who here likes rally racing?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by vflkirwan, Jul 31, 2002.

1. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kicks Nascar's ass if u ask me.

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    We had a few threads about the WRC on here before the BS crash. Next rally coming up is the Finland Rally on Aug 9-11. Since the Peugeot disaster of having Gronholm and Burns dq'd in Argentina, the championship has gotten pretty exciting.

3. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sue, were you at the Maine Forest Rally last weekend?

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Nope, just got interested in rallying via WRC on TV. Haven't ever been to one, but I'm sure it'd be pretty cool. Is there a website somewhere which lists rallies taking place in the US?

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

btw... I'm pulling for a certain Scotsman

6. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Group B interested me, but didn't they cancel it? Super elite sportscars stripped and tweaked. Remember Ferrari F40 rally car or something or back in the old days of Ford GT40s (blue with orange racing stripe).

8. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    The WRX team is going to kick some ass again at the WRC this year.

I'm a big fan of Auto-x. I recently got a Subaru Impreza RS, but I haven't tried it out on the course yet.

9. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Okay, as I said, I've just started getting interested in rally via the WRC on TV, so I'm clearly no expert on the whole general sport of rallying. I looked briefly at the SCCA sites above. Thanks. But I'm confused about the last two posts. Maybe the posters or somebody else can clear it up for me.

Group B? What is it? WHO cancelled it?

WRX team? What's that?

Auto-x? What's that? (Autocross?) Something similar to but different from rallying?

Any help interpreting appreciated :)

10. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    Auto-x is racing on a course in a parking lot (or similar area), with cones designating the course. For more info on auto-x (also called solo 2) go here:

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/index.html

The Impreza WRX is car made by Subaru. Its got a strong tradition as being a contender at the WRC, with several wins under their belts.

My car is a Subaru Impreza RS, which is the lower model of the Impreza. Both Impreza models are popular in autocross. Other popular cars you'd probably see are Civic, Lancer, Integra and a couple others.