Who has MLS season tickets?

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by Ucatchme25, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Ucatchme25

Ucatchme25 Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    We are in section 217 row B!
    Any neighbors yet?

2. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two seats in 219, Row P. I'm really psyched.

3. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Timbers Army Season Ticket Holder here.

Sounds like over 7,500 season tickets were sold just with Deposit Holders and D2 Season Ticket Holders. It's going to be great times.

4. Utherhimo

Utherhimo Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TA myself....

5. DemonJuice

DemonJuice Member

Portland Timbers
    United States
    Aug 21, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TA section.

6. BacteriaEP

BacteriaEP New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TA section here as well... 2 seats.

7. _Slick_

_Slick_ New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 seats in section 109. Will also be getting TA tickets soon!

8. Old Growth

Old Growth New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Coeur D' Alene, ID.
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two in section 211 Row B

9. Hierarchyfive

Hierarchyfive Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three TA tickets.

10. hsawtelle

hsawtelle New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    pdx
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C1, Row A. super stoked

11. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus, I mean... jeez, spendy tickets. You'll have to keep us informed on the legendability of the features. Us poor ass folk.

12. Ucatchme25

Ucatchme25 Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Considering the price for a movie, I think this is a good value at under $30 a game for the $540 priced seats!

13. hsawtelle

hsawtelle New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    pdx
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My in-laws are buying; I'm not complaining. We can always downgrade if we get too fat from the free food.

14. DemonJuice

DemonJuice Member

Portland Timbers
    United States
    Aug 21, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I smell an ADOPT-A-TA / ADOPT-A-CLUB-SEATER day. We trade tickets for a match. You get to experience the TA from the inside, I get to feel important for a day.

Deal? Yeah? :D:p

15. revsfan444

revsfan444 Member

Mar 27, 2008
    How many season tics have been sold? Does anyone have a number?

16. DemonJuice

DemonJuice Member

Portland Timbers
    United States
    Aug 21, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a regularly updated link to a PDF which shows all seats and their availability:

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~sedl0033/seats.pdf

Someone on SCUSA counted the red (unavailable) seats of the latest update at 9,444. That probably isn't a true count of season tickets sold as many seats were unavailable from the get-go , likely as promotional seats for giveaways but many were probably purchased by (or given to) corporate sponsors.

17. BacteriaEP

BacteriaEP New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm based on my experience any seat thats red in that graph should be "taken" as a season ticket holder spot. If true then near 10,000 this far out from the beginning of next season is definitely impressive. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we hit 15,000 for 2011.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that nearly all the $1500 seats are taken. I figured those would be slow moving, but damn... Rich people like soccer! :D

Also, of note, I'm pretty sure that section 122 will remain the away supporters section. So I'm wondering if they are even selling season tickets in that section. It would suck to be a Timbers fan in an area surrounded by flounders.

18. hsawtelle

hsawtelle New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    pdx
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deal. Just don't get me banned and I won't get you banned. :D

19. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i have done a complete count of the PDF file linked above showing all of the seats and which are sold. i also called the ticket office and was told that the "obstructed" seats that were talked about in the press (the 4,000 that might take the total capacity up to 24,000) are not even shown on the virtual stadium viewer or the ticket pricing guide. all of the seats in the stadium were for sale and anything red on the virtual viewer has in fact sold. this is from the ticket office rep.

doing a count there are 20,674 total seats (not including the suites/boxes) and there are no plans as of yet to have on-field seating. the total sold so far is 9,444. that is nearly 46% of the available seats and going by the pricing would have generated nearly $4.8M in revenue.

20. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a shit ton of money. Christ Jesus.

21. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    remember the league gets 30% of it but yes, it is quite a chunk of change. and that isn't even half the stadium.

from just what you have sold so far you have already put yourselves into the top half of ticket revenue teams.

of course, just imagine what SSFC is raking in with 36,000 fans shelling out even higher ticket prices than you guys.

but remember, as Don always says, almost no MLS teams make any money so Portland will have to remember to find creative accounting ways to show a loss on paper so as not to upset the "we is soooo poor" MLS applecart :D

22. Shiver_Me

Shiver_Me Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paulson Jr. says that there are 7500 tickets sold so far. He didn't give any "as ofs" or other qualifiers, though.

23. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

that was weeks and weeks ago. according to the official count from those season ticket holders that have access to the full virtual viewer that shows what tickets have sold the count is near 9,500. even if a few of those are "reserved" for corporate partners and not "sold" to regular fans there is no way it is 2,000 such cases.

24. DaveH

DaveH Member

Jun 10, 2004
    I wouldn't put too much faith in what the ticket reps have to tell you. Chances are good they don't have a clue what they're talking about (maybe JVC could get a job there).

Example: my season ticket purchase window opened 3 days after the primary launch. The number of people ahead of me in line would number in the very low hundreds. Yet Section 110 had already been sold out in toto. Less obviously, you can go into sections like 95 and see seats in the center of the section which have been blocked out in a very visible pattern. The same would apply to 211 and 215 where the sight line obstructions are the most pronounced. It's very unlikely these seats have been sold as season tickets and even less likely they were snatched up by the first people with access to purchase.

The current actual sales numbers are approximately 7,500 seats sold with roughly 1,200 of those coming from the Timbers Army section.

25. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought you guys would get a kick out of this:

[​IMG]

Enjoy.;)