Who is the Best Player in the NBA right now?

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Neo¹, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Who is the best player in the NBA right now? I say Kobe, or AI.

Give your picks.

-N1

2. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

I like Lebron but I wouldnt call him the best at 19.

4. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    He's almost there. Right now I'd lean toward Duncan.

5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    My mind says Duncan, my heart says Kyle Korver.

6. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I say LeBron or KG. LeBron has stepped up his game to an even higher level than last year. While he is only 19, he is a very, very special player.

7. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There are 4 players that are tied to be considered the Best Player in the NBA right now.

They are:

KG
    Duncan
    Lebron
    Dirk

8. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    If AI is on that list, Marbury better be on it. Marbury is arguably the best point guard in the league. 20 PPG and 9 APG...

But KG is definately the best.

9. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you were to just judge on individual skill alone, it would be Kobe Bryant hands down.

BUT... if you were to measure skill along with intangibles like leadership ability, determination and improving/complementing his teammates, it would be either Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan.

10. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Keven Garnett has all the characteristics to make him the best of all time. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

11. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Best player Right now, I say Amare Stoudemire.
    Best player in the league is Tim Duncan.

Also Best PG: J-Kidd if his healthy :D
    Best PG right now is Nash.

12. Hans Wvolner Fluerbach

Apr 7, 2000
    germany
    so far this season

1) Duncan
    2) Garnett
    3) Lebron James
    4) Kobe Bryant
    5) Ray Allen
    6) Dirk Nowitzki
    7) Andre Kirilenko
    8) Dwayne Wade
    9) Steve Nash
    10) Shaq

13. Hans Wvolner Fluerbach

Apr 7, 2000
    germany

to be considered as one of the best of all time you need to win some titles and Duncan has two while Garnett has zero.

14. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mr Fundamentals Ducan followed by KG.

15. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'll go with KG.

Most exciting player to watch: Andrei Kirilenko

16. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    #1 Tim Duncan
    #2 Kevin Garnet
    #3 Ben Wallace
    #4 Dirk
    #5 Kobe
    #6 Yao Ming

17. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Meh, Vince is better then Duncan when he wants to be.

18. tog

tog Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Seattle
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh...uh...sorry.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

19. FCDarkness

FCDarkness New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Steelton, PA
    I have to go with Duncan cuz the guy can dominate a game whether he scores 12 or 22. Then Garnett cuz he just fills up the stat sheet and plays his heart out every night. Just on sheer talent I've got to go with Kobe in third. I'll put Iverson fourth, what he's been able to do playing out of position at point this year is amazing. Usually there's a spot in my Top 5 for Shaq, but for my money he's been a bit disappointing so far this season. I expected him to come out with a vengeance after being run out of LA. So instead of Shaq I'll give the nod to a guy who's making way more out of his current situation than i thought he would: Steve Nash. He's completely turned that team around and he's putting up Stocktonesque numbers in the assist column.

20. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    LMAO. Just because Duncan is boring A$$ and VC is exciting, doesn't mean VC is better.
    Duncan in Spurs team=Contender
    Vince in Spurs team=Maybe Playoff, Likely Lottery :D

21. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    Duncan Kobe and Yao Ming are doing great

22. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan

errr..................uhhhhhhhh......hmmmmmmm.....you're gay.

23. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Do you remember Duncan being compared to Jordan in his Rookie season, or any player for that matter?

Vince Carter is has been one of the most electrifying players in NBA history. The difference between Tim and Carter is that Duncan plays on very balanced and well managed team. Vince literally carried the Raptors into 2 consecutive playoffs in 97/8 and 99/00 where in the 2nd attempt the Raptors actually managed to defeat the Knicks where they went on to play Phily only to lose in the 7th game by one bucket. Following that the Sixers went on to be NBA finalists eventually losing to the Lakers. That year vince averaged 29.5 points a game and was on the international higlight reel almost every week.

Now Vince likes too shoot more and as much as that annoys me I cant be mad at him cause he's given me great memories and more importanty he put Toronto on the NBA map.

24. tog

tog Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Seattle

Look, your fist post said, "Vince Carter is better then(sic) Duncan when he wants to be."

'When he wants to be..."?

To be the best player in the NBA you must always "want to be." Always. And you must make your teammates better.

This is not about the most talented player in the NBA, it's about the best.

Vince Carter might be one of the 5-10 most talented, but he's maybe one of the 25 best.

Your evidence is from 1998-2000? It's 2004. That's a lot of years removed.

25. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    Duncan is far better than Vince. I don't find Duncan to be boring either. I bet if you let all NBA teams choose one player, most would take Duncan and several others would take Garnett and then probably Kobe. I can't see one team in the NBA taking Vince Carter first if they had the option. Duncan is the new Bill Russell. You might argue that Garnett is better or as good as Duncan, you can argue that Shaq is more dominant, you can say perhaps that you think Kobe is the guy to build your team around......but Vince Carter?

Anyway where is Ray Allen on your lists? RIGHT NOW he is one of the ten best. I'd argue that thus far he is better than Kobe or at least even so far in 2004/2005 and Ray Allen is definately performing better than most two guards.

EDIT: I see the guy arguing in favor of Vince is from Toronto, so that explains alot.

That said, Why not Ben Wallace in the top 10? I'm serious. He makes a difference of 17 points per game. When he plays so far this season the Pistons give up 87 points a game, when he doesn't play the pistons give up 104 points per game.