Who is Burn MVP

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by chazsoccer, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are wiser beyond your years ! My pick as well. Jeff had kept the burn in matches were we had no business.

2. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ROB, its just the right choice...

4. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No, not enough haggis. Need more fish and chips.

5. Red Menace

Red Menace New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Frisco
    In this order: 1) EJ, if he wasn't scoring where would we be?; 2) Cassar, has kept us in many a game and makes one gem of a save per game; 3) Simo, has bolstered last year's dreadful D.

RM

6. Pedro Burn

Pedro Burn New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    California
    Can I chose two?
    If so I chose Simo Valakari(Good Pickup for Burn) And Jeffy Cassar(U outplayed(?) Garlick)

7. luckynut2000

luckynut2000 New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    I think it comes down to two players. Yes Cory and Simo have done great for the team this year but it is really Rob and Ej who have stood out. Ej has had his best year so far in burn colors, but Rob has been the most consistant player this year. Even in the games we lost and played badly in he was always our best player.He is the player who has made the team tick this year and why Ej has so many goals.So he is my MVP.

8. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Cassar hands down. When you talk about VALUE...he's your man.

ROB the former gimp is a close second though....IMO

9. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd narrow it to EJ, ROB, Simo and Jeff.

Not much narrowing, huh?

Of those, I would have to stick with Simo - the glue that holds the midfield down is just too important. Maybe I have too many nightmares of Chad "The Turnstile" Deering, but I think his place on the team has been overlooked.

He hasn't missed that much time due to bookings - not more than Cory due to injury or national team callups.

He hasn't had poor games like Cory has - and Ronnie and EJ have both had more sub-par games than Simo.

Jeff.... Boy, that is tough. On one hand, I think "He didn't play for the first part of the season," but did he ever come through in the clutch - and odds are that we aren't here w/o him.

So for now, I've got it down to Simo and Jeff, with Simo getting the "lean" at this point.

10. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    What? No poll? What is this?!? This isn't the BS that I know and love :) I'll fake the results just so that we can feel better about contributing and having our vote counted:

ROB: 36%
    EJ: 36%
    Simo: 18%
    Cassar: 14%
    Ghost of Chad Deering: 4%

+-4%

11. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh there will be a poll...just not until next week - it will be posted on the Inferno forum. The vote will be open to Inferno Members who are signed up for the Inferno Forum (so go sign up if you have'nt yet), and we will then present the winner with the Inferno MVP Award in an on-field presentation before the game on October 16 against San Jose.

12. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    Ronnie! Ronnie! Ronnie!

13. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    True, but I think he is done coming through. He went from amazing after Garlick first went down, but now he is just like any other GK, IMO. My vote is definitely going for ROB. Not only is he just a really great guy (very very nice when you talk to him), but he holds this team together. Did anybody notice last night how much was missing on that field? He is wonderful to watch, and the team feeds off of his energy. Plus, to wake up every morning with a steel rod in your leg and still come out and own the game? That certainly says a lot.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After witnessing last nights crap on the right mid (aka Rhine), does anyone now have any doubt that Ronnie is our MVP?

15. Zé Bill

Zé Bill Member

Mar 21, 2004
    ya know, in soccer, you don't carry a weapon around like golf clubs or a racquet or tasteful handbgs designed in Milan or a lacrosse stick or a baseball bat---you've only got you!

So when you screw up you can't go throwing a club or fooling around nervously with the tennis racquet strings. About the only thing you can do is kick the goal or the ad-boards.

(like when the chair monster hobbles out on the playing field towards the end of the 1st half and gets JK [afternoon game] or BD)

But if the "unseen weapons" that soccer players
    have, like:

moves,

changes of pace,

field awareness,

uncanny ways of [even a little thing like] receiving a pass that fool your enemy as to what the heck you're gonna do

etc etc etc

[if these unseen weapons] were visible to the eye...ROB would make rambo look like opie with a spitball...so I'm with AlexS and ihearttheburn
    second place Jeff Cassar

hope ROB's absence from the sidelines last night was not significant

16. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hart to argue how much we missed Ronnie last night.

And it showed how much Eddie relies on him.

17. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On my 1st reply I was waffling a bit between ROB and Cassar but after seeing last night I totally agree that it needs to be ROB!!!!!
    (note to self)***join Inferno and have a real vote*** :cool:

18. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Yep, we and Eddie missed him a lot.

19. DirtyDTown

DirtyDTown New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dallas
    I was going to wait until a couple of more games, but went on and voted for Cassar. But my snap judgement after last night os ROB.

Eddie, I thought played well, just didn't look as dangerous last night. I kept telling my friend that something seems like it's missing. About the 60th minute the light bulb came on and I told him "Man I wish Ronnie was out there."

No clue what took me so long to figure it out but I won't forget it.

My vote now is ROB.

20. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put Ronnie in and take out Eddie and you get the same. Ronnie is the only supplier we have and Eddie the only finisher. Would be nice to have some through balls from the middle but Nunez never got a chance. Davis, Simo, Talley and even Oscar never did the amid job there this year. The left side has been a black hole all year (wonder why Nunez at left with Behnke behind him was never tried?). I think if Ronnie is serving those balls to average speed players like Rhine and Kreis though and you may decide Eddie was a lot more important than you thought. CO-MVP's?

21. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Co-MVPs?? BRILLIANT!!

22. luckynut2000

luckynut2000 New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    I think we miss Rob more than any other player when he is not playing and I think everyone knows that after saturday.I think some players have been hot for a few games ( Ej, Jeff,Simo) but Rob has being the best over the season.

23. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    it comes down to 3 players. eddie johnson,ronnie o'brien,and jeff cassar. all 3 of these players were great this year. eddie johnson should get picked though because this was the year were he finally scored the goals. eddie johnson was great this year. he is one of the biggest if not the biggest reason why dallas are in the playoff race. he scored goals is at the top of the charts and not just scoring goals but setting up goals and really helping the team out.

24. theramblingscot

theramblingscot New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Norman, OK
    Nunez works well with EJ, from what i've seen

BUT

my vote for MVP is still ROB. What a classy player, good gosh.

25. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Two weeks to go, and nobody on the team has stepped up with a legitimate claim to the title of MVP this year. Sure all the players mentioned in this thread have contributed a game here and there (even a couple of games), but not one of them makes a difference in the outcome of a game each and every time the step on the field. Perhaps thats is too high a bar to expect from this bunch. It shouldn't be.