Who has the best Fans in CONCACAF??

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by tico_sapri, Jul 8, 2005.

1. ranciddroog

ranciddroog New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Guatemala city
    i agree

2. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    See thats why I like Guatemalans, they always tell the truth.

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Yep, we really treasure that win...Do you know why?
    Cause it hurts you guys so bad....

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    yeah, cause they wanna be mexicans!

5. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    So do you. I bet your at your room wanting to get out of Central America and come to North America where life is large.

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I think every soccer fan in the world gets mad if its team doesn´t win..... Oh no, I just remembered it, we ticos are the animal fans, sorry you are right, my mistake!

L0L

7. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    You got that right you are that Gay Lady Dragon, while we are the real fans.

8. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, correct, it did hurt, but not as much as you would like to think. All of Enrique Meza's trajectory was the worst episode in Mexico's history (at least that I'm aware of). That defeat just sealed the deal and displayed Enrique Meza as an incompetent coach. We blame more Enrique Meza than we do Costa Rica. What do Costa Rica have to show for it? Did that prevent Mexico from going to the World Cup? Did you guys receive a trophy? It was a great win for Costa Rica (even historic for you guys), great, however, every single time a Costa Rican brings out that win it makes them look pathetic. And I'm talking as pathetic as the USA fans that claim dominance over Mexico in meaningless friendlies.

9. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    To Costa Rica's credit however, Saprissa did beat Pumas in the CONCACAF Champions Cup, it did receive a trophy, and will participate in the Club World Championship together with Liverpool and Sao Paulo. Mexico (unfortunately) won't be represented thanks to a Costa Rican team!

Meaningless friendlies?

2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan:
    Match 53: Jeonju, Korea Republic
    17 June 2002: USA 2 Mexico 0 (McBride, Donovan)

USA advances to quarterfinals, Mexico (unfortunately) is out of the World Cup! Mexican fans everywhere in mourning after defeat!

Some friendly!

10. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

not to be the semantic d-bag of the boards, but it was in the world cup....it wasnt in the world cup finals

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    And i didn't say this....but i toooooootally agree....we got a trophy

12. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    please can we stop with this game already. Im sick and tired of this conversation.

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    L0L...

14. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    LOL! right. this game gets me in trouble.

15. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Well it's not just that. We also own in you in the knockout round of the World Cup, just in case you forgot.

16. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    :p mexico u think urr tooooooooooo nice

17. CityWokGuy

CityWokGuy New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    CA
    I think that the Jamaican fans are really fun to be around. When the team came to LA about 3 weeks ago, there were a lot more fans there than were expected. They are just a lively group, same said about South Africa. Though, of course, no one beats Mexican fans in CONCACAF! :D

18. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    One example on the mexican teams is Tigres; their stadium is always full 45,000 people, and I mean everytime they play, youll never see that stadium empty. 2nd is Monterrey with 40,000 people, sometimes when I see these games I think im in Europe with these 2 stadiums..

19. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wont name countries, but any country that throws bags of feces and urine at opposing teams cant be considered among the best fans in CONCACAF...

just my .02

20. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Guatemala,El salvador,Honduras,Costa rica, even if the team is not doing well the fans are always at the stadium, same for the clubs. Mexcio has alot of fansm as well and the USA is not bad, they have alot of people gaining interest.

21. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Not always gaoth....go back a few months on your memories, UNCAF semifinal, GUA 0-4 CR, half of the guatefans left the stadium 15 minutes before the final whistle.

22. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    Who has the best Fans in CONCACAF??

is this a rhetorical question?

23. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (tongue only slightly planted in cheek)

Pound for pound, I'll go with the US...

Why?

It takes guts to be a US fan.

1) Pretty much every game, we're outnumbered. Even at home...

(For exceptions, see:

City, Salt Lake
    City, Kansas
    Land, Port
    Bus, Colum)

To still show up in the face of overwhelming odds, sujected to insults, taunts, verbal abuse and the occasional flying bag of bodily fluids...that, my friends, takes courage...

2) Many of our own countrymen hate us.

The abuse doesn't end once we leave the stadium...we are subjected to media attacks on the sport we love...we often have to follow matches...including World Cup Qualifiers...over the internet, with updates subject to the whim and whimsy of an underpaid US Soccer Federation employee with a bad keyboard and a worn out Thesaurus...

3) Even fellow soccer fans living in America thumb their noses at us.

This happens for one of two reasons - either we support a team that "has never won anything, will never win anything, and has no passion" (see Snob, Euro) or, even worse, we are derided for supporting a team that, unlike their distaff counterparts, does not dominate nearly every match they play and so are obviously inferior to said counterparts (see Hooligans, Pony-tailed).

(This despite the fact that said counterparts have stated on many occasions that if the two sides played, it would not even be close (surpassing Australia-American Samoa in its carnage))

With all this abuse, it's a wonder the American supporter didn't check themselves into a rubber room years ago where the only footie they'd be permitted to watch was re-runs of "Soccer Made in Germany"

"Oooh, that was a bad one"

Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you the toughest, most courageous football fans to ever walk the planet...the few, the proud...the supporters of The United States of America!

:)

24. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    it takes guts and courage to where that hat as well

25. ranciddroog

ranciddroog New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Guatemala city
    id prefer to be mexican before being a sorry ass tico