Who will be a sweet surprise this term for Bayern?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by BMike86, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Well......... he could be the "sweet surprise". There are no expectation for him. He is a free transfer for a position we did not really need filled.

I better not be surprised by our regulars. I EXPECT them to be great! :D That's why I did not vote here.

Ok if Santa Cruz stays healthy...I will be nicely surprised :)

2. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Karimi is FAR from the finished article.From what I seen he's greedy and his finishing is woeful.

BUT Karimi is a great dribbler and can cause any defence problems.

I just hope Magath can help him improve.

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Give him time... People should not expect too much of him in the first part of the season. He will have his down games, but hopefully he has a good learning curve.

4. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

have you been getting negative repped by the iranians for posting about karimi? your reputation doesnt seem to be going up at all, despite my best efforts! :confused:

5. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Exactly, you guys shouldn't expect much from him in the beggining of the season ..

He still has to find a home/learn the language/get to know all his team-mates..ect

6. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    greedy ya khayee?! are you kidding
    you need to watch irans last few games, he assisted ALL the winners, no kidding! check it

7. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

My rep points would have been around 400 if it wasn't for some people.. :rolleyes:

But I will admit some of those bad reps were deserved, some of my posts were just trolling. but some of them were regular posts that got negative rep.

Meh.. I don't really care..back on topic :)

Oh and thanks for the reps :)

8. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think Lahm when he comes back will be a pleasant surprise for you guys. I expect him to be instrumental in CL knock-out stages.

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  10. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

I will admit I haven't seen Iran's last few games but from what I've seen he tends to hog the ball.

11. samvan26

samvan26 New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    i am and i voted for Santa Cruz...

12. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    i voted for shwienstieger

13. SuperBayern

SuperBayern New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Seattle, WA, USA
    I think too many people have given up on Santa Cruz. With Makaay, Pizza, and JPG, Bayern already have 3 very high quality strikers. But Santa Cruz has been with Bayern longer than all of them. Last season was dissappointing, as Roque didn't score once in the BL (he almost did on matchday 2 against Hertha BSC, but unselfishly put a square ball to Makaay who easily slotted it home). But he was injured most of the season and also must have been psychologically affected by the tragic death of his brother. He still has great talent and I think the best is yet to come from him. He showed up two days early to training, showing his desire to do well this term, and I expect him to prove his cynics wrong. I just hope Bayern decide to give him a chance, or to let him move to Hertha. After the good years he has given to the club, it's the least Bayern can give back to him.

14. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    that movies nice mani, acutally those defences were the top 2 in UAE, al-ain and nasser, who won the Asian CL. he does this stuff against AS Roma, Germany, 3 goals against Korewa, japan, all defenders are the same in body movements, easily fooled, ive seen him fool defenders of all origins, and he shoots alot, look at that clip all these goals.

15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea....its pretty safe to say he's gotten to comfortable with dribbling in Asia...thats why he just keeps going and going and going and in the end often loses the ball but Magath can change that.

BTW, DeadFingers, is your signature a Stooges reference?

16. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ball hog or not,
    Free transfer or not,

Karimi is a flat out footballer. I didnt think he was that good even though he was the Asian footballer of the year. Thanks for the clip Mani it gives me a better idea of what we had picked up.

I feel Karimi does have a good chance of breaking into the starting lineup for midfield by winter break.

I have been a little mad lately at the Karimi fans hogging polls and posts even though my frustration has not been seen in my posts. But I feel that I have no more bad energy towards his followers because I can't wait myself to see his play once he gets into form. I think this could be a spectacular pickup and it was a free transfer. :D

Willkommen alle Karimi Anhänger :)

17. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Why so little hope in Deisler? Ive always believed in him, and honestly think that this will be his year, just in time for him to shine in WC.

18. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Well.. I think Deisler had some shining moments this last season... Now I think Magath's expectation of him has been raised. A good solid year is what we expect out of him.

I don't think people are dissing him, just won't be surprised if he has a good year.

19. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    but of course. :)

20. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All good things come to an end sooner or later, good or bad. :D

Ich werde zurückkehren :)

21. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

exactly! :cool:

22. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    lol bmike
    if you liked that bro, u want a 30 minute long one that shows what he does internationally against gemrany/ asroma/korea and all this SICK moves, im sure ud love it, let me know if interested

23. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

id like to see this performance against germany that everybody has been raving about!

24. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Exactly! That clip shows a talented footballer that any side would love to have. You can never have enough creative players on a side. Karimi could score much more, if he wanted too, but his role is to weave magic for others to produce goals. I think he is going to blow the Bundesliga away....just a gut feeling.

25. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004