he doesn't add anything to a midfield featuring Robben, Lampard, and Duff on the offensive side of things and Makalali (sp?) and a rotating host of internationals (Tiago, Smirten, and the Czech player they bought from CSK) on the defensive side.

But to the matter at hand (now that I've already written a ton): I could see a scenario where Chivu, Totti, and Cassano are all gone. I doubt Roma will sell De Rossi and I'm sure Roma don't want to sell Totti (but Totti might dictate otherwise). I don't know why Real would want De Rossi now that they have Graverson but I didn't know why they wanted Owen when they had Morientes, Raul, and Ronaldo. I could see why Real would want Totti with Figo on his way out (even though Figo has more dimensions to his play than we currently see with Totti parking himself at the top of the 18 yard box--Figo can run at defenses, can cross the ball, and seems to drop back when needed and he can take free kicks--good free kicks rather than blasting the ball into the wall). I don't see Real really wanting Cassano. He's nowhere near as good as any of the strikers they have. How many goals does he have this year? 3? I say sell him to the highest bidder even if that is Juve. I also can see why Roma might be willing to sell Chivu given the constant injury problems. He was hurt at times last year, no? And has been out all this season. I would hate to see him go but I could see why the money might be worth the sale given injury problems. Enough for now; this is going on for far too long. Take care.

7. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Cassano has six goals this season. I think about seven assist too.

8. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lets get rid of Cassano and Dacourt and what the hell.... Montella too!

Lets bring on some great midfielders and two very good forwards!

and I want to see Sersi Cosmi as coach.

9. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cassano is a gonner ... and it might not be a bad thing

With all the money we get in return ... we'll build around Totti and Montella ;)

10. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    hopefully the Cassano-Totti-Montella forward line will stay at Roma for next season, it has been the perfect goal recipe for all of Italy if not Europe. Cassano's attitude has got to improve; hopefully a new coach would be able to knock him down a few pegs

11. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think as long as Mazzone becomes coach, Totti will stay. Mazzone launched Totti's career.

12. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Is Mazzone the Bologna coach?

13. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I said Totti, just to be different, but Cassano...I think might be a distinct possibility. Totti has too many emotional ties to AS Roma.