Who Has The Best Trick On Bigsoccer?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by eyeam2phat, Oct 21, 2003.

1. eyeam2phat

eyeam2phat New Member

Oct 13, 2003
    Harrison GA
    I would like anyone who thinks they have the best trick with a soccerball to post here and give a brief description of it!

One of my favs is (to put it blountly) I lift and steady the ball on my foot and toss it in the air just a bit and move my foot around it and catch it again (Ronaldihno's move)

2. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If you kick your toe just where the ball meets the ground you sort of chip the ball anywhere from 3 to 6 feet and about two feet above the ground. It's a good trick when your being marked very closely and want to pass since most players aren't ready to block that high a pass and the using your toe on the ball is so fast that a defender doesn't have time to react. Actually that's not very spectacular but it's only the first part of the trick.

Oncec you can confidently chip the ball with a toe poke you are ready for the magic. While dribbling with some speed and you see a defender comeing to tackle you. At that moment you can hop off your right foot but just before the hop you toe poke the ball to chip it. The net effect is that you jump over the defender's sweep with the ball floating just above your right foot.

So let me break it up for you. When your about to jump off your left foot you bend your left knee. At that moment your right foot should be in the middle of a toe kick on the ball. You push off your left foot just as your toe is under the ball. You barely have to poke the ball at all! The speed of your forward motion combined with the hop from your left foot gets the ball under your foot and it will float over your foot during your jump.

3. Pinesol13

Pinesol13 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    NY
    I can't play soccer, which is why I watch it.

it's not that I'm physically unable to, I just suck...although I was pretty damn good with a hacky sack back in the day.

4. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    I saw a video of Maradona lift the ball up to his head, and keep it there. This is pretty easy and I can do it pretty regularly. However, the tricky part was when he did it, the ball rested on his head without bouncing (was it his moppy fro or superior balance because of low CG?). Then, he kinda bounced up and down with the ball seemingly glued to his head. I've only replicated this part of it once. I takes alot of concentration and balance.

5. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Don't worry about it pinesol, you're in good company. An average Manure supporter...!!! :)

6. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Shouldn't you be collecting welfare checks somewhere? Its like a Scouse passtime... ;)

7. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    With the ball between your feet, quickly snap your feet together so that the toes of both of your feet hit the bottom of the ball simulataneously. The ball pops up so that you can begin juggling it. Its a pretty common trick. I first saw Ruud Guillit do it on TV when I was younger.

8. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    my trick is simple, I kick and score...

9. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    I can do a lot of tricks, but I think the best one that I do (It looks cool as hell) is this one:

I'm playing forward, when the midfield has the ball (in the middle of the field, of course) face him (the last defender will be behind you).
    Wait for a pass coming hard (bouncing low or rolling), when you get it go like if you are going to stop the ball with your right foot (turn just a little to the left) then touch the ball in a way that it flicks over you and the defender and as soon as you do that start running like crazy.
    By the time you started running the defender is trying to figure out what the hell happened and why you are running. The defender has to be really good to beat you to the ball.

I got a few others, but I don't want to take too much space (I learned in Venezuela :) )

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    un globito, I know what you're talking about...
    I like to run with the ball in front of me, come par with the ball, while running get my left foot behind the ball and press it against the heel of my right foot, kinda like the motion of a bycicle, flick it up, and if done right the ball will go over your head and land in front of you....really cool. Really good to beat a defender who is running next to you...

11. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    The trick that I said is exactly like the last video

12. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seem to be doing stepovers a little too frequently lately, very often far away from pressure.

Help, I'm turning into a Frankie Hejduk clone...

My in-game repertoire is fairly small: scissors, stepover, Matthews, Cruyff, Maradona, rainbow. Works well enough though. I burned someone with a triple scissors over the ball on Wednesday.

13. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the k17 video is kinda like what I'm talking about, except using both feet to flick the ball up.....

14. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    :) Funny, but it's hard getting welfare checks when you own a business that hires a bunch of clock-watching yanks.
    Actually Fri. PM I bring in some beer we get over the weeks problems and they car pool home early, great people one and all..!

15. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

agreed, except that gets darn hard.

90% of the feints and tricks people do on the field are useless.

16. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Feints ARE useful if done at the appropriate timing. Yes, there are those who do it without motivation and just for flash, but there are also many who use it efficiently.

Anyways, anyone good at taking and doing rabona's?

I've mastered the art of the rabona. That technique is DEFINITELY for flash and flamboyance only, but it looks good if you're good at it and use it on a really inefficient and slow ass defender.

17. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in a brothel in Bangkok one time and I saw a girl on the stage do a trick with a soccer ball I previously thought was impossible...

18. BadAzzSnowboarder

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    you sure it was a girl?

You know what they say about those Thai ho's. Some of'em are chicks with dicks.

19. nihonjin07

nihonjin07 New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    japan
    my best in game scoring trick i did was...a rainbow flick over the last defender's head, and twisting bicycle kick that beat the keeper far post lower corner. too bad everybody forgot their video cameras=(.

best in game move..double step-over heal flick nutmeg.

off the field trick..while juggling, do about 5 juggles on right foot then kick the ball up and bring the right leg over, then quickly kicking the ball with the left foot, then do the ronaldinho move (right foot flick, then move foot around the ball), then hit ball up in the air slightly, the bring left leg up and over the ball in a jumping motion, then start juggling with the left foot. took me a while to link all those moves together.

20. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it wasn't a girl, it was a joke. :)

21. BadAzzSnowboarder

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Yeah and i'm sure i was being serious as a heart-attack :)

22. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best in-game combos so far (I'm very right-footed):

1) Skinned the first defender with a triple (!) scissors going to the right, changed direction and beat the next defender (going between him and the first defender) with a Maradona, nutmegged a third defender on the run, and shot with left foot from sharp angle, about 12 yards out. Weak shot, straight at the keeper.

2) Rainbow kick over first defender's head, too close to second defender so flicked the ball over second defender's (and my own) head with left foot before it hit the ground (facing left and slightly away from goal at this point), turned and volleyed with right foot from just inside box - keeper beaten, but inches over crossbar.

Best out-of-game tricks: NONE. Can't do any of them. Can't even juggle for more than 15 touches.

23. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    luckiest move i've ever done. happened during middle school.

i was taking the free kick, the wall was lined up. since i had no skill, i was going to blast the ball right at the wall and hope something happened. i miss kicked it and the ball rolled really fast and all the defenders jumped closing their eyes. The ball rolled under their feet into the goal.

24. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wish I could do a rabona, but I haven't mastered...:(