Who goes: Defender

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Dead Fingers, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Who is going to leave during the Winter transfer window?

2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I just guessed Rau. No reason, really. Just a hunch. I know he made some huge blunders in the Gladbach game. Then again...Kuffour and Kovac are older...

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Other as in the most obvious choice....Linke...he is the worst out of all those and getting old and tired.

4. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be interesting to see who does go.

-Kuffour is likely this summer to leave. He is valuable now.

-Rau is playing with the amatuer side and loving it. Possible hint at going to Wolfsburg.

-Kovac is playing a major role in some good victories and I see him working his way back into the graces of the team/coach/management if it continues.

-Sagnol is oft injured and was animate about being released after Hitzfeld left. He and Gorlitz seemed to start to play well on the right together, but that has changed with Gorlitz's lay-off due to injury. I would bet this is a possiblity.

-Linke will serve out his contract as will Scholl, then they are done.

5. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    i think sagnol won't go anywhere as Arsenal are no longer interested in him. and Magath will keep Kufour, i guess ;) . Linke and Kovac will leave, wanna bet ?? :D

6. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    I doubt anyone will leave in the winter. There should be a clearout in the summer as there is a lot of deadwood there.

Tobias Rau is possibly the worst fullback I have ever seen live.

7. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It is pretty sad that Bayern chooses to play a right side midfielder in left back instead of Rau.

Rau, Zickler, Santa Cruz, Hashemian, and Linke are probably the main candidates. We already know that Scholl will retire at the end of the season and Zickler may want to consider doing the same.

8. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Those are the people I would want to see leave, Lahm will be coming back so there is no need for Rau really, Guerror's form doesn't leave much hope for Hashemian, Linke is just dead in every aspect....Zickler and Santa Cruz are givens.

10. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

so if zickler roque leave, who comes in as replacements?

we cant play next season with just guerrero pizza and makaay
    i dont think bayern will release either until theyve identified a target and make some headway on bringing him to sabener strasse

rau is probably gonna leave... although i have to say id like him to stay - simply because he can be back up to lahm next season... theres nobody else that will do that... its better than playing brazzo there...

leave brazzo to cover at RM...

we need two players for every position...

i dont think anybody will leave in january, but i expect kuffour, linke and scholl to leave/retire in the summer...

after that, it leaves - kovac, demichelis and lucio...

imo, we need one more defender for the squad...
    fahrenhorst seems to be developing well and hes quite verstaile...

we've got too many central midfielders - frings ballack hargreaves jens schweini scholl

maybe jens and scholl will retire - cos i wouldnt like to see any of the others leaving...

our priorities next summer should be getting a striker with a good track record...
    and a promising center back... - like demichelis...

11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Podolski baby....Podolski....As for the central defender....why not Huth?

12. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think Bayern should give Demichellis a chance in his favourite position at centre half. He has youth on his side so if it isn't an instant success atleast he can improve, unlike players like Kovac,Linke and Kuffour. I say give Demichellis a chance and bring in a player yes like Robert Huth from Chelsea to cover incase Lucio or Demi gets injured.
    As for the striker i think give up on Tevez, he would've already joined if he is going to come to Germany. I have never seen Podolski play apart from at Euro 2004. Is he used at Cologne the way in which Bayern are looking to use a forward behind Makaay?

13. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Linke is old and a little bit slowly, but still better than Kovac. All the last games i saw playing Kovac, he was crap. He should leave Bayern in the winter and Linke in the summer. If we then will get Friedrich or Hut we would have a good central defense (also the substitutes).

14. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i dont think anybody should leave in the winter...

agree with the guy that said linke is better than kovac...
    linke was stellar at the world cup (albeit that was two years ago) and as long as hes aggressive, is quite a reliable performer...

i like the idea of bringing huth to bayern (hes a tough, talented, promising germany defender), but im very interested in this fahrenhorst guy...

looks like he can play as a fullback and a central defender

that will always be useful, especially if rau continues to underperform...

hes done well so far, when called upon by klinnsman for national duty...

to sum it up, my choices...

january (nobody forced/transferred out or in - unless a really horrible run of form calls for desperate measures)

summer (scholl, linke retire)
    1 of kuffour/kovac transferred out...
    huth/fahrenhorst brought in...
    lahm returns as first choice LB... (cant wait for this, frankly)

podalski (preferably benny lauth - among the current german players, i think only deisler is more comfortable and poised on the ball) brought in only to replace roque and/or hashemian if transferred out...

as far as trimming the entire squad goes - i dont understand this fascination of having only 22 or so players...

as i said before, we may have a bit too many central midfielders, but i wouldnt wanna let any of ballack, jeremies, frings, hargreaves and schweini go...

final squad

kahn, rensing (this needs to be reevaluated soon as well, with kahn steadily waning and rensing not quite there yet)

sagnol goerlitz lucio demichelis (huth/fahrenhorst) kuffour lahm rau

deisler brazzo schweini owen frings ballack jens trochowski ze

makaay pizza guerrero hashemian lauth

total number 24
    (oh yeah, zickler needs to go too - dunno when his contract is up, but hes done nothing of any use to bayern since netting those two goals in that fantastic 4-1 win over real some 4-5 years ago)

15. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good summary... well said. Couldn't agree more about Rensing's situation. Concerning younger players like Rau and Trochowski, the Bayern website has stated that Trochowski will likely be loaned out, and Rau could also be in a position to move on elsewhere - however, apparently he is a talented outside mid and not really an outside back (??). Lahm will be a great acquisition and fits right into that "youth" movement Magath likes so much -- we have some promise in Gorlitz and Demichaelis (who, I agree, see more time at CB) in the back... Lauth would fit right in.

Kuffour is almost certain to leave, only because I think enough Italian clubs are willing to pay the kind of money Munich does not in order to retain him. Too bad... I like Sammy alot. Sagnol is an asset, but will he stay?

Lastly, I am waning on the Deisler situation... I understand the boy has issues, but do you think perhaps his better days are already behind him? As for Lauth, isn't he considered more of a midfielder? I don't know, I was told that when I suggested he play up top as well.

16. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I think Bayern could make some money from Sagnol and/or Kuffour. I hate to say it, but Bayern have been affected by not progressing in the CL 2 years ago and then not winning anything last year. The financial situation is getting a little tighter. They are playing with an oversized team. I think they would be happy if they cut 2, but made some good money off of the transfer. I think this will be the last season for Scholl--so there is one for you. After the last few years, in which they have continued to add to the back end they now need forwards. They are probably going to need some good cash for this.
    Bayern, especially under Uli and KH, will never go into the red (unless there is something we can't see in terms of Bayern finances)

17. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Kuffour, Sagnol, or Kovac could likely bring some suitors. But I think Kuffour will be the one to go. Just a guess.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I read today that Kuffour made a "come and get me" plea to Arsenal. I doubt very much Wenger is interested in Kuffour, as he is terrible with ball control.
    Bayern have a habit of making players look better than they really are; take Elber and Anderson for example (last and current season void:)).

19. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Hey   --I see your profile gave birth to a lots little   . No more fertility drugs for you. :eek: Have a good weekend?

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Hello, I am afraid you got it wrong.
    It is coded language to subliminally take over one's mind progressively after viewing it numerous times. I have devised a plan to take over the world through brainwashing!!

My weekend was quite poor, girl of interest thought it adventurous to go to some samba jazz club. Of course junior thinking dirty thoughts decided this was a good idea as some samba music and alcohol had the potential for a very good night. Unfortunately the "brazilian" singer, could have been from Somalia for all I know, sounded like he had a gerbil inserted into his rectum which made for excruciating listening. Girlie was bored not even alcohol and my extremely funny sense of humour and good looks could save the night. Weekend was a failure, this week it is time to formulate a new plan to infiltrate the punani!! How was your weekend?

21. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! Try living with a women in her first trimester!! Talk about gettin none! ;)

Bayern won. Bears won. Red Sox won World Series (oh wait, that was like a month ago... ah, what the hell, I am still celebrating!). Weekend = good!

22. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    samba jazz should have been your first clue ;)

I worked my second job (used bookstore) Saturday and had a very uneventful weekend --Me and the wife(first time I have ever said that) hung out and relaxed. We both has busy weeks.

23. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    We need to get an internet party going sometime if our weekends are all so uneventful.

No Samba Jazz!

24. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Like Pizza and Milk. Both great in their own right, but together --ughh!!!

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Oh congratulations! (*not on getting any play but her pregnancy, just to clarify ;))

Haha yes indeed, as I said junior thought of himself first, there was no room for logic. DAMN HIM!!

Wife eh? I need to get married too... oh Jessica Alba why don't you respond to my emails?