Who is Burn MVP

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by chazsoccer, Oct 23, 2003.

1. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There it is – the last game of the season looming on Saturday’s horizon. So, all things considered – who would be your first, second, and third choice for team MVP from the fan point of view?

Rules:

Must be a Burn player
    Must be on the current roster
    Sucklack field is not a Burn player <grin>

Charlie says:

Brad DAVIS – consistent contributor, good attitude, good work rate
    Oscar Pareja – captain, passion, heart is with team, plus he’s got a bobblehead
    Ronnie O’Brien – scored goals, takes the team to the next level, inspired a win even after he was injured – not bad for a guy who only got to play 3 games and sub on in the last 2 or 3 games of the season.

What say you?

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1) Brad Davis-Theres really no one else who deserves it.

2) Jason Kreis-Say what you want, he scores goals.

3) Matt Behnke- so kidding!

Real 3) Eddie Johnson?- theres really no one else to pick (off the top of my head) other than 1 and 2, so I say EJ because he proved to me that he's not the worthless piece of crap I regarded him as since 2001.

If Ronnie was not injured he probably would have got it, which is who I picked at the beginning of the season. He scored only one goal (what a beauty), but he was always a presence(sp?) on field, even now when he's rusty and probably in pain.

So your winner: BRAD DAVIS

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Davis - Not a great season but something to build on. He was the one who sucked the least.

2. Countess - Loved his attitude and after seeing Cassar (who tried hard), I learned the problems were mostly at defense. He will be very good in the near future.

3. Any fan who made it to every game.

4. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Without a doubt - BRAD DAVIS. MVP.
    2. Runner-up D.J. Countess
    3. Comeback effort - Ronnie O'Brien

Now

Goat of the year:

1. Ummmm...what's the name of the former Burn's coach who led this team down the tailspin this year? I've already forgotten about what-his-name and looking forward towards the next season.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Countess, how could I forget him? Yes, Countess or Davis, I have a feeling once we get the team out of the dumps, Countess will be one of the top keepers in the league.

6. TA-H3at

TA-H3at New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Sa-Town
  7. goal123

goal123 New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Countess should get the nod! He has had an amazing year considering all he has been through.

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all seriousness - this team has no MVP or defensive MVP.

I'm sure for sponsorship legalities we will be required to name an MVP and a defensive MVP - but who exactly deserves it when in the same year we set franchise records for goals allowed, fewest wins and fewest goals scored.

If anyone at HSG had a spine (which we already know they don't), they should send a message to both players and fans and name NO ONE as Team MVP and Defensive MVP. No one deserves it. Winning an award by default is the only way any one on this team earns anything.

10. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    ditto and honorable mention to the fans who kept going back to that plastic monstrosity wk after wk, which excludes yours truly.

11. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    no vote

Wow, the team with the worst offense and defense but we are trying to pick an mvp? Whoever is selected couldn't have been too valuable, the team finished dead last. The answer is it doesn't matter, this discussion needs to move toward next season and what help might be available through allocations and other means.

12. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Re: no vote

Oh, thanks for the deep insights and needed guidence...

A$$HOLE

We can conduct our own post mortem, thank you. You'd better be worrying about yours this weekend.

Geez, DC fans...

13. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    And the winner is.....

Well, Jason won it, officially. Hard to know who to give it to, given the fact no one was "valuable" enough to keep us from the cellar, but my vote goes for DJ.

14. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: And the winner is.....

Now that was Honda. The Inferno gave it to Brad Davis.

15. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Hmm..Honda, or the Inferno? :D

Brad's not a bad choice.

16. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Inferno MVP-Davis

Budwesiers MVP and soemthing else-Davis and Pareja(I think)

Honda=Jason.

17. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    I wonder what the status of Davis' contract is?

If I were him, I'd take a serious look at whether I'd want to stay on a team that has only the fans supporting him for his efforts.

Kreis MVP? Smacks of corporate crap.

Maybe Davis should take his personally successful season amidst all of the failings of Sucklack and build upon it by looking at other teams.

He could fit in very well with a lot of teams.