Who do you want in the Quarter finals?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by DDR, Jun 19, 2012.

?

Who do you want Italy to face in the Quarter Finals of Euro 2012?

Poll closed Jun 19, 2012.
  1. France

31.6%
  2. England

68.4%
  1. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    England, ******** me. Batten down the forum and prepare to repel premtrolls.

I just know that Italy is going to make me suffer like never before.

Dream: Italy go up 1-0 early and hold the lead for the whole game, even though the ref is appallingly biased against them. Two beautiful Italian goals are waved off incorrectly. Carroll is booked for diving, Rooney misses a bogusly awarded PK and is sent off for suckerpunching De Rossi, and Gerrard gets a second yellow for yapping at the ref. Also it would be awesome if England had a legitimate goal disallowed. English pundits die of apoplexy. All is right with the universe.

Nightmare: Italy go up 1-0 early and concede a ridiculous goal in injury time, then go on to lose on penalties.

gumbacicc and jerrito repped this.
  2. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I watched that as well. Hansen knows nothing about Italian football and always writes us off. In Germany 2006 he tipped either Brazil, Argentina or England to win. All went out at the quarter finals. They also made a joke about Hansen not rating Ibrahimovic as a player.

We did look tired in the second half of the matches but this time we will have a week to prepere instead of four days so I expect our fitness levels to be better.

3. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    This is bigsoccer, every board is considered an England board by the management. We won't need to go to them, they will go on the "neutral" threads and come in here and talk trash with impunity. Just like always. I better go check and make sure my ignore list is working... M, Prawn Sandwich, that whole ********ing lot of them... shit, I should just quit bigsoccer now and save the aggravation. Whether Italy wins or loses won't even matter, they are equally annoying beating their chests or bleating their excuses.

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

both scenarios sound horrible man, whats wrong with u? LOL

good scenario for me; italy go up 2-0 easily first half and english lose all hope 2nd half...then they'll have a 10-15 of possession and attacking but nothing to show for it...then the 3rd sub for italy will come in and score the 3rd goal in 83rd min and send the english fans home crying :D

If italy plays like they did vs. croatia and spain in first half...they NEED to finish the chances and for sure can get 2 goals

LToni repped this.
  5. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is great ! I did not watch the Eng/Uk match but apparently England parked the bus, and then got a lucky bounce off rooneys head. England team is so hyped up, its not even funny and there is no way they will be able to stop Italys attack !

Some of the comment here are ridiculous.

6. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My dream scenario is Balo plays like he did against Man U and beats England by himself.

jerrito repped this.
  7. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    No. Because then they'll take credit for it by saying, "Obviously, one Premier League player can carry that lot of diving catenaccio cheaters..."

8. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Absolute rubbish. Look at the English board and we are giving Italy a lot of respect. Of course we are happy that we are not facing Spain, who would want to face the current Euro and WC champions? Us being happy that we avoided Spain does not translate to us being happy that we have got Italy next. There is no need to make up untrue claims.

mattteo and Sempre repped this.
  9. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I'm focusing on REALISTIC scenarios.

10. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A late Walcott / Ox introduction might be cause for worry, if Hodgson sticks with that pattern. Although Rooney is also not quite match fit, so that could help in the later stages.

And, despite the ridicule I may endure, without Chiellini in the back I think Carroll could actually cause some problems if he comes in late. Especially since Ashley Young has not really shown up in this tournament--Sunday would be a bad time for him to refind his ability to cross a ball.

But I'm hopeful. Based on the tournament, I think Italy have played significantly better and looked more comfortable.

11. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I'm not worried about England's pace out wide so much because Italy has tons of speed there. Abate can keep up even with C. Ronaldo. Balzaretti is also very very fast. If it's 3-5-2, then you have Maggio instead of Abate, not much loss of pace there.

Carroll nicking one on a header certainly can't be ruled out. Gerrard having a moment and walloping one in from 30 yards also worries me, even if he sends four or five other shots into orbit, with Italy's luck, he'll connect on one. Plus I feel certain the refs will award England a PK for something, deserved or not. Probably some pathetic dive by Rooney. Italy should play like they need to score at least two goals to win, preferably three.

12. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agreed. We Italy fans have a bit of an inferiority complex. Everyone here should relax. It will be a good game, it's wide open, neither side should assume they are a guarantee for the win or even that the other fans are assuming such.

13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know friend. I listened to talksport this afternoon and heard some ridiculous calls. England went from a workman like squad to the best team in europe.

One caller even said "Yeah i know Pirlo is class, but England have Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney and Andy Carroll."

I'm not making that up

14. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To be fair Italian general TV journalists and pundits (the likes of Collovati, D'Amico, Varriale, Bartoletti, Zazzaroni...Jesus Christ) are just as ignorant, biased and prone to silly stereotyping...it's not unique to England. Some RAI comments are borderline offensive.

15. gummy-bear83

gummy-bear83 Member

May 24, 2010
    Piombino, Tuscany.
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Collovati:"Greece is a shitty team" :rolleyes:
    facepalm

gumbacicc repped this.
  16. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    errm excuse me, just how the fcuk is it absolute rubbish? do you guys on the english board work for bbc or itv? no? is your name adrian chiles, alan hansen etc? no? so go crawl back in the whole you came out of before you acuse me of making untrue claims which are actually facts, i havent even looked at the english boards after that game so im obviuosly not talking about them, it is you who is talking absolute rubbish
    speak for yourrself, unless you are telling me i imagined everything i heard and saw on tv last night?

17. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm completely sick of watching the France match up. I was very happy we got England, they will be difficult to beat but easier to watch then France.