who is Krazy now?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by doppelganger, Oct 26, 2006.

1. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    Any "Old School" San Jose Earthquake fan has a special appreciation for Krazy George! He was a large part of making games fun to attend which led to fantastic crowds in the '70's. There is NO question about it!

He attended the both NASL Reunion's in 2001 and again in 2004 and worked his magic at the 2004 game for the MLS Quakes as they played Dallas in their red uniforms. This was a very special night for him and all of the old timers.

The Quakes were damn lucky to have him! There will never be another like him!

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out the 2000 entry listed here. :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

3. sj_oldtimer

sj_oldtimer Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Clovis CA

I got on an American Airlines flight from Dallas today and there was a Ft. Worth newspaper in the seat back pocket that had this article in it. It was put on the wire by Associated Press, so Krazy is getting national recognition for his invention (depsite the fact that I hate it, especially at a soccer game).

4. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was on the channel 11 news last week with his "San Jose" drum. I really couldn't understand much of what he said.

5. sj_oldtimer

sj_oldtimer Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Clovis CA
    Until recently, he was appearing in a TV ad for a used car lot ad (a "sell by owner" place in Santa Clara). It was probably a 5 second (or less) appearance. I think he has done OK for himself over the years. Not that he got rich by any means, but he has had fun. For several years, he had a bar in Los Gatos called (what else but?) "Krazy's".

6. Gary Singh

Gary Singh BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 12, 2002
    San Jose
    That was in Aptos, not Los Gatos. Or am I not remembering correctly??

7. sj_oldtimer

sj_oldtimer Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Clovis CA

You are correct, it was Aptos.

8. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    and it has never been the same since...:(

in fact, it is being renovated to it original "Krazy" floor plan...