who will advance (final predictions)

Discussion in 'GROUP F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea' started by Jonathan Pimentel, Jun 12, 2018.

?

who will advance

Poll closed Jun 15, 2018.
  1. Germany

18 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Sweden

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Mexico

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. South Korea

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Hey guys,

All the friendlies have been taken care of.

Teams have finalized their squads.

I realize alot of these groups have polls however votes have been made weeks ago.

Please use this new poll to place your final selections.

Use your head and not your heart. I am curious how peoples feelings have changed regarding the groups now that we are finally here!

2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Germany should claim first place. It's not necessarily given to them, but they have the depth, experience, and quality to take the group. It's really a toss-up between Mexico and Sweden for second place. Some might feel Sweden has the edge, but I voted Mexico mainly because they have made the last 16 in the past 6 World Cups. I don't see that streak ending this time out. Sweden last advanced to that stage in 2006, but they can't be ruled out considering they beat the French, Dutch and Italians in their bid to reach these finals. That's a mighty impressive feat. It's hard to see South Korea prevailing in this group, but they do have players who can make the difference and maybe spring a surprise.

3. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Germany on 1st gear.
    Sweden, only because game schedule favors them.

Kamtedrejt repped this.
  4. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Germany and Sweden.

Kamtedrejt repped this.
  5. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    You noticed? You can easily earn my reps with this three words.

6. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I've seen Mexico in the Juan Carlos Osorio era. They're a bad team that has been bailed out by a weak confederation.

7. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I agree. I expect no CONCACAF team to advance. But there are still some who think Mexico will gear up once the World Cup starts as always. You seem very hopeless. No chance they can?

8. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    There is always a chance, I mean, despite the injuries, Mexico still has some good talent in it's squad and maybe Osorio could put a rabbit out of a hat and finally make it all click; but I have the impression that if Mexico passes the group stage, it will have more to do with a Sweden and South Korea collapse than with Mexico doing something right. Starting against Germany doesn't help.

9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Sweden will get a draw against us in that second game while I expect Mexico to lose in the opener. But Mexico isn't as inept with the ball as Italy was...although they'll have to actually start finishing their chances...so I dunno if the Swedes will get the result that they'll need out of that final match.

Should be a tense third matchday.