Who do you think were United's 2 best players last season?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Soccerholic, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Who do you think were United's 2 most valuable players last season?

I'm suffering from some serious United withdrawl at the moment. So, I thought I'd start a poll to see who people thought were United's two most valuable players last season. (Since most people will pick Ruud as the MVP, I thought I'd make the poll a little more interesting by having us vote for 2 players.) Sorry if I didn't name a player you thought should be on the list. There's a max of 8 allowed.

And if O'Shea wins this thing, you know that Motterman has been using his mod privileges and stuffing the ballot. ;)

2. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Wow - I didn't even get in the first votes. (And somebody voted for Ruud and O'Shea. Hmmmm...)

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I voted for Ruud and Scholesy. O'Shea would definately have been my third vote though.

O'Shea played massively well for a young player, but Scholes and Ruud really carried the squad in the January-April months...

4. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    I agree, on all counts. (But only because you're a mod now. ;) )

5. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Ruud with 20 votes out of 20. What are the chances of that?

6. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    So far not much discussion, but Ruud has 30 of the 32 possible votes, with a couple of Scousers keeping him from a perfect record. ;)

7. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What can I say,

Ruud is guud

8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, actually that was me. ;) :eek:

9. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ruud is a no brainer. 40 goals makes you MVP. Scholesey scored many a big goal. John O'Shea, as good as he is @ his age, it's scary how good he could be.

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i can't believe i'm gonna say this

ruud and... now call me crazy... sylvestre {ducking}

hear me out - he was with o'shea (my third choice) the constant in an oft-injured backline that allowed the fewest goals in the EPL - had several big assists, one big goal and contributed well to the movement upfield whether in or out - and last but not least, despite 54 appearances this past season... 3 cards... THREE - ok begin cursing me now, but realize that i likely didnt see them play as often as most of you and 0 times in person - all in all i'd say he played 10 times better than he did the previous season, maybe i was the only one who noticed

11. NorCalStunna

NorCalStunna New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA
    wow, as of right now beckham has zero out of 47 votes.... i'm a new member here and this is further indication that people here know a thing or two about soccer. =)

12. Ticles

Ticles New Member

May 26, 2003
    England
    Heh, in my opinion Beckham was still a decent player for the squad, he didn't do badly last year, but he didn't shine like he had in past years... for example, when Ole came in for a couple games, we didn't particually miss him, whereas when Ruud wasn't in the side, he was sorely missed. He's still a quality player, but he just didn't have the best of seasons. Having said that, i'm not convinced he's going to be brilliant next season with Real, I think the Spanish style of play will take some getting used to. Then again, I'll probably be proved wrong like usual :).

Then again, for me, Scholes has definitely gotta be #2 to Ruud for all the absolutely crucial goals he scored, and for the goals he made. I think he was absolutely class last season, can't think of anyone in the world who I'd rather have in his position

13. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's face it, Becks had a poor season. He wasn't in half the games, and when he was he didn't seem to have it together. Generally a lackluster performance from him, though personally I thought they should have held on to him anyways. Either way, it would be nearly impossible for even the staunchest Beckham supporter to argue that he was vital to our success this year. Perhaps we would have been better with him in the lineup more. But it just didn't happen that way.

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    OKAY... who did it... who voted for Beckham!? You nutter!

It's gott be Ruud and Scholesy or Johnboy

As for the guy who said Silvestre... ducking won't stop somebody hitting you with a bus! :)

15. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Damn! There goes the shutout.