Who should be the new sporting director ?

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by SportBoy333, Oct 8, 2013.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Paolo Maldini ? Luis Figo ? Pauleta ? Lots of candidates emerging. Seems weird to have a guy who has no ties to France or French football but I see why they would want the bigger name. Poor Leonardo got screwed and he was doing a great job but thats over and down with.

2. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He doesn't have a link I think to PSG but Figo would be a decent choice given he has been a clever businessman throughout his career. I mean when I think of a sporting director, I don't think of loyal/good guy I think more the shark type.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yes I hope its Figo over Maldini only because the Italian media is much larger than the Portugese media and the stories they will be reporting on him & PSG will be unbearable.

4. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah and they'll probably hype up Verratti (not that he doesn't deserve praise but the Pirlo comparisons are probably overdone, Pirlo's special) while linking us to every Serie A transfer target out there. Well that kinda happens anyway.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Nasser said Letang and Blanc are doing a good job and looks like they are handing the transfers so I guess thats why they're in no rush for a sporting director.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Maldini says

"At the moment PSG does not have a profile like mine, as athletic director. Parisian president has often invited me to the stadium to watch the games, but the club is well structured. Anyway is our relationship is friendly and helpful and we'll talk again in the future, "said the Italian on bein Sports.