Who is Scott Brown?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Steamer, Jan 20, 2010.

1. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    If you're Brazilian, you might not really be gay.

2. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I admire your self-confidence.

3. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Who is he? Simple, he's the one guy who took the election serious. Coakley stopped campaigning when she won the primary, after all this was Kennedy's seat in Kennedy's state where Kennedy had NEVER had to worry about winning re-election, in a state that hadn't sent a republican to Washington in 30 years.

Only at the end did someone actually notify Coakley someone was actually running against her. That's why she lost.

This also a slam to Obama. He came personally to campaign, so did Mrs. Kennedy (sorry drawing a blank on her first name).

If you live in this area you also got FLOODED with TV ads, Monday night every commercial break, every single one, had multiple ads. The problem, all the ads talked about Brown, not Coakley. Hers talked about how bad he was, his talked about how good he was. Nobody was talking about Coakly.

She couldn't even carry Kennedy's precint! Voters simply stated they felt she'd do nothing.

4. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr Brown Goes To Washington:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bqVL0VXrE"]YouTube- charles bronson - MANDOM commercial 6[/ame]

5. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Not true, there was that guy from western mass who was being re-elected through the 80s. And a guy in the 90s.

6. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    The Dow is down 200 points today. At what point do we blame Scott Brown?

7. ElasticNorseman

ElasticNorseman Member+

Apr 16, 2004
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

I blame Steamer ....... :D

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blow me.

[​IMG]

:D :D

9. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    The male body just isn't as attractive as the female body. I think most women would even agree with that. Scott Brown is a good looking guy in pretty good shape. Still, would a woman admire it the way a man would admire a naked photo of Sarah Palin, for example?

10. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    No. Does he think women masturbated to his Cosmo? Really?

11. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I found a copy of this issue in a stall at the Minneapolis International Airport. Coincidence?

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Been awhile since I thought of Larry Craig.

Thanks, Chris.

13. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Thank you Gene Simmons for that insight.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If somebody has a picture of Sarah Palin in the exact same pose as Scott Brown was in, please don't post it here.

But send it to me by PM. :D

15. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4aQCiRjvZY"]YouTube- Hitler Finds Out Scott Brown Won Massachusetts Senate Seat[/ame]

16. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Coakley didn't deserve to win, better candidate or not. She blew it by trying to phone in her campaign. The good thing about him winning is that it does show that politicians shouldn't take things for granted, although this is the rare case and doesn't happen often enough. I don't know too much about this Brown guy, but from what I hear he's more of a right wing talking head and will seem to be more hardline Republican and less willing to play ball across the aisle. I think that might do him in if he ends up being seen more as a obstructor to Obama's agendas. Either way, the Democrats do have themselves to blame for a lot this. After a fairly sweeping election in 2008, they've gone back into their shell and fought among themselves about issues instead of backing and defending what they believe in 100% This has allowed Republicans to paint them as ineffective.

17. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who should I despise more? Howard Dean for not being able to make amends with Obama or Tim Kaine for being as ineffectual yet less entertaining than Michael Steele?

18. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scott Brown is a one term Senator. This was a perfect storm for him. He has almost no chance of being re-elected.

19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oh, man. I'm going with both.

20. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Well, has Obama actually reached out to Dean and offered him any sort of leadership opportunities? I haven't heard that he had.

21. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, he has about a 96%-98% chance of being re-elected.

That's how strong the incumbent advantage has been historically.

22. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm aware of the national averages for incumbent re-elections. I'm stating that they are completely #$@%ing irrelevant in this case.

23. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Not just in this case. I think you can throw the traditional stats out the window. As much as republicans are crowing about Brown's victory (even though he failed to actually use the word "republican" in his victory speech and did everything he could to distance himself from the party) their incumbents are just as unpopular as democrats. That is why you are seeing "retirements" on both sides of the aisle in big numbers. A lot of incumbents are in trouble in all parties.

Obama was right. The same sentiment that swept Brown into office is what gave Obama his victory. People are fed up and are no longer saying "throw the bums out, but not my bum."

24. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay. I'll check back with you after Brown runs for re-election. Because unless he completely thumbs his nose at his constituents, he'll get re-elected.

25. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    that is spot on! you are right about Obama being right...

...or not

for a different point of view:

"President Obama said today that the anger -- elected Brown is the same anger that elected him and he goes back eight years he said. In other words Massachusetts has elected its first Republican senator since the 1970s. Because it was still mad about the Bush Administration."

http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/m/28456144/brit-hume-s-commentary-1-20.htm#q=hume