Who got you started?

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by GROVESHSCOACH, Jul 12, 2006.

1. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    OK figured it was time for this.

I was jumping around the soccer forums on Bigsoccer one day and came across a post by the infamous Helghallen. I was intrigued by his sig line and after one click and four days of waiting.........the obsession began!

Anyone else what to share?

2. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember seeing Stogey's sig line about winning the BS Cup and thinking, "wha?" So I moseyed into the forum to see what was up...

3. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    See you did it the right way.

iwent straight to HT first.

4. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    was posting on the uscho.com forums (united states college hockey online) and they had several hattrick threads similar to our "hattrick thread" oddly enough, so i figured it was something hockey related... growing up a jock i played every sport imaginable until highschool it was only hockey and soccer so it still seemed interesting

5. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Chalk up two on Stogey's account. He emailed me about signing up, almost didnt when I saw all the crap i had to read when getting started. Matt, that reminds me, you're going to be served with a lawsuit from my wife to cover time and punitive damages for all the hours I've wasted on HT.

6. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    That must be a Class Action lawsuit because i heard my wife talking about it as well.

She also mentioned something about Ht not being like real life and I told her her Soaps were stupid:D

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    long time ago back in 2003, Mark_A on hattrick, kopitenkc on BS introduced me to it through something or the other. over 3 years later here I am.

8. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    I remember it started on "Business, Media and Entertainment > Games" forums as I was looking for something to kill time while at work. Originally I started off playing Sunday League, but after a while I realized it just wans't what I wanted. Someone mentioned Hattrick, and I jumped in.

I think that was about 2 years ago. Wow.

9. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back when Halo 2 came out I played a few games with BS members and overhead Qamle and Andy P talking about hattrick. I looked it up a couple days later and now I'm addicted.

10. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    Aw, none of you guys showed it to me. I was playing EPL fantasy soccer and I saw a group called www.hattrick.org with a huge amount of members so i joined the group and went to the website. Been hooked ever since and that was like three years or so ago. I remembering having Tugay and Friedel on my EPL fantasy team...

11. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got Winning Eleven 7 for X-mas a month before, and was looking through the game forums on BS to read about it and 8 coming out in the near future. The Hattrick forum had been created by then and something about the name made me click to surf the forum.

I started reading the original HT thread that was located here and went to the site and started reading about it and reading through the rules. The "Free" participation pulled me in and I signed up. During the waiting period, I was constantly on the site, especially the community section looking for guides and reading and reading and reading about HT. The addiction is still as powerful now unfortunately. ;)

12. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Helghallen sig line about it being addictive, check it out and it was free and I was hooked.

13. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    that makes two for Helg!

14. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    I followed a link in ArsenalTexan's sig from a post in the Arsenal forum.

15. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    KopiteinKC started me out. He mentioned it one night during our routine trip to a local pub. Got the link the next Monday and here I am 2.5 years later. Moderator of this fine forum and GM of the game I love.

Thanks to all of you for making the game fun for me in the beginning and for continuing to make it so. I've made tons of friends from this game and met lots of people. Can't ask for more than that.

16. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found it on my own. I was bored and typed "online soccer management game" into Google. First link. Wish I'd found it a lot earlier.

17. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I saw how many posts this forum was getting, and noticed a sig or two.

18. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a give props to the KC Contingent: Mark_A, kopitenkc, Helghallen and Khunscoot.

I'd been exploring soccer diversions while lurking in BS. Signed up for HT and had four of the best guys as HT mentors & once a year beer buddies.

Course, to show you how good it did me, I'm a div V lifer. LOL ;)

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just so you know it's only 3, Mark_A and Kopitenkc are the same person. LOL :D

20. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    i can't name one person - it was the hattrick thread that got my started. one day when i was bored and browsing the main page on big soccer i came across it and checked out hattrick. i signed up right away but it took me six days to get my team. spent all that time reading newbie guides and such and was hooked from the start.

so props to all of you who were posting in the hattrick thread circa one year ago.

21. litlewojo7

litlewojo7 New Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Michigan
    Must give props to fellow Bigsoccer member Brianjames for getting me started..

22. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang you're right. Sheesh. His ego is big nuff for 2. :p

23. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    contigent of people from kc kickaround
    gm george, hellwhatever, khun, mark_a, parlorcars, pez...i think thats it:eek: