Who Has The Potential To Become A Upcoming European Legend?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by pittsy1, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Dantheman1

Dantheman1 New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    England
    Did you see Van Persie's goal on Boxing day 27/12/06 against Watford. The boy is going to be a BIG BIG player one day soon!

2. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Anyone who does not believe Ronaldo is the best young player in the world, right now, must be smoking some great stuff. It can even be said he is the best player in the world right now, let alone, young player. #2 goalscorer in the Premiership, and #1 on Man. U. Amazing. Especially, since he isn't a striker!

3. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Matias Fernandez is going to make a big splash when he goes to Villareal in January, you'll see.

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cristiano Ronaldo will be the best european player of his generation.

5. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    I think Walcott will eventually start to cause havoc.

6. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Ronaldo gets better and better.

7. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney and Totti are the only legit legends playing now. Ibrahimovic may be one by next year if he wins something big with Inter. Cassano could of easily been a legend if he wasn't such a headcase. And Juninho Pernambucano is a true legend of set pieces. Maybe the greatest ever.

8. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I´d class Zanetti and Crespo, to name two, as legends who are playing today, as well as Scholes and Ronaldo.

9. Stretch Armstrong

Jan 15, 2004
    Although not European, Chilean Matias Fernandez has just joined Villareal and has bucket loads of potential.

Definitely one to watch out for.

10. bigpoppapump

bigpoppapump New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    I def. class Zanetti as a legend, dont know about crespo though(great player though)

Too early to classify Cristiano Ronaldo and Rooney as legends already, they do have the potential though. Other players I could name are messi,cesc, hm man theres so many that have "potential".

11. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    there are the usual suspects (messi, rooney, c ronaldo) who are young and have already shown that they can play football at the highest level. as far as the guy who mentioned fabregas earlier, i actually think van persie has more upside, but they both could be special. a player i really like on milan is the young frenchman gourcuff, at 20 he has shown flashes of possibly living up to his moniker as the next zz. also, someone mentioned cassano if he hadn't been such a headcase, but there is a young (18) italian at treviso named russotto who from what i have seen of him is nearly a young cassano's rival with on the ball skill and flair, and two other pre-adult names would be okaka chuka, the young roma product, and of course theo walcott (even though i have only seen first hand the u21 game versus germany, so this is more of a hearsay name for me, but then again he did tear it up with a brace in just a few minutes of action). a defensive player I have been impressed with is ceara, who if he moves to europe like has been rumored could be a european legend.

12. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford
    Fernando Gago and Adel Taarbat....

13. Little fairy

Little fairy New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Essen,Germany
    Beside the usual suspects I would like to mention Manuel Fischer and Marko Marin here. Both are only 17 years, Fischer is the most complete striker I´ve seen at this age level and U-17 EC topscorer with 5 goals (also 13 goals in the qualifies matches :eek: )
    Marin is simply a hell of a dribbler with truly an outstanding fine technique.That small fellow only needs to become physical stronger in the future ;-) but he will yet participate on the training with the full Gladbach-squad the next weeks...

Both german youngsters are also nominated for the european squad who is matching a african selection in Feb´07 (for the so called Meridian-Cup)
    Sure they still have such a long way to go, but I wouldn´t doubt any single second they will make it far, cuz IMO the both are the best two (offensive) talents we got in Germany atm :cool:

14. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I've heard of Fischer, but not of Marin, which position does he play for and will we see him in Gladbach in the near future?

15. Little fairy

Little fairy New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Essen,Germany
    W00t didn´t you see him at U-17 EC O_O ? He was delightful there ^^ Well here some infos on him:

[​IMG]

Name: Marko Marin
    Date of birth: 13.03.1989
    Height: 1,68
    Nationality: - Germany and Serbia
    Foot: right
    Position: offensive midfield

Marin is a matchbox when it comes to seize but a hell of a dribbler on the ball. Since the beginning of that season, with his only 17 years he´s a major part of the Gladbach´s U-23 team (third Bundesliga- devision).Playing at offensive midfield or on the wings he´s regulary putting knots in the (older) defender´s leg´s every week :D . Honestly, we didn´t had such a player for a looong time here in Germany. Marin is technical highly talented, and is a serious thread to every defence with his dribblings and skills. Although the oppenent player is a lot bigger in weight and height Marko don´t care a single sec and curves through them with a happy whistle on his lips :cool: Simply a joy to see him playing.

He´s a german international since the U-15 and proudly received the silver "Fritz-Walther"-medal for his outstanding performances on and off the pitch last sommer. Marko got invited now to train with Gladbachs senior squad and it seems he´ll fly also with them to the training camp. I dunno if he´ll make his debut for Gladbach this season but I´m pretty sure he´ll get his first professional contract when he´s turning 18. IMO he´s soo wasted on the german U-18 national side, he should play at least in the german U-20 with his talent.

16. BURRILLAS

BURRILLAS New Member

Jan 5, 2007
    LA
    Barcelona's best kept secret: giovanni dos santos

17. J_2_tha_H

J_2_tha_H New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    melbourne bro
    david williams of brondby. look him up.

18. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. J_2_tha_H

J_2_tha_H New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    melbourne bro
    you are a goose

20. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford
    Yep, he is quality.

21. FiveToOne

FiveToOne New Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Rome
    Is this the Mexican kid they have been raving about?

22. burton

burton Member

May 12, 2004
    Somewhere in Europe
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Secret or just nothing?
    anyway, I thought we meant EUROPEAN legend ,so he wouldnt apply, neither would gago.

I see , Van Persie, Rooney, and C. Ronaldo

24. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Daniel Agger.

25. zenden

zenden Member+