Who is better: T&T or Guatemala?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Crazy_Yank, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    T&T is better.

If Cuba didn't have so many defectors every year they would probably be better then both.

Guatemala needs to drop Ruiz, he's really not that good and they have some young talent they can work with.

2. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Both Cuba and Haiti will one day be very good teams.

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I call it even too.

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Its clear cut and not even debatable. The warriors are better than Guatemala. They've had more success and beaten bigger teams i.e USA, and Mexico when it mattered most. T&T has also eliminated Guatemala on a few occasions while Guatemala failed time and time again.

head to head theyre even in games but in WCQ Trinidad and Tobago has simply been better. Take a look at the last two meetings between both sides. T&T tied Guatemala at home but that was down to complacency and Guatemala got lucky after going behind. In the return leg Guatemala played 50 mins against 10 men and still couldnt break down T&T's rearguard.

Down the stretch when it matters T&T wins each and every time but Guatemala fails in do or die matches.:eek: Sure some will say that the wins against USA and Mexico were against both teams B squads but the fact of the matter is that whatever team both giants put on the field, the warriors still had to go out and try and beat them. They did that.:cool:

5. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Haiti has always had great players(they had the best CONCACAF player in the 70s) but things will never improve until they get the organizational thing down. This isn't a knock on Guatemala but Trinidad is a better team, and will continue to get better now that they have a pro league.

6. juice310

juice310 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Soccer History Guatemala is better than T&T But Now i guess T&T is showing that they are improving more than they used to be rember back in the days was easy to win T&T Guatemala is passing on a soccer crisis is getting worst every year they need a change.

7. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    This is going to be a never ending TOPIC

Can some Moderator close this thread PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAaaase

8. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    There isnt actually any football history that shows that Guatemala was better. Overall both teams are pretty much even head to head but in WCQ Trinidad and Tobago has been the better team especially over the last decade +

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I think im talking in behalf of all the Chapines so lets just finish this thread.

Ok Guate is better than T&T when they confront eachother everyone agrees on that.

T&T is better than Guate in the sense that they've gone to the WCQ twice, no one will argue with that one.

Lets just continue with the thread that matters at this momment.
    USA, T&T, Cuba, Guate Thread :cool:

10. Boodsy

Boodsy New Member

Oct 30, 2008

Agreed...this would be a never ending debate :)

11. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i would say guatemala,because i like the central americans (i have a chapin friend),theyre good people (most of them),but my posicion is onesided cause i dont really know the trinidad and tobago team,so my opinion in this one is not base on futbol facts :p ,saludos a los chapines y los centroamericanos.

12. nesco

nesco New Member

Sep 7, 2008
    T&T >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Guat
    :D

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team: