Who goes?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Dead Fingers, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing. We love this sort of gossip here! ;)

Kuffour and Hargreaves are a necessity in Magath's team. Hargreaves as a starter and Kuffour as a backup/occasional starter. Hashemian received some encouraging remarks from Magath in the interview on FCBAYERN.DE -- Magath stating that he merely needs time to still adjust to a new club and philosophy, but I wouldn't rule out a loan of VH. Linke I could see leaving as he seems to be the low man on the todem pole with regards to reserve defenders. Even if Gorlitz was healthy, I think Linke would not be in contention. Isn't he getting up there in age?

2. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
  3. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
  4. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BMguy... thanks for sharing... very interesting articles.

Send more! ;)

5. yzf_bloodhound

Aug 2, 2004
    I dont understand how a stiker can go from 16 goals during last season with bochum into getting almost no time on the field... ps. vahid hashemian

6. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apparently Piotr also...

STUTTGART CLOSE IN ON TROCHOWSKI
    Stuttgart have emerged as favourites to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Piotr Trochowski.

The 20-year-old is one of several players Bayern are keen to cut from the wage bill - but only on a temporary basis.

Bayern are set to sanction a loan deal for the Germany under-21 international, who has spent almost five years with the Bavarian side since being spotted in the youth system at former Bundesliga side St Pauli.

After Hamburg opened up the race for Trochowski, Stuttgart appear to have nosed in front by holding talks with the player.

"Talks are at an advanced stage," admitted Stuttgart director of football Herbert Briem in the Stuttgarter Zeitung newspaper.

Trochowski would become the second player to be poached on loan from Bayern's amateur side following Philipp Lahm, who is nearing the end of his two-year loan spell with the Swabian side.

After 13 appearances in the Bayern first team under Ottmar Hitzfeld last season, injury has prevented Trochowski from earning a place in Felix Magath's squad this year and he has been restricted to only five appearances in Bayern's amateur side.

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bayern is definately lacking another reliable striker. No one in their right mind would want to leave a league leading Bayern.

8. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I can see him succeeding in the same manner as Lahm did too, imagine that. Stuttgart would become our youth farm in a sense.

9. Aussibayer

Aussibayer Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Bay23 Aussie Stadium
    Our strikers are fine I think. Pizarro Makaay and the ever-promising Paulo Guerrero mean that we don't really require further expenditure there. o be honest I'm fed up with Santa Cruz being the player constantly spoken about as having so much potential, yet never doing anything when it matters. If the price was right, I'd get rid of him.

We will be getting former FCB Amateure player Phillip Lahm from Vfb Stuttgart next season. He will be a great for us, as he is constantly one of Stuttgarts top performers. Please can we get rid of Tobias Rau. He has done nothing at the Saeberner Strasse. To be honest it out of either him or Demichellis as to who we get rid off from our defence. I can't see Linke playing forever either to be frank.

To be honest am kind of over Hargreaves in midfield as well. He is industrious, but runs around like a startled rabbit most of the time. And his shooting at goal can be ridiculous at times. Wouldn't mind seeing Jeremies going around to be honest.

Bear in mind that we are often playing in 3 competitions, so must have as much depth as we possibly can.

Who do you gus think we should look at getting for next season? Maybe Mertesacker from Hannover?

Or maybe start blooding more of our gun Amateurs team. It is sad that Trochowski will probably go because he wants a starting spot elsewhere.

JF

10. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    I have a good belief on Santa cruz's ability, he's been used in many different postions that are not suitable to him, especially playing on the MR. Did you ever remmember how well santa cruz played when effe was still leading the team?

Hitfield simply didn't know how to cohere the old lads and the new ones. Look at ballack, he certainly possesses many great skills but he failed to sparkle throughout the year. and he can make a breakthrough under the new coach Magath, so can Santa cruz. This coach knows how to work with youngsters :cool:

With santa cruz, makaay, Pizarro, Guerrero, we have enough striking force though i think i need a new creative midfielder to replace Scholl. I just don't know how long it would take for Deisler to get back his best. :(

I don't know if you follow all the activities of Bayern recently :rolleyes: . Owen, Demichellis are our great players, we have to keep them.
    On the defense area, i'd like to see off Rau, Linke, Kovac and mightbe kufour (if he doesn't want to extend the contract).

Rau just has no chance to compete for a spot next year when Lahm returns.
    Mertesacker or Robert Huth would be nice replacements for Linke and Kovac in case Kufour leaves. Kufour should be played in the DC instead of the RB.

11. Aussibayer

Aussibayer Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Bay23 Aussie Stadium
    But Demichellis has hardly even played. From memory he played against Ajax and made a bad stuff-up in defence that led to Ajax's goal.

Naturally I only get the glimpse of matches from FCB Champions. But I have read nowhere on both Sport1.de,Sportbild.de,and even fcb.de that the two players I mentioned have beenn amongst our best.

Still Demichellis is young. Maybe he deserves more of a go.

Meanwhile Hasemian and Rau are not going to get game time at FCB. Get rid of them please.

JF

12. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    The guy who made the mistake is Kufour.

Demichelis had some injuries and he just recovered and have been doing well. Just give him more match practices, he will improve. I reckon Lucio-Demichelis is our best DC pair.

Regarding Owen, if he didn't play well, he simply didn't have a chance to start almost every games in the last 10 games for Bayern.

To watch the full match, you can download at http://football.hn.org:6969/index.html

Cheers.

13. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The first Ajax goal was a deflection from Demichelis.Atleast he got his foot to the ball,it was unlucky that it deflected in on the other side of the net to where Kahn was.

The 2nd goal was Kuffour's fault.He tried dribbling lost the ball had only 1 player behind him and Ajax played a wall pass and split him apart.

14. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Despite what the article says, I think they're talking about selling him, not loaning him, which would be very sad...once more. I wish they'd hold on to him to take over Scholl's role.

In other news, I'm reading that Huth may be coming, as contracts with Linke, Kuffour, and Kovac are nearing the end. That would make one of my wishes come true, the other one being Mertesacker. Imagine a back-line with Görlitz, Mertesacker, Huth, and Lahm--they're all in their early 20s and I think could make things watertight back there for a decade (while studying under Lucio and Sagnol in the meantime :)).

If your foundation is weak the rest of your house will crumble. Defense wins games!!!

15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You read my mind buddy boy! Huth is wasting away under that pig , Mourinho and needs to come to Bavaria as quickly as possible.

On another note, I'm still one for Podolski coming over. I know that with Guerrero in such form this is not very likely but Lukas is Germany's most promising striker and their second choice next to Kuranyi. He needs playing time in the big leagues, its not like he doesnt have the potential. I still say bring him over.

16. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  17. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    On the FCB website, it says that Trochowski has agreed to personal terms with VFB, but the clubs have not agreed to any terms. If the clubs do agree to terms, it would be really bad to loose him. I feel that he has a lot of potential. C'mon FCB, please dont sell him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  19. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    damn, trochowski will go to stuttgart, and rosicky wants to move to Porto. I don't know who can lead bayern to attack like Scholl has done. Hope bayern will think again to keep trochowski and allow him to play little by little to substitute Ze roberto on the left side.

Our current midfield consisting of Balla, frings, roberto, owen is not good enough in terms of creativity. When we meet a team like Juve, we desperately need a player like scholl to tear apart its defence.and i can see Trochowski can do that, just be patient with him.

20. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    BMGuy
    The Trochowski deal is more or less done, he wants to join Stuttgart, Stuttgart wants him, the only question left is the transfer fee. Its just a matter of days that he'll join the VfB.

21. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Surprise, surprise! Trochowski now joins the HSV!
    Bayern canceled the Stuttgart deal coz they only wanted to pay 750.000€, Hamburg pays 1 million so now he's a Hamburg player :)

22. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    smokes on Stuttgart!

23. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    Where did you get that info ??

24. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  25. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    HSV released a press statement at about 6pm (german time) tonight.