Who Is Moving To Section 113?

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Craptacular, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Craptacular

Craptacular New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    I just wanted to get an idea if anyone is interested in moving to section 113. If anyone was unaware, please see my previous post below.

Join Date: Apr 2006 Re: Those who will be buying season tickets in the supporter's section...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention Supporters,

It took me awhile, but if Johnna or Stephen hasn’t already mentioned this to the members of the supporters club, I have secured an Official Away Viewing Party location with the Bull and Bear on Westheimer near Kirkwood. This was arranged with the supporters in mind to give the first 100 members a $100 dollar discount per season seat in section 113. The owner has also purchased 6 full season seats in section 113 to support you guys. This was arranged from the ticketing staff for your discount, not from the sponsorship department like the Mezzanine Lounge was. In return he asks that you come in to watch the away games at Bull and Bear along with the front office staff, season/mini plan seat holders, general fans, and possibly non traveling players. I know it is a big commitment to come watch every away game, but all I'm asking for is an effort for some if not most of the games. I'm sure there will be some there for more and others who can't make it as much, but that is fine. If the owner is not happy with the results, he won't invest in the package next year and hence you will not receive this discount again.

With that said, I can switch your seats to 113 for the remaining 18 or 19 games and you will only be paying $2 more per ticket, per game. For the remaining 18 games it will be $306 per season seat ($270 in 213). In simpler terms: an extra $36 dollars for the remaining 18 games in section 113.

I, along with the others in the front office have done our best to work with you and everyone else to make soccer successful in Houston. I know I have done my best to make sure the true supporters, such as you, have been taken care of and continue to support our team. Remember, even with some mistakes from AEG and the front office, there wouldn't be soccer in Houston without AEG for one and we wouldn't even have a league if it weren't for AEG investing in 5 teams when the league was founded for the other. AEG could always move the team away from Houston as fast as it did from San Jose without support. I don't believe that will ever happen and I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't come to that.

I know that Sam has made an arrangement with Big John's for some support from the owner Rudy in return to make it the supporters’ club official location. I had Sam's word that whatever bar did business with the team, the supporters club would in return support that bar. Rudy has done nothing with the team so far, not even purchasing season seats to support your membership.

Please take a poll of what the supporters club wishes to do and let me know. I think it would have been much cooler if you had been in section 113 behind the goal and had Moreno or Ching jump up into the crowd to celebrate. I can be reached at 713-276-7530 or brizzo@houstondynamo.com.

2. Craptacular

Craptacular New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    I'll throw out the first vote. I don't sit with the supporters, but if I did it would be in section 113. That is where I would sit even if I wasn't sitting with the supporters becasue for me, it just isn't as fun taunting the opposing goalie and players if you aren't right behing the goal.

3. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    I also don't sit with the supporters. If I did, I would be in Sect. 213. Only b/c I believe I could see the field better

4. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These are the main reasons I voted stay in section 213:

1) It's more affordable for me even with the deal mentioned in the above post... I purchased 2 10 game packages for $170 each and plan on buying tix for the rest of the games we will go to (probably about half of the remaining games not included in the 10 game package) as they get closer (meaning I don't have to shell out all the money now and I'm not paying for tickets for the handful of games we cannot attend).

2) The view of the game is much better from section 213 than section 113, especially in regard to being able to follow the play as it approaches the opposite goal. Also, the near goal doesn't serve as a partial obstruction up in 213 either. (Both me and my wife migrated to 213 for a few minutes during games 1 and 2 to confirm these opinions while the ball was in play)

3) As we are standing the entire game anyway, the seats in section 113 are more obstructive in terms of moving about and for the use and storage of props like flags and drums than the benches without armrests in section 213. Nor can you stomp or bang on the seats in section 213 to make noise... plus they are harder to stand safely upon.

And as far as I can see it... here are the pros for each section.

Section 213:
    - lower price
    - better view
    - more "elbow room" and manueverability
    - benches safer and louder than seats
    - giant "1836*Tejas" banner actually fits (with a little bit of help)
    - sound projects better from slightly higher up (more noise per person)
    - more surface are for the display or banners and flags

Section 113:
    - closer to opposing goalkeeper for heckling purposes
    - more visibility on television

5. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said from day 1 that I wanted to be in 112 hanging on the back of the net and yelling at the keeper for 90 minutes. 112 is the section DIRECTLY behind the goal. 113 is just east of 112 - with a fairly clear view of the field, except for attacks toward the northwest side. But I'll stand whereever the Texian Army is.

If we keep convincing people to join us in the stands, we won't have any room soon and will have to expand sideways and down into 113 and 112.

As for who didn't communicate or who said so and so etc - 2 different guys did 2 different deals with 2 different bars with 2 diffferent intentions. If we didn't have both deals done - nobody would be bitching about the how the other deal happened.

Great - who would f-ing believe we could have 2 bars step forward like these guys have to support soccer in Houston. I think it's on all of us to grow the Texian Army enough to be able to support both these deals.

6. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm willing to move down to section 113.....we had someone step up and help us get our discount down there and I'm going to use it...someday we'll fill up both sections..

peace

bford

7. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm only going to be in town for 1 game, and I fully intend to sit with the Texian Army when I come down, but I'd love to see them as close to the goal as possible. I'm thinking of places like the Kop, F-Side, Gate 13, etc. All of those sections have a fantastic atmosphere. I think we should do our part to create something like that, and in my mind being directly behind the goal (or as close as possible) is a big part of it.

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I agree with this, if I could put us anywhere in the stadium it would be 112. But I'll stand whereever the Texian Army is standing, which will hopefully be the entire north end before too long.

9. Footie4ever

Footie4ever New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    The Heights
    I sit in 109, but if I sit w/the Supporters...it would be in 112.

10. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with both points, (2) is more important to me - when I took pics at the pick-a-seat day, was pretty clear you couldn't see much at the other end of the field from 112/113. In fact, it turns out I've been glad to stand at the back of the TA these first two games, just to be up even a little higher above the goal cage blocking my view.

You have to remember, that 100 level was sort of an artificial addition by UH to increase capacity when they took out the running track. That front row of 213 really should be the front row - so Dre00 could have been even more of a media whore!

11. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't come into our city and think you can strong arm us with threats. we need an owner that gives a damn! .ticketmaster suxs and so does over priced tickets to events (AEG). I love soccer but, I've lived this long without it in Houston. Then AEG whines and bitches about the UH stadium deal after the fact.... maybe you should have stayed in Cali... this mess doesn't fly in Houston. Just ask Bud Adams.:mad:

12. Craptacular

Craptacular New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    I am from Houston and have lived here for over 20 years, waiting for soccer for another 10. I have never threatened anyone, just trying to help in anyway that I can.

13. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rizzo, this is why you owe it to your fellow Houstonians to sort this all out with Tom and Bulls and Bear. All this quota for tickets, AEG fearing Sylvia the Communist and AEG's refusal to negotiate on freakin' sec. 113 ENDLINE seats of all places, just reeks of Bud Adams business policies!

It's nothing personal, but as a local Houston man I trust you understand what local men like us have seen over the years. Texian Army will never be bought or sold.

14. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calm down people. He's not threatening anyone. Just wants to see if people want to move to 113.

I personally don't care where we sit as long as it's not expensive.

15. santeroatomico

santeroatomico New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    East End Houston
    All this Bar/Sponsorship war is giving me a headache.
    In my opinion this deal is a little too late.
    I am already use to look back and see the Texian Army banging on the Bleachers. You can even hear them in the bathrooms.
    But then I do not have season tickets and for the games I will go I got Section 110 or 109.

16. Berean Todd

Berean Todd New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For what it counts, I vote we stay where we are. The only benefit to me of being down in 113 would be to be more visible on TV, and that isn't all that much of a concern. The view of the far side of the field from there would be horrific, not to mention, as someone said, the sound carries better from higher up. Stay where we are.

17. i'll stay in 213 no matter what
    the reason is that we are 5 members of my family who go to the stadium
    that would be more money
    and I also think that the view is better from 213
    anyway we can sing together the ones in 113 and the ones in 213
    :D

18. footex

footex C'MON HOUSTON!!!

Feb 9, 2006
    HellRazinKop
    I think 213 is the place to stay. Yes I hope we take over the entire North End, but 213 is Louder and More Fun and More Insane and we have More Room to wave our flags and RAISE HELL.
    See ya for RSL
    WAR!!!!!!

P.S. If the entire Army moves obviously I'm in. Hopefully we can talk about it this weekend.

19. RDgirl

RDgirl New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Houston
    Anything that brings me closer to those sexy players: I'm in!!

Please note that I have checked the YES box in order to move closer to the sexy players. Keep me posted. I don't want to get the memo that you guys have left me. I'd be all alone in the stands acting a fool all by myself.

Thank you and have a 'Hoppy' Easter. Cheers, Kelly

20. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I want to point out that I voted for the third option since the list seemed kind of slanted to me and that was the only neutral choice.

21. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. If the extra $36 per seat were taken out of the equation, and you could move for FREE to 113... would you want to change your vote?

22. fordfjord

fordfjord Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (writing from Brasil)

Section 213.

1) Cheaper. My original primary reason for picking this, but has since changed. See #2.

2) I trust in the duly elected leadership of the Texian Army. They have already made deals, for better or for worse, and I will continue to march proudly with them. If that leadership changes its mind, then so be it; I will still stand with my 'Army brethren.

3) Aluminum bleachers, guys! Noise! One day, the whole end will be ours. I will still stand in 213 for this reason alone.