Who Will Advance?

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by Naui_Ocelotl, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who will advance? (select two)

Poll closed Jun 2, 2010.
  1. South Africa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. México

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Uruguay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. France

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Yes, but Mexico has a mental block after reaching the round of 16. Losing to teams they were suppose to beat, even after winning the group in 94 and 2002. We should have beat Bulgaria, dominated them, just couldn't finish. 2002 we should have beat the U.S., but that's when the U.S. was really deep into Mexico's head.

My point is, even Greece, S. Korea or Nigeria scare the hell out of me for round of 16. If we met them in the group stages no problem though, weird.

2. rob88

rob88 Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Mexico city
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Austria 0 - 1 Germany

3. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Who will advance? Uruguay and Mexico biatches! thats who, Latino America presente ;)

4. Santeria

Santeria New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Yep, i was wrong. I said 1st. Uruguay, France 2nd. Who would've thought of the France's meltdown...

Glad two American teams are in though!

5. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Wow, South Africa, the host, out. This makes me a little sad though, I'll admit.

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

You guys bunkered! no hate I guess you guys had to do what you had too

7. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything to avoid Argentina... Mexico's got their work cut out for them but that should be a really good game.

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I think Uruguay has alot bigger guys than Argentina does meaning bigger and stronger. Noah Gutirrez of Argentina I think is the biggest of the squad then their portero. Then comes Dimichelles. So with that said Mexico could still have a chance to score possibly. Uruguayos let me hear your thoughts what Mexico can do to have a chance against Argentina?

9. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Mexico has a great chance vs Argentina. You will have a lot more opportunites and space than what you had vs us. The thing is you gotta put them away and well at the other end limit the chances that their freak of attacking players have. Mexico will definately cause Argentina a lot of problems. Their defense is not very strong and they lack a lot of pace in the back. If you guys can take advantage of the space and attack them quick mostly attacking from wide since they play with 3 at the back, you can definately take them. But the main thing for you vs Argentina is DEFENCE!

10. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

This is pretty much how I feel as well. Good luck on the other side of the bracket.

Rematch from 2006.

11. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love being right.

12. WorldCupRene

WorldCupRene New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    We'll also have to see if "guy who managed in a Champions league vs. bearded clown in a suit" has any type of effect on this match. For what is worth, while the Argentinian players liked the idea of playing Mexico better, Grondona and Maradona would rather play Uruguay.

13. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Very true. There is one thing where we've got an edge.

Vasco > Maradona

14. graywolfe81

graywolfe81 Member

Jul 2, 2002
    North Lake Tahoe, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I got both teams right, but in the reverse order. Not bad. Not looking good w/Nigeria for B, USA for C, Cameroon for E (pure ignorance), Slovakia for F (switched from Paraguay due to worries about their ability to score due to the near murder of Cabanas), or Chile for H (the swiss hold a huge advantage w/Honduras as an opponent). Looks like I'm probably going to get 12 of the 16 round of 16 participants.

15. graywolfe81

graywolfe81 Member

Jul 2, 2002
    North Lake Tahoe, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the Confed Cup in '05, and Copa in '07. The Confed Cup and World Cup games were absolutely crushing losses w/Mexico in position to win both (including leading in Silver Goal OT back in '05 via a marvelous goal). This would certainly present an opportunity to break off the schnide for Mexico and finally put a curse behind them.

16. moonrocks

moonrocks Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    eh, after todays game idk know about that lol.

17. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    except that we are facing the best Argentinian team in ages. I hope Maradona is enough of a liability for Argentina to lose the game.

18. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    lol.

managed in a champions league.

19. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

wtf...

20. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we usually have more opportunities than our rivals, but they are no good if we can't score for shit. I will pray so Mexico can hold its ground vs Argentina and advance.

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Amen to that

22. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team: