Who Will Be The Semifinalists Of The 2006 Wc

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by arun10, Jul 1, 2005.

1. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    It's premature though....

Who do you think will reach the WC Last 4 ...

My guess is Brazil , Check Replubic , Holland and may be Argentina.

But if Argentina plays against an African team or a fast playing team like Rumania they may not advance. I will put my money on an african team as the 4 th team.

Brazil has to watch out Check Replubic and Holland.I would like to see how they are going to handle PAVEL NEDVED who is gem of a player.He can test DIDA from long range also.

I would expect Brazil Holland final based on the current form.

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nedved is retired from international football. He can always come back, but right now, he's not part of that team.

I'll say Brazil, Germany, Argentina and England. But any one of those could be knocked out by a dark-horse such as Sweden or an African nation.

Czech Republic, and the Ukraine are also good bets for dark-horses and Portugal could be succesful next year.

3. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Brazil, Germany, England and Holland. I'm not sure if Argentina will beat Germany because of their home field advantage, Holland (basically home field, and can play a South American game if need be), or England (Agentina's midfield wil be neutralized) if they meet them in the quartfinals

4. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Brazil, Germany, Argentina FOR SURE i think, the 4th team is between Holland, Czech Republic and maybe a surprise team from Africa..

p.S: Looking forward to another brazil vs argentina final with argentina getting their revenge

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    England, Germany, Brazil and either Holland or ... ? :confused:

Not sure whether Argentina will be there. Not that they can't, but I am not sure whether they'll be there. Have a feeling about this. Odd.

6. stunt1014life

stunt1014life New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    I think it will be Qatar,Canada,Uzbaistan and Australia.......No jks i think it will be Brazil, Germany, Argentina and England or Holland But we'll just have to wait and see and maybe we might be surprised :confused:

7. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    More than likely if there is to be a "revenge" it will not happen in the final.

Given the European venue, I'm positive the draws will be made to minimize the likelihood of a Bra x Arg final. This is NOT a conspiracy theory (we have enough of those on BSoccer as it is).

Bra and Arg will both get head of group seedings, and their probable paths towards the finals - assuming they confirm their rankings vis-a-vis their competitors along the way - would have them meet in the semi's.

In 1998 when they both won their groups, they would have met in the semis (Netherlands, who met Brasil in the semis, beat Arg in the qtrs to keep it from happening). In 2002 they would have met in the semis (Sweden won the group, but got upset by Senegal, who then lost to Turkey, who them met Brasil in the semis).

If they are to meet in the finals, more than likely one of them would have had to slip in the group stages.

We'll see when the draw comes out, but I'd bet a bit of money on it.

8. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    hmm never realized that... good point