Who do you think the best players in Europe are RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by yasik19, Nov 17, 2004.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm going to sa y Robben and Shevchenko. They have bothe been on fire lately. Shevy scored 2 today for Ukraine and demolished turkey. Robben socred once so far. Chelsea is so lucky to have him.

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Um...Robben, I think not. There's way more deserving players than a kid with a string of good games. Adriano has been way better.

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    On a side note, Robben did score today for Holland...against Andorra.

Seriously though, everyone needs to stop with all the Robben talk. He's played great for 5 games...settle down. Six weeks ago Joe Cole was playing the same way.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I thought the same of Adriano before he got a red card. I think a football player need to have a complete package, physically and mentally, and Adriano lost it there.
    On the point that Robben has been playing well for only 5 games, I know it is a streak, but all good players start a streak at some point. I'm just glad it is for Chelsea.

5. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Henry, Robben, Reyes, Shearer, Lampard to name a few.

6. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    1. Henry
    2. Adriano
    3. Eto'o

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Shearer...LOL. Not even the best player on his team. Don't let your Geordie love blind you.

8. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Gerrerd.

Thread ended.

9. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Since the premiership started in 92. He has been the top goalscorer, Andy Cole second. Hes 34 but hes still banging them in. Hes about 100 goals in the lead. And hes had three major injurys.

10. special_k

special_k Red Card

Aug 5, 2004
    Brunswick/Cle, OH
    1. Eto'o
    2. Shevchenko
    3. Henry

Thank god someone has said Eto'o

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That would be a good answer if the question was:
    Who is the best player in Premiership history?

But unfortunately for you, the question was:
    Who do you think the best players in Europe are RIGHT NOW?

The world is such a better place with you in it. You always make me laugh with your mindless arguments. Keep the laughs coming. I mean, by reasoning Andy Cole must be the second best player in Europe. I mean "hes still banging them in." Albeit with Fulham...

12. Ronaldo T Willemski

Ronaldo T Willemski New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Brizroy
  13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You can't really argue with that can you...

14. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe cole hasnt even played this well in Joe cole's dreams. though i agree the robben talk is going nuts. damien duff is still the best winger in the EPL

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good point but remember all the crap talk about him starting for England at the start of the season (around the time of the Liverpool and Birmingham games)

16. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't think you can put Shevchenko in the top group. Most people would have put Crespo in it had he stayed in Italy. But Sheva is much the same type of player, and wouldn't be able to play in England. I'd put RVN or Makaay above him.

I've been waxing lyrical about Eto'o for the last 4 years. I would have taken him over Cisse any day.

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i do not believe what i just read about shevchenko, i will calm myself down now, and realize not everyone actually watches very many games and sometimes talk out of their a$$es. i mean sheva was just compared to crespo? the same type of player? isnt it funny how sometimes stupid people can amaze you more than smart people?

18. Ronaldo T Willemski

Nov 2, 2004
    Brizroy
    Whoever is the genius behind this goal.
    He gets my vote

[​IMG]

19. themightypuck

themightypuck New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    RIGHT NOW: Robben looks awesome. I've only seen PL and international games (and a couple Bundesliga) this year and then only on TV so that is going to color my opinion. That said, Robben just looks unstoppable. Today he was repsonsible for all Holland goals (1 goal, 2 assists). For Chelsea he just runs by people. Has he been at this level for long enough to be considered best. Probably not. Still, it's pretty incredible that a guy who I found out about because he was a Championship Manager "cheat" a couple years back actually is for real. He was great at PSV. He has been running defenses ragged in internationals (remember how bad he made Hejduk look early this year and how well he played in E2k4 until the game against Portugal). Damn, I love this kid :)

20. Ronaldo T Willemski

Nov 2, 2004
    Brizroy
    Robben= Poor mans Neil Shipperly

21. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Robben by far! i saw him when chelsea played fullham i think, he was great!

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    That was Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax).

23. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I think you'll find England is in Europe mate. :D :D :D Tool. Get a grip fella.

Shearer is The Top Goalscorer in England, what do we know about football. Nothing. We only invented it. Dumbass.

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The depths of your stupidity knows no bounds...

Can you read? Do you follow along sentences with your finger still?? Hang on and try to follow, this is called English...

Read the f'n thing again you idiot. The fact of the matter is that YOU SAID Shearer is one of the top players in Europe RIGHT NOW because he's scored more goals in the EPL than anyone. That's just a retarded arguement to make and an even worse supporting statement. Sorry I am using big words on you now. You are such a simpleton. Why don't you reread my post moron.

By the way people, we have a celebrity on the boards...this clown actually signed for Boro!! And he's played for England!! Just ask him, he'll tell you!

25. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    YOU are obviously the one who knows nothing about football. You said Shearer is the best player in Europe right now. LOL...

Geordie bell end...that's much better.