Who Has The Potential To Become A Upcoming European Legend?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by pittsy1, Aug 26, 2006.

1. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    Schweinsteiger.

I only hope that he will come to Man U to fill in for Giggs when he retires (around age 40 at the pace he's going).

2. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    yup

and schweinsteiger

3. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Gerrard if he keeps on playing like this for a couple of more years. He is hands down the best center mid in the world right now.

4. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    You won't see him in the CL this year, but Franck Ribery is among the best players in the world right now and is only 23. He is truly capable of becoming one of the best we've seen.

5. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nery Alberto Castillo jr. of Olympiakos. Watch him a couple years from now.

6. sivlE

sivlE New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Yoann Gourcuff. He is still only 19 years-old and thus far has impressed with Rennes in Ligue 1 and with the Under-21 French National Team. He is now set to break AC Milan's Starting IX. A very impressive accomplishment considering Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti is well known for not giving young players much of a chance, tending to favor veterans. In his first start with Milan he replaced Clarence Seedorf outshining what Seedorf has done in the past few years. Gourcuff not only scored in his first match, which happened to be a Champions League contest (!), but also was impressive with his passes, which were very accurate, and took all of Milan's corners. He is a promising talent who has been dibbed by French press and fans as the natural succesor to Zidane in the French mid-field. Don't overlook him.

7. Real Madrid CF

Real Madrid CF New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    somebody said lahm hahaha. i love these forums. european...cristiano ronaldo. worldwide...ronaldinho already is and robinho will be.

8. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    What is Lahm supposed to be a joke??? I can't name a LB thats better than Lahm nowadays, and don't even think of saying Ashley Cole or Roberto Carlos.

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    18-year old Ibraim Aisatti, PSV and Holland under 21 midfielder, part of the Holland side that won the under 21 European championships in the summer. Most noted for playing Kaka off the pitch in last season's champions league game v Milan; and he was only 17 then. PSV are doing their best to protect him, resting him regularly and keeping the media away, so you might not see that much of him this year, but he's the only Dutch teenager that I think has the real potential to become HUGE.

10. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Simons was the one who played Kaka off the pitch, Johan.

Aissati had the pleasure of being defended by Pirlo.

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Playing off the pitch as in outperforming. The point being that it's a big deal for a 17-year old CL debutant to outplay someone like Kaka.

12. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    You don't seem to get it, do you? It's a lot harder when you're being defended by Simons than when you're being defended by Pirlo.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Aisatti is mediocre and all PSV youngsters are inferior to Ajax youngsters, we get it Bertje.

14. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Just read whatever you want to read. Your world must be fun!

15. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shutup. Aisatti and Afellay already proved they are better than Pirlo and Gattuso by dominating them last year. It's only a matter of time before one of them is lifting the Balon d'Or ;)

16. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gourcuff made an amazing start to his Milan career but I think he is still a year or two away from pushing Seedorf out of the starting lineup. I think you, like many, underrate what Seedorf contributes to the team. Of course, Gourcuff could start if Ancelotti decides to play five in midfield.

17. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Nah, they'll have to get better than Elleboog of Hesselink first. ;)

18. Richi

Richi New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Germany
    Sorry, but cristiano ronaldo is only an crybaby...:p

In the next years i think Lionel Messi.

cheers

Richi

19. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Eric Abidal :cool:

20. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The guy in my avatar Aaron Lennon. :cool:

21. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford
    I created this thread and if you want more hot threads like these then join www.postfootball.com it has 2000 members, but could be increased if football genius's like you lot could join so please come and join to help lighten up the forum. pittsy1

www.postfootball.com

22. Red&Blue

Red&Blue New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Kill Devil Hills
    Messi and Fabregas

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Whereas your world has become less and less fun. First you needed an imported farmboy to save Ajax's season last christmas, then fans sing only Van Persie's name at Holland games, and then there's someone claiming that a non-Ajax player is Holland's most talented youngster. It's just too much to take in isn't it. Don't worry, at least Van Basten still calls up every Ajax player who manages to fart in the right direction.

24. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Fortunately for me, those farts are good enough to lead the league so far.

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Hehehe. I'm just winding you up Bertje. I seriously do think Aisaitti is our most talented teenager though. That I know of in any case.