Who will be the first EPL manager to be sacked?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Arsenal_pwns_all, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    If Souness signs Anelka then he will be the first to go...also if he sells Jenas or Given then he will be gone before the start of the season..does that count?

2. a-m-a-n

a-m-a-n New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    manchester
    Yeah. Zat knight, Volz and especially Baba Boupa Diop.

3. Borruma

Borruma Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Dublin
    Last year the first to be sacked was Paul Sturrock - none of us saw that one coming in Pre-season. After just two games ffs.

Anyway, Souness should be the first to go - but he won't my bet is that Newcastle will give him some time before sacking him if he does badly - say November.

Charlton will only sack Curbs in March if they're near or in the Relegation zone.

I think the same can be said of McCarthy, Pardew and Jewell - Unless one of those sides gets off to an amazingly bad start and is all but relegated by November.

WBA won't be the first to sack Bryan Robson - Not after last season.

So that leaves Coleman as my favourite.

4. Steven_W

Steven_W New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Souness is everyone's favourite, Coleman favoured as well.

But look out Alain Perrin i reckon. Pompey just avoided relegation last season because the 3 relegated teams were so crap. They havent really made any inspiring signings, and I don't rate their squad at all. If they get a draw with a few tricky away games in a row..i think Perrin s in trouble.

5. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    Souness might get carried by his team if hes luck my moneys on Alan Pardew 5/1, theyve got to high expectations at the club an last season thought they were gonna dump him a few times. Think he could be out if they dont start well.