Who do you feel for the most on Galaxy 2007?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by flippin269, Aug 30, 2007.

1. bigsquirrel

bigsquirrel Member

May 29, 2007
    Pimphis
    For me, it's Cannon by far. I haven't been able to watch every single Galaxy game, but he's, single-handedly, kept them in nearly every game I've seen. Without him, LA could easily have several games where they'd have had 7 or 8 goals scored on them. Their defense has been pitiful (partially because of injuries) and if they don't all go in together at the end of the season and buy Cannon a car, hooker, or at least a lap dance, I would kick them all in the sack (if I were him), because he's made them look better than they really are. They own him that much at least.

2. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ROFLOL!!!!!

3. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supporting the Galaxy is supporting everything that is wrong about MLS and American soccer.

Of the people on the list, I can feel a slight amount of sympathy for Joe Cannon, because he is the only one who didn't join the Galaxy of his own free will. If he asked for the trade, sympathy withdrawn.

4. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yallop: control is not in his hands but the blame is on his back
    Cannon: hung out to dry
    Beckham: making millions but still wants to play and to prove his worth in MLS

The other two can cry forever. I don't care.

5. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of concur. I'm sure if LD had made his penalty and the Galaxy had won, there would be people on here stating: "Look, MLS' 2nd to last place team defeated Pachucha which had won all of these other trophies this year".

6. Baldiviego

Baldiviego New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Make that MLS' LAST place team. It would have been nice to be able to say that, but I don't think there was one person besides die-hard Galaxy fans who thought they would win. What makes the defeat worse is that they actually fought back to the penalties and STILL LOST.

And as for who has it the worst this season for the Galaxy...it has to be Yallop, he is a good coach but his team has only has 1 real defender, 1 real midfielder, and 1 real forward, the rest of his players run around like amatuers. (and 1 goalie who is 50/50).

7. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    I'm not sure it's possible to have 13 diametrically opposite opinions on every conceivable topic.

8. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Man, I definitely feel bad for Joe Cannon. He goes out and gives it his all every game in spite of the terrible defense hanging him out to dry *all* the time.

I also feel bad for Beckham. If I were him, I'd be thinking, "What have I done?" Becks is a good guy and a great ambassador for football. Yes, he came for money, but he also wants to help American soccer! How can anybody (who isn't just jealous) say anything bad about him?

As for the Galaxy team, I almost can't bear to watch them. It's just pathetic. Any fans of other MLS sides ought to love playing them (just close your eyes) -- it's like three free points!

9. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I feel bad for Frank Yallop and Joe Cannon that they both stepped into the pile of crap known as gAlexi's team.

10. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why isn't this an option?

11. Sakatei

Sakatei Member

Jun 24, 2007
    I feel bad for the non-Galaxy fans who have to keep reading these threads.

:D