Who Has The Potential To Become A Upcoming European Legend?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by pittsy1, Aug 26, 2006.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm surprised that in 150 posts the name of karim benzema hasn't been mentioned.

he missed out on his first cap for france-greece due to injury, and it wasn't only he who was disappointed... thierry henry in a recent interview mentioned his name 3 times without being asked: "today's players are too timid, they don't provoke; young benzema, HE provokes... of the young players today, it's little benzema who amazes me; if he keeps his attitude he'll go far, very far..."

little is a manner of speaking! 1m83, with speed, strength, technique and a lot of confidence in front of the net. before he was injured he was OL's leading scorer, and he also has 3 career CL goals in 3 CL matches... not bad for 19!

but what impresses most is his maturity and attitude. we have another phenom in our academy (hatem ben arfa) who has heard himself called "the next zidane" since he was 16, and he ended up believing it. only recently has he refound the work ethic that karim never lost. work, work, and more work. that's what makes a champion, more than 150 or 150,000 BS posts!

2. Mad2Ad

Mad2Ad Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Leicester, Uk
    Rooney, C Ronaldo
    Messi(maybe bit young at the moment)

sum1 said ronaldinho is already a legend but not compared with pele or maradona

ronaldinho still needs to prove himself at WC's even pele siad that on english tv interview.

Lahm nah dont be silly you cant say he is better then what roberto carlos was a few years ago

and i still think that if a cole ever got to his best then he is easily the best left back in the world.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Ronaldinho still needs to prove himself at the world cup but Rooney and Cole don't for some reason?

I'll give you a new name, Kareem Al-Ahmadi, Twente and Morocco. The new Vieira.

4. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karim El Ahmadi? Played for Morocco in the last youth world cup in the Netherlands. How has he been since then?

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He's been absolutely wonderful for us, man of the match when we thrashed AZ notably. Great player, I don't think we can hold on to him for very long. Also a shame that he plays for Morocco seeing that he was born and bred in Twente.

6. squall768

squall768 New Member

Jan 31, 2007
    malaysia
    Fabregas , Lennon , Walcott and Rooney :cool:

7. drogbavic

drogbavic New Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Rooney? Hahahaha. Please, lets not insult Mr. Stevie Gerard who is the best England player since Gaza. C. Ronaldo has the best skills, if he can only become a true visionary passer he will be one of the greats. Robinho is another highlight reel but cannot make that finishing pass. Carlos Teves needs to be on the right team and he will be a legend in his own right. But forget all of them why isn't KAKA mentioned?? He is only 25 and has accomplished more than all of them combined. He seems to always be underestimated. He is the centerpiece of Milan winning the Champions League as well as a part of Brazil winning the World Cup. Lets be honest Brazil w/o Ronaldinho can survive but not w/o Kaka. He makes everyone better. Just look at Sheva w/o Kaka!

8. drogbavic

drogbavic New Member

Jan 31, 2007
    PLEASE no more Rooney replies! what has he done?????
    -Champions league? has like 3 goals since 2004.
    -Euro qualifiers, nil.
    -World cup, nil. enough said!! Stop with this madness and hyping this young lad. he will be good at best, not even close to legendary status. unfortunately you rooney fanatics have been overshadowing Gerard, please stop glorifying Rooney so that Gerard can get the credit he deserves. Also, lets remember what a real young legend is like. RONALDO! No not C. Ronaldo but the real RONALDO. No youngster since he has been the phenom he was. Its a joke now that we look at 19-20 yr olds and say "he will be special". Ronaldo was already a golden boot winner and world footballer of the year by age 20. WHAT!!! Youngest player EVER to do so. We have put our standards way too low if we are considering Rooney as the next legend. Longo Ronaldo Vivo!!!!

9. drogbavic

drogbavic New Member

Jan 31, 2007

Here is a future Turkish legend, ARDA TURAN.....

10. Oranje08

Oranje08 New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Melbourne
    Klaas jan Huntelaar. When he kicks the winning goal against Germany in the Euro08 final he will be a legend.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ^ everyone wants to be a comedian :D

12. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yea, we all know Germany will meet France in the final :cool: :D

13. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    And win on penalties.:)

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    18-year old Ismail Aisatti. PSV, currently on a six-month loan with Twente where he's consistently been man of the match. Also man of the match at Holland's under 21 friendly v Russia last night.

15. Mad2Ad

Mad2Ad Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Leicester, Uk
    lol neither has messi or ronaldo really. I was just saying that they probably will do. im not saying they have done.

i just meant that Ronadlinho cannot be compared to pele or maradona or even zidane till he has at least 1 brilliant world cup. He will probably only have 1 more world cup any way.

16. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    What brilliant World Cup has Zidane had??

17. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    98 and to some extend 2006 (except for the final)
    U cant Mention Ronaldinho because he is not European!. Why do people still mention South American players to become EUROPEAN legends?

18. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    98??? He was so bad in that, bar the final. Atleast watch the games, man. In 2006, he played well against Spain and Brazil.

19. LeGooner

LeGooner Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Robin Van Persie....a Euro legend in the making. He arguably, already has the best left foot in football and scores absolute beauty goals. If it wasn't for the injury he currently has, he would be fighting Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo for the goal scoring title.

20. ibby

ibby New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Manchester
    In the final he was France's best player bar Thuram until he got injuried also in the Portugal game he didn't do that bad either

21. uefa_4ever

uefa_4ever New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Mestalla
    People... people....didnt u guys see the recent under-21 match between Spain and England??? Clearly those two countries share the top spot for the best crop of new talent in europe nowadays....

David Silva.. Jurado... Soldado...Lennon...Walcott..etc...Too many to name.......

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Spain didn't even qualify for the under 21 Euro champs. For England it's the first time in a very long time that they qualified for a major under 21 tournament.

23. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yep, italy u-21s got by them, and there are some very promising youngsters on that team. i'll be honest, though, I'm looking forward to seeing the tourney this summer to see some of the other teams as the only u-21 squad I know real well right now is italy's and I want to see some of the other young talent from around europe.

24. Mad2Ad

Mad2Ad Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Leicester, Uk
    englands team is full of mainly fast players that dont have much else
    good full bcks
    baines from wigan
    and
    micah richards from man city

anton ferdinand(rio ferdinands brother) is gd in defence

as is theo walcott from arsenal uv probably heard of him

25. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, i do know a few of the other players from the other teams (from england i'm familiar with ferdinand, richards, and I saw walcott's devastating performance against germany) and other famous players like huntelaar ( i think he still is eligible for the u-21s for the netherlands), but not nearly as many players as the italian team and it is always nice to see the new promising talents burst onto the scene