Who will emerge as the leading superpower of the twenty first century?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Sep 20, 2003.

1. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

JSF is crap. But mach 1.4 or 2.4 really won't matter in a dogfight. When it comes to combat high speed capability is irrelevant.

2. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know why they "recentered" the SAT back in 1994?

3. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less

correct, which makes the tomcat's ability to destroy targets before it is seen a huge advantage.

4. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    "As a whole"...."garbage"

Yeah, right...

Of course, that would be a good explanation for YOU...but then again, I bet in class you had a sudden onset of narcolepsy...

5. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Let's see O'Reilly -- wait, excuse me, Reilly -- thinks our educational system is garbage....

Verybdog thinks all the foreigners are coming over here to learn how to be bullies...

Tell you what guys. Why don't you just head over to say...I dunno... Belgium.

Clearly you don't think much of things here, and clearly you don't think much of this country.

Why are you here then? Why??

Go away. Leave. Get thee behind me. Adios. Bye Bye. Sayonara.

Whatever. Just get out. Don't come back. You don't want to be here, most of us don't want you.

Leave, scoot, scram, skedaddle, exit stage right, see ya!

6. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Of coure I'm right (and you know it). That's precisely why you focused on higher education because you know that's the only educational area where America is competent.

7. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Belgium is actually a great place to live. Have you been there? I didn't think so.

8. fishbiproduct

fishbiproduct New Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Pasadena Ca.
    Great post.

9. Sardinia

Sardinia New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Sardinia, Italy, EU
    I guess when you talked about JSF you meant eurofighter typhoon... not so bad as you paint it.

http://www.eurofighter.starstreak.net/

http://www.eurofighter.com/

10. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    We can make a warmonger out of Sardinia yet!

11. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  12. Sardinia

Sardinia New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Sardinia, Italy, EU
    War is cool! :D

You know if you usually only watch documentaries on tv (and soccer matches) it happens you are forced to see also those ones talking about high-tech systems to kill many.

It's hard when you have to choose between the usual boring crocodile doc with some australian, god knows why, jumping over a croc or some entertaining natural catastrophe (usually tornadoes, sometimes earthquakes, rarely floods)...

Ah Ben, why americans like so much catastrophes?
    Too little to fear for around?

Make a joint study with bowling for columbine.

Which level of terror alert these days?

It seems as if your beautiful admin is getting lazy... some more fantasy terror strike warnings to keep you in shape is needed.

I suggest a new kind of menace, spread the notion that islamic terrorists have planned to conduct individual strikes against ppl sitting in their toilet, they will jump out from the wc and boom.
    All this just to take you away your freedom even while evacuating.

13. Sildegil

Sildegil New Member

May 15, 2002
    I dont want to be harsh but that is bullsh!t.

For 1 thousand year before 20th Century, the power have been shared ONLY between France and England in term of military, economical and political influence.

Spain, Portugal and Holland colonized a lot and for the 2 first sooner than anyone in Europe. But still, their "power" in Europe was much still lower than France's or England's.

Italy had a century of great art influence. I have a very consideration for art, as most of us should have, but Italy wasnt exactly a world power.

Germany became strong and influent only at the end of the 19th century.

14. Sardinia

Sardinia New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Sardinia, Italy, EU
    Re: Re: Who will emerge as the leading superpower of the twenty first century?

Of course, it didn't even exist a united Italy.

Anyway... it is someway partially true.

http://www.nalanda.nitc.ac.in/resources/english/etext-project/history/genhist/part-5chapter14.html

15. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Re: Re: Who will emerge as the leading superpower of the twenty first century?

We've had (a) warship(s) sailing up the Thames twice. Worldpower enough for me :D

16. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The leading superpower of the 21st century will be x-ray vision. Trust me on this one.

17. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC

Do you want your dutch bricks back now. I hear a lot of you settled in Norwich.

18. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    Is Chelsea FC one of the optional answers?

19. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I might be missing a good joke here, but I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say :D