Who has the best and worst fans in the world?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by uber_coupon, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

2. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    [/QUOTE]

By far and away the most scummy bunch I’ve ever come across. I’d be surprised if the had two brain cells between then all.

3. Trigger

Trigger New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    al'right dave ?
    Arsenal and Celtic !

Worst, Millwall and the new Chelsea fans. Long time fans are sound though.

4. 210597

210597 Member

Nov 1, 2003
    Munich
    The argument for Red Star is persuasive, politely speaking.

Borussia Dortmund's fans are glory hunters. They have lots of loyal fans, but not enough to justify their attendances, and their gates should drop once their fans realize that the team isn't going back to the top of the league anytime soon. Give them two years and they'll be around the 50,000 to 60,000 level, which is still great, but not extraordinary.

I'd nominate Bayer 04 Leverkusen as the worst fans. They have a few dedicated Ultras, but the rest runs around like they're waiting for the glass wall to go back up around them and put them in the luxury box they look like they've escaped from. Horrible. Didn't even sell out their CL Final contingent at Hampden in 2002.

5. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    Best fans:

Ireland, Scotland, Liverpool Fortuna Düsseldorf,

Worst Fans:

Valencia, As Roma, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Frankfurt

6. best fans once caldas

900 went to tokyo from colombia these people make less than 200 american dollars a month to live off of yet they go all the way to japan to support there team!!!

7. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Dam you came back from a red card and still say dumb things......

8. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Ireland took 35,000 fans to Paris in October. Few countries are capable of taking those kinds of numbers away.

9. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Even though I hate England soccer wise they do have some of the best supporters when it deals with soccer they go just about anywhere their NT plays they have thousands of strong fans supporting them.

Also they belong in the worst category for when they goo around destroying cities and causing damage.

Argentinean Clubs, those that know about the fan ways in this country know what im talking about the color and life the fans take to the stadiums arent seen anywhere esle.

Spain fans have to be the worst, no singing no nothing boring as hell,the soccer played is good but fan wise, very very bitter.

10. uber_coupon

uber_coupon New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Copland Rear, Ibrox
    and racist.

11. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i do not agree.

I was there when they won the Italian Cup and if you call, whenever a goal is scored you could hear every car horn in the city honking, and when they won everyone marching through the streets for 3 days straight, bad fans than i guess youre club has the best fans in the world

best fans:
    River Plate, Boca, most of the J and K- League teams, and a bunch more

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Feyenoord is immensely respected for having the most loyal fans in the Netherlands. Only trouble they ever cause is when they play German clubs. The club with the worst reputation for bad supporters behaviour in the Netherlands is ADO Den Haag.

13. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I must admit, our fans our the worst but we our one of the best aswell for the number of fans we bring wherever we play

best fans

Tottenham, Barcelona, Celtic, Man Utd, Dortmund, Ireland, South Korea, River Plate and Boca

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    South-Korea?!!!! 50,000 screaming school girls do it for you then.

15. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    School girls? then thats a yes :D

but in all serious note, at the world cup the were brillaint you have to admit?

16. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    feyenoord fans haven't got a very good reputation. Just as Ajax, Den Haag, Utrecht, Groningen...

But it's mostly based on the past, mixed with the occasional trouble nowadays.

17. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    this thread is so boring "my team has the best fans, my least favourite team has the worst fans"

you might as well just ask people to tell you who they support and from that you cant work out who they wont like as well.

and for a rangers fan to start a thread b!tching about england fans - the sectarian violence between rangers and celtic fans is hardly anything to write home about.

there are very few established football teams / countries with any sort of moral high ground on this issue.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's widely accepted that Feyenoord has the most loyal fans in the country AFCA. You can't deny that.

19. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ

i dont think theyre horrible fans, but s.korea definitely does not have the best fans. you will hear people cheer just because some1 kicks the ball really far. at the last WC qualifier a guy behind me asked his friend "where are the cheerleaders?" many guys that call themselves fans can't name more than a handful of star players.
    and actually i think the seoul world cup stadium has only sold out once. (in the do or die against the maldives)
    so of course there are good fans here...but there are A LOT of bandwagon jumpers that really dont know or care whats happening on the field.

best fans id say are ireland, they seem to bring huge numbers and a fun atmoshpere, everywhere
    worst seem to be turkey and italy

20. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about reputation here. Not loyalty.

But if you insist...
    So damned loyal that they had trouble drawing 10.000 in the early nineties. When the club got out of its worst period they usually drew 20.000 crowds (which was about as much as Ajax did in those days... I'll be the first one to admit that Ajax used to draw piss poor crowds during the 80's) and only since the renovation of the feyenoord stadium have they started drawing 40.000+ crowds again.

As a whole, especially since Ajax' move to the dreadful arena stadium, you could very well state that feyenoord has a larger percentage of true, faithful fans. But when the going gets tough I'd put my money on clubs like De Graafschap, Fc Groningen, FC twente, FC Utrecht.

feyenoord has overtaken Ajax in terms of popularity, and not without reason. Ajax' image and some of the following it attracts is terrible and one of the main things I truly despise about my own club.

Luckily, even at feyenoord people are starting to see that 'it's just not the way it used to be anymore' and that's where Ajax started going down in this respect. It's too late to change Ajax back into what it once was... so I'll just sit here and enjoy the 'feyenoord gevoel' dying a slow and painful death as well.

21. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In their wet 'me big man' dreams maybe.

22. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    One should not make comment they have no knowledge about.

If you whre in the least bit informed you would know why there where so few Italians in Portugal.
    The Portigusse federation did a brutal job of allocating tickets. They did not alocate the Italians the amount of tickets they needed. In the end the Italian federation had to scramble to ge what they could.

23. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    this is not a reason why the italian team was so poorly supported in comparison to other nations in the euro2004 who all received the same pitiful ticket allocations [portugal excepted of course].

24. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A big part of the reason why Italy isn't well supported is the Italian public as a whole (myself included) have largely grown disenchanted with the national team picture. In the early 90's it was great, but the Sacchi era did a lot to alienate the team from the public, and it really hasn't recovered since then. Also consider a certain degree of regionalism, where many (if not most) Italians would rather see their club team win the scudetto rather than see Italy win the World Cup.

If there is one single episode that best summarizes our attitude towards our team it was the banner hung up during Italy-Bulgaria in Portugal. In a critical game that we needed to win in order to advance, some Italy fans put up a sign that read "mom, start cooking the pasta," implying "hey, we'll be back home real soon, start cookin' dinner."

The image we have of our own players is that of spoiled primadonnas who think they will win just by showing up and having a certain last name. I mean honestly, how the hell can you expect us to follow the national team after seeing the way they have been playing in the last few years?

But those of us who were there in 1982 know what it is really like to be an Italian fan....those were other days, other times. I pity those too young to remember it. They can't even understand what soccer really is, or rather was before it became a business. :eek:

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's just the feeling I get around Feyenoord fans AFCA. They seem a lot more emotional and fanatical at actual football matches than Ajax fans. Especially in the Arena I always get the feeling most Ajax fans enjoy football from a distance in a tongue-in-cheek manner.

But on second thought you're right when you imply it's difficult to work out which club has the most loyal fans. Twente fans are pretty loyal (second stadium ring is def. coming next year with season tickets waiting lists being as they are - even though they're playing rubbish football), but I can't really judge what the feeling at other clubs is outside games, so couldn't possibly say who's the most loyal.