Who has been most disappointing this year?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by chriswalk27, Dec 10, 2003.

1. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    Which player or team has been most disappointing to you this year?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    New Zealand
    Aston Villa.
    While I don't think they have the ability to compete with the big guns. They still have some quality players, and should probably be in the top in the top 8.

3. JCUnited

JCUnited Member

Oct 7, 2002
    South Bend, IN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Arsenal. If the bastards don't lose a few, Man United won't pass them on the way to another Premier League Championship.

Everton also. Last year they were a quality club. This year it's a relegation fight (so far at least).

4. AUSGunner

AUSGunner New Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Adelaide, Australia
    Blackburn Rovers.

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leeds have been a disappointment. Although, not to me. :D

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Not disappointed....yet

But, i will be if Houllier is sacked :D

7. White Laser Blues

White Laser Blues New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Liverpool,Everton,maybe Southampton

8. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I agree, although things seem to have been sorted out now, and are playing much better. As for players, I think Steven Reid and Lorenzo Amoruso have been the most disappointing of this seasons Blackburn signings. Reid was supposed to be a 1st division star who could cause trouble with his energy, work rate and shooting. He's been a bit part player. Amoruso came as a pretty solid defender, but has been slow, had many lapses in concentration, and is now injured. Dwight Yorke has been infuriating since he has signed.

Wayne Rooney is worth a mention. Not anything this season in an Everton shirt (but thankfully better for England).

9. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    I would have to agree that Everton and Blackburn have both been disappointments. I think Aston Villa and Leeds are right where they should be, its not like they have that much talent at either team, (Viduka not being counted) Villa barely escaped last year and haven't really done anything to improve, O'Leary is going backwards if you ask me. I might also put Man City on this list though, getting bounced out of cups and not being able to score is not a good thing.

Chris Walker

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My thoughts.

Man City and Liverpool

Both spent some coin in the off season, where is the pay back?

Thought Liverpool would be competing for the title and they are not playing that great.

11. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    liverpool