Who was that San Jose player messing with Etch?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DCU9ted, Sep 1, 2002.

1. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Respect

Who was that San Jose player that was messing with Etcheverry at the end of the game. It started when Etcheverry wasnt giving the ball quick enough for a SJ startup.(Like every player in the league doesnt do that) Etcheverry was the MVP at the All Star game and one of the most recognized players in the league. You dont see hockey players shoving around Lemieux. I wanted Etcheverry to beat him down but am glad he showed restraint because it would suck to have him suspended in the next 2 games. Villegas' goal was the perfect justice to the incident. Am I crazy or did this bother anybody else?

2. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    It was Dayak I believe, and he received a yellow card. I think I missed something in that exchange, so I'm not sure. But, I don't begrudge a team late in the game for taking exception to our time-wasting tactics.

I may not have seen everything, so take my viewpoint with a grain of salt.

-Tron

3. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Re: Respect

That was Troy Dayak..

The whole thing started because Marco didn't hear the refs whistle blow to stop play and Marco kept running with the ball (I think we all knew what Marco was doing - he was wasting time and feigning ignorance with not hearing the whistle).. When Marco finally turned around, Dayak had run up to him to get the ball but by the time Dayak reached Marco, another ball had been put in play and Dayak simply threw the ball directly into Marco's back like a little child.. Marco on the way upfield basically told Dayak what a punk he is for doing that and then Dayak clearly pushed him with both hands to try and intimidate him and that is when United broke free for the 4th goal of the game..

Immediately after the goal, Marco went up to Dayak and gave him the usual "in your face" routine and Dayak of course didn't like that and waited until after the match to confront both the ref and Marco again..

4. eric6854

eric6854 New Member

Apr 20, 1999
    Virginia

Well, that's because Mario is the finest player the NHL has ever had!

Sorry, one of the few opportunities a Pens/United fan has to make a good stab (or spear, or cross-check, or hook, or whatever) against a Caps fan.
    :)

5. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Re: Re: Respect

Flip both sixes upside down and what do you get? Uh-oh. Someone's got some splanin to do......

6. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6

And, just like always with Lemieux, the refs didn't see it...

Dave

7. eric6854

eric6854 New Member

Apr 20, 1999
    Virginia
    Re: Re: Re: Respect

Canadian Mollusk?

8. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO

You're seriously comparing Etch to Lemieux? In many areas of Canada you would be shot just on principle alone.

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA

From what I've heard, you go to many areas on the KC Wizards forum where people want to shoot you.

We probably won't play you guys again until next March at the earliest, can't you just go home?

10. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Wow, TROLLS really do speak English! Who would have thought it??

11. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    professional play

I honestly don't think he did hear the whistle. If he did, he was definitely being deviously clever.

The funny part about the whole play was that Dayak was so busy being a dork, that he wasn't available to play defense, and DC scored. Dayak got just what he deserved and it was hilarious.

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Bolivia Too.