Who is Barcelona's best player, besides Messi?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by GioGyan, Jun 29, 2013.

?

Who is Barça's best player, besides Messi?

1. Victor Valdés

3.2%
  2. Dani Alves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gerard Piqué

6.5%
  4. Javier Mascherano

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jordi Alba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sergio Busquets

3.2%
  7. Andrés Iniesta

61.3%
  8. Xavi Hernández

12.9%
  9. Francesc Fàbregas

3.2%
  10. Alexis Sánchez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Pedro Rodríguez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Carles Puyol

3.2%
  13. José Manuel Pinto

3.2%
  14. David Villa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Marc Bartra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Thiago Alcântara

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Martín Montoya

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Adriano Correia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Alexandre Song

3.2%
  20. Cristian Tello

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    Lionel Messi is of course FC Barcelona's best player. But personally, I can't figure out who is Barça's second best player.

I think Sergio Busquets has a great mentality and a fantastic vision, apart from a very good technique. Gerard Piqué is also one of my favourites, and then Dani Alves, Tello, Thiago Alcântara, Fàbregas, Sánchez, Valdés, Mascherano...

But Xavi, Iniesta and Neymar are a class apart, of course...

HELP! What do you think?
    (Players out on loan don't count...)

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Iniesta for me, ever since Xavi begun his decline its not even close.

3. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar

[]__[]

4. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    As somebody who has watched every Barcelona game since 2009, it is my opinion that trom 2008 to 2012 it was Xavi, in fact I think in the year 2010 Xavi was the best player in the world and deserved the Baloon D'OR.

However, over the last year or so Xavi has declined, which is perfectly normal considering his age and now it is Iniesta who is clearly our second best player. You can also see for Spain that Iniesta is clearly the best player now, it's clear that Iniesta hit his peak from Euro 2012 onwards and I see no reason why he can't keep this level for another couple of years.

And lol at Neymar, very talented and may be as good as Iniesta or Xavi one day but he still needs to improve on a lot of things and prove himself in Europe.

5. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    For me
    1 Iniestea (by far)
    2 Busquets
    3 Xavi (lacking)
    4 Pique

6. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I voted Valdes. He was immense against PSG where he single handledly kept Barcelona in the tie. Messi may have made the difference in Barcelona winning the tie, but it was Valdes who kept Barcelona in it. The thing is, Barcelona have been figured out and all those miles run on their legs are beginning to catch up to them. That said, Xavi and Iniesta are exceptional. Xavi completed 96 out of 96 passes against PSG, a record, and I'd name him as the second best player but Xavi just seems to be impressing statistically without truly making a difference.

7. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Best for Barca today excluding Messi? Iniesta, if had to pick one. But it's tough to compare positions. Xavi is declining physically a bit as he is getting older, otherwise he'd be right on par with Iniesta (if not higher).

Neymar? He's not there yet. Hopefully he adapts well though.

8. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    Sorry for forgetting Neymar...

9. Rojoco

Rojoco New Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Easily Iniesta

10. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Valdes better than Iniesta? :ROFLMAO:

11. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    [​IMG]

12. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    You shouldn't laugh, the goalkeepers are the ones doing it when Spain or Barcelona have their backs to the wall. Casillas I felt was Spain's best player in EURO 2012, even if Iniesta won the honor officially. He was magnificent against Croatia and he proved the difference in the penalty shoutout against Portugal. Likewise, Valdes is the one who will keep Barcelona in games they have trouble performing. I can't think of a game in recent memory where Valdes was genuinely to blame for any of Barcelona's failings. He's been magnificent when called upon. If it's Messi who wins them games, it Valdes who bails them out.

13. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Valdes weren't even that good last season. In fact he hasn't been at his best for longer than that, who remembers his positioning for Ramires's goal at the Nou Camp? Or Drogbas shot in the 1st leg that he should have saved? He's a good keeper but there are at least 7 or 8 keepers in the world better than him. He is poor coming for crosses and doesn't command his box that well IMO.

14. Rubymood

Rubymood Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I vote for Iniesta. I am still concerned about Naymar's performance in Barcelona.

15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Up to now:

Messi
    Iniesta
    Cecs
    Busquet
    Xavi
    Pedro
    Pique
    Villa

next season .... Messi and then ... NEYMAR

16. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    If I get it right, I got it right, but if I get it wrong, I got it wrong. He's a great player though and I really don't think he gets enough credit for Barcelona's success. Granted, however, this vote has got to be between Iniesta or Xavi.

17. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Iniesta by far. TBH I cannot stand the constant talk of Barca. Carry on.

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lol at deciding to participate in this thread then...

19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Valdes? Comes down to the impossible task of comparing different positions quickly, and it's especially difficult when one compares a goalie to out-field players. Anyway, Valdes deserves a lot of credit and is more or less the best goalie Barca has ever had, being very important to the team. But to put him as best in Barca currently after Messi is too much.

20. Calciotiro

Calciotiro New Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Iniesta or Xavi for me, both great passers of the ball and world class midfielders

21. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Xavi was Barcelona's Best player up until 2010, Iniesta took over until 2012. Messi just had his best year and became Barca's best player now.

People just don't realize how good Xavi was because he wasn't scoring goals.

22. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nah, it really isn't like this at all.

Messi really has been Barca's best player from the 09-10 season, or more like the season before that, and he is the best still.

Xavi has been absolutely great for quite a few seasons, but better than Messi? No.

Also - people do realize how good Xavi has been, and Xavi has been very respected from at least the 2008 Euros.

23. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Did someone post that Messi just became Barca's best this last season? :confused:

I want some of that crack you're smoking.

24. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As a Real Madrid supporter i scoff at all things barca!

25. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Shame that Valdes cannot see the field for Spain.