Who needs to be called up to the national team or given another chance?

Discussion in 'England' started by soccer krazy, Jan 1, 2006.

1. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

No.

2. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Morrison actually a much better player than Downing...

3. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Seems to have more to his game (but he uses his wrong foot). I don't think he's better than Lennon though.

4. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Barton is like Beckham of old, but with a degree of skill.......you are misguided or illinformed.......I have no love of Manother, but I want what's best for England.............maybe 2010.......??? You cannot possibly deny his effort.............:confused:

5. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

He doesn't really offer anything different or better than what we have allready got.

6. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

Nolan I agree with, if Jenas can get so many caps, Nolan deserves a shot as well. Baines, maybe, but I can't see Bullard. Decent player, but not England standard IMO. Bent- definitely, and as somebody mentioned, he's decent in the air, despite the fact he's not all that tall. Ridgewell- not before Taylor at Newcastle, although Ridgewell does seem to have a nose for goal (at both ends ;)) Downing deserves another shot, but Ambrose is in the same category as Bullard as far as I'm concerned. Other players I'd suggest would be:

Hunt, Woodgate(not sure if he is in this category), Etherington, Vassell, Richardson

7. 'Strobaby

'Strobaby New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Woodgate can't stay fit for more than 3 weeks at a time. It'll be a miracle if he makes the plane.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Emile Heskey.
    No i havent been linkin with Kate Moss and her crew to indulge in some fancy powder.
    I'll always claim emile to be better and of more use than some of the other crap england have put forth since we last saw the big lad. Peter crouch-puh-leaze. heskey will score as much as defoe. AJ is out of the reckoning. I'll just never forget Emile in the 5-1 against Ze Germans. At least you know he can hold onto the ball uptop,( Albeit for his size its 50-50 whether he will hold off the defenders or fall weakly when a defender half his size is against him.) but me thinks emile should get a chance despite that crap brum side.

9. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gather around people to see the rare species which is the 'Heskey Lover'. Ready aim...........(falls over and completely misses his shot)

10. AstonVillaFan

AstonVillaFan BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2005
    Dyer and Fowler IMO deserve a call up... Ya woodgate has had hhorrible luck at madrid... maybe he should switch back to the EPL.

11. jimi hendrix

jimi hendrix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 2, 2006
    rock 'n' roll hell
    carrick should be given more chances. i can't work out why king gets the holding role over carrick!

12. Pazarius

Pazarius New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    England
    Why does Dyer deserve a call up? It's been a long time since he's managed to stay fit for a decent run of games, and even longer since he's looked good enough for the England squad.

Fowler? He's not good enough for the premiership anymore, let alone the England squad. Scoring a hatrick against a league one side doesn't change this. He can still shoot, but he's too slow and too easy to mark.

He was just as injury prone back in England. I don't see how moving anywhere will help him. When he's fit, he walks into a mediocre Real defence; when he's injured, he obviously can't play for any club.

13. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    because carrick is not a holding midfielder and overal not good enough for top level

14. jimi hendrix

Jan 2, 2006
    rock 'n' roll hell
    yes he is a holding midfield player you twat. and is better than king at doing it

15. jimi hendrix

Jan 2, 2006
    rock 'n' roll hell
    and with the influence edger davids has CLEARLY had on him he can easily play at that level. stick to what you know!

16. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    de vries caused all sorts of problems for leciester against spurs, where was carrick then? :rolleyes:

17. jimi hendrix

Jan 2, 2006
    rock 'n' roll hell
    we are fourth in the league! end of story. you can't blame 1 player for 1 bad TEAM performance you twat. you don't know what you are talking about so don't bother talking. your obviously american aren't you.

18. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    he was not holding the midfield against CCC oposition and this indicates hes not good enough to replace either beckham, gerrard, lampard

19. jimi hendrix

Jan 2, 2006
    rock 'n' roll hell
    everyone look at this fool! why would he replace any of those three you fu*king idiot!!! stick to what you know! please! you're an embarrassment!! go back to the MLS thread! ..................... what an idiot!

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    thanks DMantyping- glad to know i should expect an ambush for being a heskey lover- who woulda thunk it.

For the guy claiming Carrick is not a holding player, i thought that was his position and that was what he played in during the tour of the USA. I havent watched much of Spurs this season so i will defer to jimihendrix on that.

Anyone who thinks dyer,fowler and/or Woody deserve a callup is in a worse mental state than i am for thinking Heskey deserves a callup.

dyer fowler and woody-hahahahahahahhaa.

21. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    because carrick plays central midfield and gerrard and lampard play in central midfield :rolleyes:

22. jimi hendrix

Jan 2, 2006
    rock 'n' roll hell
    yes.:rolleyes: and where did they play when we used ledley as a holding player. please cobra go away!

23. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    gerrard gets played on the left which is bad for england, j cole is better out there, why would you play carrick in midfield when gerrard or lampard can do the same job then some

24. jimi hendrix

Jan 2, 2006
    rock 'n' roll hell
    for a start gerrard on the left is not bad for england. he can play anywhere. gerrard and lampard both in the middle...............yeah thats really worked so far hasn't it:rolleyes:... it would be good if they could work together but they clearly can't. im not saying its the way the england team should line up all the time but if that dickhead sven is gonna play ledley in the holding role he may as well give carrick a chance as he is (drum roll) a holding midfield player! and ledley is a defender! do you see what im saying cobra? do you see? or are you really that thick?!

25. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    ledly played the holding role for spurs for 2 seasons before the jol era