Who is going to dc?

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by CHEGA, May 21, 2007.

1. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Oh, of course, didn't see when he posted that. :p

2. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mmmmmm Yuengling [​IMG]

3. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'll agree.

Yuengling is the Shiner of the Mid-Atlantic.

4. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am packing my car up in an hour or so and taking off. message me if you want my number, I will have a little TA/EB station in the parking lot drinking my ass off. I will be doing this alone or with you guys, your choice!!!

5. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Howdy from DC.

I think there are about 12 of us, TA and EB, here now. We should have a few more than that in our section for the game tonight.

A good time was had on Friday night and we are ready to do it all over again tonight.

I'll try to give a game report on Sunday.

6. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Hey, thanks for the report my friend. give'em hell tonight in the stands !!

7. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last night was legendary.....tonight we will top it!

8. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    did chega and them bring the flags and drums?

9. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    shoutout to EB and TA that made it down to DC tonight. :)

11. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There ended up being 20+ people.

12. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am having trouble doing everything... so exhausted...

We waited in the parking lot after the game for an hour. Waiting for the team to get on the bus. The first person on the bus was Dom, he made a beeline for us and dished out props and apologies for the result (none needed Dom, we love you).

The Craig made his way over, someone informed him that the team has not been scored on this year while he was in the lineup. Then E-Rob came over, thankfully he kept the elbows at his sides. After that Rico came out, Dre tried to give him a scarf, but it was the worst exercise in gift giving ever. Last was DeRo, he spent most of his time talking with some friends? or family? But, he did give us some time also.

Lastly, at the game yesterday, I start talking to a guy... turns out it's Eddie Robinson's father. I promptly scream this to everyone, while holding up Mr. Robinson's elbow for everyone to see. He later told me E-Rob gets his elbows from his mother. jajaja

13. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just made it home.

Wow! What a weekend, this one will go in the TA/EB travel History Books!

Friday: Get to the airport and meet up with Andy chit chated a bit then walked off to make a phone call. As I get done I see a guy on the computer,I study him for a second because he looks familiar and it turns out to be the great Glenn Davis! We talk for about almost 45mins.......He is pure class! Get to Max's house where I continue to rule his world at FIFA 07 but then promptly lose the next game where we picked International Teams(Me-Argentina Max-England) he finished me off with a Becks free kick! I had a few Messi/Maradona runs in the box but nothing came of it. We go get Dre and head to meet Memo,Chega and Steve-0,Andy,Gorley,chris and Mbrian for drinks! The nights started in a hurry when we head down this street which is like 6th street in Austin just smaller! The rest of that night is kinda blurr with Huge ass pizza's,black chicks rubbing me and Chris's hair,alot of Mickeys,Me going on a destruction rampage in the streets,Memo and stevo-0 seeing this white guy get stomped out for hitting a crowd of black guys with a huge ass pizza and Chega wanting his iPod as he road in the trunk of there car lol!

Saturday- Promptly named the wing-it day! We alll went out to eat this place in ChinaTown which was sooooooo damn good! Everyone splits up and meets back at the field where boozing was in full effect thanks to Chris and SeniorCool(thanks guys!).We get into the stadium and start bringing like no one has ever seen! We ran into "trouble" with soccer moms and there stupid ass 12 year girls. A guy hits me with something and I lose it thanks to the boys for calming me down cause it was gonna get ugly if they didnt! We cheered our boys on like we should and I did everything I could to ignore everyone else which worked! Went to eat some food at this place then crashed!

Good Times guys!

14. The Spleen

The Spleen New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    San Antonio, Tejas
    Thanks for the update, anybody get pic or video. where exactly were you guys seated in relation to la barra & the eagles?

15. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    300 level, about 100 yards to left of Barra when you look from field.

16. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should have some pictures when I get home.

17. Mighty!

Mighty! Member

Apr 19, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    spitting distance from the nest....

your group of 20+ brought it but were drowned out by the usually tame and quiet section of soccer moms and girls...

nice push though..

hope you enjoyed your stay in DC...

18. CHEGA

CHEGA New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    in el h town
    its all good .. we know how good we are when the whole stadium talks S@#T even had a mom complain cuz we were too loud (wow) does that mean that the Hinchada there doesnt make any noise or what . also we were told that (that the hinchada there) cant call it barra brava because you guys took the term which shouldnt be used for a supporter group , i think we will change our name to "THE FIRM" any way the security told us he has never heard (the hinchada) there be that loud i guess we must have made some noise there because i never heard a thing coming from the middle seccion i heard more from ( la norte) only drums.... i don't know man... barra brava.... mmmm bbb bulldog cool ass dude much props...

for the rest of the guys there trying to act hard but seems like they were pissed cuz we took their spotlight or something its good they wanted to fight shit we are "barra bravas" too so we downt to throw it down....

just know you guys need alot of improvement for the years in the mls you guys kinda need to get everybody involved and not just standing around im glad i saw for myslelf what the (hinchada) there is all about would and could be better but i don't know man we never heard what you guys were singing some guys were trying to fight so hopefully you guys can come down for our next match... bring the real barra bravas that are ready to throw it down if something happens ... don't bring the soccer moms i saw sitting in you guys seccion....

like i said man someone from the barra brava threw a beer at my face and i will see if he comes down here .......

by the way man bbb bulldog once again real cool dude much props to him...

19. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    No he's not. :D

20. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    :D

Great job to all you guys who came out. It was definitely cool to see those of you that I met at MLS Cup last year, and you guys did a great job of bringing the color in the stands. See y'all down there in July.

21. memo138

memo138 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    3 days and 3500 miles later.....

the trip was real cool, getting shit thrown at you from every angle and getting complaints from soccer moms to the security for being too loud while calling out the whole stadium made the trip worthwhile....a huge big ups to Dre, Max, NaranjaBleeder, Bryan, Art Vandaley, Kevin, NewTex, Tiura, Lanecuador, Chega and Steve. RFK is a freezer, when we got off the subway walking towards the stadium you would have thought we were at a funeral, at the tailgate everyone around seemed so confused at our singing and dancing and having a really good time as if they had never seen it before, and inside the stadium everyone asking us why we continue singing when we were loosing.....its because The Texian Army and El Batallon brought the carnaval to the freezer :D !!

[​IMG]

a shout out to BBBulldog for being a cool cat, too bad everyone around you wasnt, well see them when they come here though.

22. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That picture cracks me up. It's like a "Where's Waldo?" game except the game is "Where's Chega?"

Glad you guys made it back OK...see you Sunday when we beat the shit out of Dallas.

23. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who am I?

Hey Memo Get my iPod!!!! Hey Memo get my iPod!

24. Pan-T Clause

Pan-T Clause New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Silver Spring
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know if anyone from DC has said anything to you guys yet. It was great to have you guys here. We were all glad to see a contingent make it over to the nations capitol. Much props to those who made it an enjoyable night for all. Lots of passion from you guys, hope your trip was fun. Peace.

25. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    thanks for coming, it was nice talking to a bunch of you after he match, and those that came to the bar afterwards.
    for those that had a hard time, sorry its alwayas one person who has to ruin it. but def good showing by all of you