Who do you want in the Quarter finals?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by DDR, Jun 19, 2012.

?

Who do you want Italy to face in the Quarter Finals of Euro 2012?

Poll closed Jun 19, 2012.
  1. France

31.6%
  2. England

68.4%
  1. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We're slightly favored and this is suprising since these odds are coming out of England from william hill

England 7/4
    Tie 21/10
    Italy 13/8

2. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm Happy they don't have Capello at the helm !!!

3. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This will change when the England supporters start putting money on England. Those are starting odds.

4. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I saw the England v Ukraine match today and because of the Ukrasines stone Hands that was the only difference . I know Italy has always had troubles with pysical teams in the past but I do like Italy's chances. this could be Italy's chance to finally shut those guys up at least for 1 day. Fingers crossed

5. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    It's about even. The best odds (at the moment) for Italy to win is 89/50 which is a little shorter (more likely) than the best odds for England 15/8. That's more math than they normally make you do.

6. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sure I know that. Its only an hour and half since their game ended but I'm just suprised the book made us favorite knowing all the money that will come in on England but I'll take this as a good sign as the book probably wants all the money on England knowing Italy will win.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can we start the official england game thread? i didnt wanna start one since others have started the ones for other games.

when was the last time italy-england played?? i believe it was 1994 world cup right? italy won 2-1 baggio scored

8. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No we had games after that in world cup qualifying for the 1998 world cup. Beat them in England tied in Italy they won the group we played Russia in the snow and there was a game in France back then in some tournament with Brazil and France too.

9. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Last Italy-England game I remember watching was a U21 game. Pazzini scored a hat trick in Wembley Stadium. Italy won 3-0.

10. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That game ended in a 3-3 tie

11. ronaldo99

ronaldo99 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    I work in London. We have to beat them otherwise everyone at work will laugh at me plus the media would never shut up about it!

12. ronaldo99

ronaldo99 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Last competitive games for the senior sides were WC98 qualifying. We beat them 1-0 at Wembley with a nice goal from Zola, but drew 0-0 in the final game at the Stadio Olimpico when we needed to win (Vieri missed a sitter in the dying minutes).

13. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    do you live in england?

these guys are jokes, they are totally looking past italy, already talking about playing spain in the semi's, thanking ibrahamovic whilst forgetting that england have been shit against 2 shit teams, italay have been very good agaisnt 2 good teams,

whilst the pundits were celeberating knocking spain out of the semi's roy keane reminded them that they have to face italy who are a dangerous team lol, he gave them the look as if to say "you guys on crack!"

they have looked absolute crap, any decent team should beat them in such a game, ukraine played them of the park, only poor goalkeeping saw them win this game, apart from france who seamed happy-ish with a point they have faced attacks and midfields of a very low level ,

italy must go in to this game convinced that they are the better team, because they are, we just need to play like we did against spain and croatia in th e1st half, and put our chances away obviously

they are idiots, they were talking as if they are facing andora or some team like that, this italy is considered one of the worst for decades by italians and it still looks far better than england, my mate is now saying that winning the euros is as important and as good winning the world cup, he is saying this because he thinks england are going to win it because they scraped passed ukraine (and sweden), he is letting the pundits brainwash him again, he also said italy have never won the euros lol,
    they arent any better than in the past either, im not saying we've already won but italy must not show them too much respect, we need to keep the ball and control them game,

14. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It did? lol
    I guess I only remembered what I wanted to remember then ;)

15. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Let the english do all the yapping that is all they are good for you. Italy win could be the best thing for a revival or a new respect for Serie A on a global basis

17. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    whilst i dont disagree the bottom line is those teams play much better than england and will make us work harder than england, think, ukraine looked much better than england even though they dont have bigger stars, i really hope our players dont go into the game thinking england are better than they are,
    lol the funny thing is me and my bro have been saying to our mates, yea you guys can win this whole thing blah bla blah, going along with what they say,

i feel your pain

18. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    IMO Croatia is a tougher team to play against than England. They tied Italy after a great 2nd half on their part and could have beaten Spain if not for amazing saves.

Italy should feel confident marching onto the pitch on Sunday for sure.

jerrito repped this.
  19. ronaldo99

ronaldo99 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    English commentators are horrible, especially the ones on ITV. Pundits are also very bad and have little knowledge of anything outside the premier league. Really can't stand Adrian Chiles or Clive Tyldsley. Roy Keane is the only one who talks sense.

It's the same story for England always - they get hyped up getting out of the group and the media proclaim "we can win this!" until they come up against a good side (France, Portugal, Argentina etc.) which show them up.

20. ronaldo99

ronaldo99 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    England really are bad at retaining possession. Even Sweden and Ukraine were able to boss the midfield against England. On a technical level, our midfield is better than theirs. They don't have anyone like Pirlo. The only thing which worries me a little is that they have some pacey players going forward like Young, Wellbeck and Walcott. Not brilliant players, but typical our defenders are not comfortable with fast attackers running at them or in behind them.

21. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Italy will prevail they played well v SPAIN and Croatia so I cannot see Italy folding hereherererer\

22. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    haha i was gonna mention these two to you before i read this bit, they are a pair of c@%t$, chiles should get back to the one show, he has no business being on a footy prog, and tydelsy is a prick too, hate his voice, and the bbc, Mark lawrenson, what an utter t@@t you can heear him always laughing away from the mic at his own shitty unwitty unfunny sarcastic jokes, what about the bias from mick Macarthy in the italy - eir game? that was a complete joke he didnt even try to hide it

23. ronaldo99

ronaldo99 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Yeh, i do't see the point of Lawrenson, he makes little footballing contribution. As you say, he just makes unfunny comments and snide remarks about players.

The guy who sits next to me at work is Irish, and even he admits Mick Mcarthy was acting like an @rsehole!

Just watching the highlights programme on BBC1 and Alan Hansen has already written us off because we "looked jaded in the 2nd half against Croatia", while Linekar and Shearer are sticking to the old stereotype that we'll "defend well and be hard to beat". :)

24. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think England is an OK side for Italy in the quarter-finals. I respect Hodgson's team -- lots of experience and class in there, especially the likes of Cole, Rooney, and Hart. But they have looked sloppy at times in the group stage, lots of wayward passing and occasionally chaotic defending. I think Italy should be able to hold possession and I expect Balotelli and Cassano to give the English defense trouble. Terry seems to be struggling for pace these days, in particular.

Will be crucial for Italy to not run out of gas again at the 60th minute. England have some bright attackers like DeFoe, Walcott, and Welbeck who could really trouble a tired defense.

jerrito repped this.
  25. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And by the way, you lot should avoid flaming the England boards and talking trash ahead of this game. It will be really close, one can't tell yet if Prandelli has the goods to pull this off. So let's not engage in a lot of boasting and putting-down of England. If they win we'll all be eating crow from their fans.