Who will be a sweet surprise this term for Bayern?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by BMike86, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering what footballer do you guys think on the Bayern squad will be better than expected and contribute a bit more than any of us would have thought this season? I will leave Ballack and Makaay out of this one because Ballack whether he will still be here or not will always be the field general, and Makaay because he is our star striker.

2. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think Deisler will finally become a very good player and a starting member of the Bayern midfield.

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I too think Deisler will emerge after seeing him in the Confederations Cup. He was outstanding in the match vs. Mexico.

4. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this term that Deisler and Schweinsteiger will become stars, or atleast one of them. Deisler has been healthy for for once, for a while and he is proving that he belongs with the best in Germany :D . And Schweinsteiger had gotten a chance toward the end of last term and with some playing time he had gotten some much needed experience. And if not for his one game suspension during the Confed Cup he would of shined even more. This Bayern team this term will be a force to be reckon with. With Ballack, Deisler, and Schweinsteiger as great midfielders, and it does help having a Brazilian international as another piece in the midfield. All we need is one of our strikers to stand up and join Makaay and Kahn to try to regain his form of about 5 years ago. The three frenchmen plus Lucio will be a much better defense, because Lucio is a awesome, the guy is one of the best defensemen in the game. :D

5. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I voted Karimi. If Schweini or Basti turn out to be amazing this year, it will be no surprise to me. I mean, they're already German Internationals. The only ones who could surprise me are Karimi, Santa Cruz, and Ottl (whom I know nothing about). Or maybe Kahn, if he gets 34 clean sheets :D

6. Karimi8Rulz

Karimi8Rulz New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Karimi may be the best surprise. I think he will have a record like this by season end:
    he will definitely be starting every game by half season. so in about 26 starts and some sub time:

7-10 assists
    5-10 goals

7. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    shwiensteiger/karimi

8. bayern_man

bayern_man Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Scotland
    I put Ottl,hopefully he'll be another successful youngster.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I vote Ismael, I was very pessimistic in the beginning about his transfer but now I believe he and Lucio will form an excellent partnership in central defence.

Deisler and Schweinsteiger didn't get my vote exactly as BayernWake stated.

10. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i voted for santa cruz... nobody expects ANYthing from him anymore... i have a feeling he will surprise us pleasantly this season and cement his place in the squad...

11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was going to vote for Santa Cruz but I'm just not confident enough in him so I went for Ottl. Like someone said before, I'm hoping for him to become another great Bayern youth talent.

I know he won't get as much playing time but the few times he'll get time I think he'll want to impress Magath and give his absolute best.

12. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I wonder who will get more playing time...Ottl or Karimi?

13. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I also might have voted for Jeremies. I think he's pretty close to 100% now (from knee problems that have plagued him for years).

14. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    What position does ottl play btw?

15. Neuwiednetronic Kev

Neuwiednetronic Kev New Member

May 4, 2005
    I've not seen him in action but I believe he plays CB although he can be rather versatile and play DM also. Bayern experts?

16. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    Yeh i thought so since he's pretty tall...

17. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Ottl.

We all know what Karimi,Shweinsteiger,Santa and Diesler are all capable of.

But we don't know anything about this guy, I am hoping he will suprise us all.

18. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    I voted Santa Cruz because i think he can surprise me this season. He didn't made the break through yet.

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  20. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks man...cool compilation...

How many Karimi comps does that make now? heh ;)

21. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    from that compilation, i have to say karimi needs to change two things...

dribble less and shoot more often...

he has bags of skill but seems to hesitate to shoot... maybe cos hes gotten cocky playing in asia, so hopefully that wont be a feature of his game in germany... in that video, he seems to get himself into shooting positions far too often without actually firing off a shot...

maybe he likes creating goals more than scoring, which i cant complain about and is probably the reason why he hasnt scored much in the friendlies...

nothing to be overly concerned about... im really quite excited about springing this guy as a surprise in some of the CL matches this season... not many around like him, thats for sure! :)

PS: some of the defenders there are just embarassing! :eek:

22. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um... did any Iranians vote here by any chance? ;)

23. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  24. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Let's see what Magath can do with the boy. :)
    pre-season friendlies with the teams Bayern have been playing mean nothing in my opinion.

I'm more worried about our D. These friendlies do very little to test them.

25. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That's the first Karimi "club compilation" from his time at the UAE club Al Ahli. The video is made by an Arab guy, not the Iranians.