Who is the best Young Player in Concacaf

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by bballshawn, May 2, 2015.

1. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    lol, the ignorance is strong. But yeah not gonna debate this

2. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Completely untrue. Mexico's culture is probably more uniform and distinct, but to say the US doesn't have any culture is silly. Food, language, religion, music, etc. certainly has an American flavor on this side of the border.

However, I don't think anyone could deny that LigaMX is better than MLS, at this point.

3. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    No one said there isn't any culture, there are many. So many, that you have to be specific when refering to which one. All that you mentioned:food, language, religion and music, are varied. There is no u.s. food, hot dogs are frankfurters, from Germany. There is no u.s. language except native ones. Or religion, Christianity is Jewish. Gotta be specific when talkin music, there was a controversy when a pundit labeled hip hop as american music, many said "nuh uh, it's black, give us credit".

Don't wanna go offtopic, so props to all young footballers who rep their culture and ethnicity.

DankYummy repped this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You try so hard, it must be exhausting. Plenty of culture was created in the US, though, like the hip hop you mention as it began in New York. In any event, I could go through a whole series of tit for tat, but I'm just not feeling you're worth it anymore, especially after the stunt you pulled on World Rivalries.

5. Full throttle football

Apr 20, 2017
    Lainez still riding the bench this season at America, but wait he's better than a player playing regularly at a top 10 club in the world :p

#eltridiotlogic

bballshawn repped this.
  6. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Going offtopic isn't worth it at all, tag me in WR for the link to the hip hop controversy.
    Pulishit hasn't been impressive against Mexico, and we are the measuring stick for CONCAMEX. I'd pick Lainez to build a team around over Pulishit. The croatian is overrated.

sidspaceman, #Vela and DankYummy repped this.
  7. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then you'd be a fool. Lainez is a bench player for America, while Pulisic is one of the top two or three players for a top ten club in the world. You make this statement for one reason and one reason only and that's because Pulisic's hometown is in Pennsylvania. I'm not even trying to dog Lainez because I like the skills the kid has and think he has a good future, but it's beyond stupid to try and compare him, especially favorably, to Pulisic right now.

Have no interest in starting a discussion in WR after you made a bogus thread about me and then tried to lie in the thread.

8. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At the moment Pulisc is in better form then Lainez, but Lainez has more potential then Pulisic thats forsure lol

9. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is that "for sure"? You're not going to tell me to watch YouTube videos, are you?

10. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pulisic doesnt have the talent Lainez has, Lainez has better technical ability then Pulisic

11. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says who? Pulisic has exceptional talent and technical ability, that's why he's where he is. There's nothing to suggest Lainez is better.

12. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It doesnt matter where he is Pulisic's road has definitely been alot easier to get to europe, while started his career with a professional club so its alot harder in his case he cant just leave like Pulisic did

DankYummy repped this.
  13. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lozano just did leave, so I'm not sure how this argument is relevant. He could have gone somewhere better. Also, I'm not sure why this idea that Pulisic had some easy path. He had to earn his way to the lineup for Dortmund and did, almost immediately. It's not as if it were some participation trophy.

14. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    haha yeah but look at the crazy price tag, plus long negotiations, alot harder for him to leave, I am not talking about his time in Dortmund but how he actually got to Dortmund which was easy

DankYummy repped this.
  15. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His transfer fee was 8 million, peanuts these days.

16. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    exactly your just proved my point, it was EASY lol

DankYummy repped this.
  17. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm talking about Lozano. His transfer fee was pretty small.

18. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do you know how much it was?

DankYummy repped this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8 million, as I said.

20. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Nope it was more than that. The rumor is that he got sold for 20 million, whether that's true, who knows, but Celta was offering Pachuca 14 million euros which they ended up rejecting

Pachuca's president said he was the most expensive player to be transferred from Liga Mx, and keep in mind that Enner Valencia got sold for 12 million pounds.

What?

His transfer fee was pretty big for a guy coming from a league in the Americas, only someone from Brazil or Argentina would go for as much as he did.

Talk to me the day anyone from mls even gets close to that.

DankYummy repped this.
  21. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no way Pachuca rejected a 14 mill offer from Celta how are they going to take 8 mil lol it was around 20 mil

DankYummy repped this.
  22. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Altidore went for the same to Villareal in 2008.

23. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    You have a source for Altidore going more than 14 million euros? Google tells me he was sold for 8 million dollars.

DankYummy repped this.
  24. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    @Unimane and sources don't belong together. The guy spews more bullshit than bball. He gets triggered easily and starts fuming during replies

25. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States