Who do you consider a good candidate as the next nats coach?

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by 1MADDOG, Feb 4, 2009.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    The closest he came at failure was the 06 world cup. The Group he was in was death. He used Mc Bride to the fullest of his potential. Mc bride is a great poacher, and did great for Arena. He is older, but he was recently offered a contract to go back to England. Even though US tied Italy, let's not forget that US was closer to winning that game then was Italy (who ended up winning the WC). Arena still had a great run, winning friendlies and qualifying for the WC months before qualifications were even over.

Arena was in NY for one year. Yes, he did sign Reyna, but other teams wanted him as well. What you failed to realize is that even when Reyna was healthy, he still didn't play him much.

Again, the best decisions are made when SPSS is used... Period.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No offense dude, but it seems you fail to see how his time in the WC and his time at the RB's were failures. And i cant comment on the SPSS deal, i am not sure what that is beyond my guess that its a statistics system on rating players. If it is just that, statistics doesnt work well with soccer and is rubbish. Basketball and football is good with stats, not soccer.

Arena is good at firing up his players, which many times i read he is crazy good at his before game speeches and just talking, but beyond that IMO hes just a average coach. Theres a reason why he isnt being looked at world wide by clubs outside of the MLS.

3. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I really don't know who you guys are talking about cuz I dont follow the MLS, but what we need is a coach that has plenty of experience and knows our league, we need someone from the inside...just look at Mexico's coach...he's a great coach but before he went to mexico he knew nothing about their players and for that reason its taking him a while to figure out their game style...we need someone who knows about our federation issues and the lack of speed in our league...I say we give a chance to Quinteros, El Bogiton or Universitario's coach (forgot his name). They've been successful in our league the past few years and they know all about bolivian players...

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    You all are arses!! I'm right and your wrong, damn it.... LOL! :D

That Erickson guy wasn't that great in England...... Just extremely experienced and maybe the best England has, but not an overall great coach.

5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Granted, but how good are these coaches in international competition? Neither has had decent success in international tournaments. Until we have a coach that does well in these club tournaments (Sur y Liberta...), I think we need a coach from outside of Bolivia, and assistants from Bolivia.

6. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Fixed your post:p

Every yank I've ever talked to thinks he's a bum on the international level and made many many stupid decisions as their NT coach. I can't believe you're actually brining up College futbol as evidence that he'd be a great DT for our NT. USA College futbol? and you say he's not biased. Are you kidding me practically every yank complains that in 06 he was biased toward his older players not to mention the Reyna fiasco.

You're putting way too much emphasis on his use of statistical modeling. This isn't baseball and even Billy Beane admits that he hasn't yet been able to duplicate his success in data modeling from baseball to futbol. It's a fancy tool, but that's it, no one has been able to duplicate its success in baseball to futbol. There's a reason Arena can't get a job anywhere outside of the USA. He's a USA coach and that's it, IMO he'd fail miserably anywhere else especially Bolivia.

I think it'll definitely be a league guy like Quinteros or Baldi. I don't see FBF brining in a foreign guy, although didn't Bigoton say he'd coach our team again. Money talks though.

7. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Arena doesn't speak Spanish, you may be confusing him with ex-US coach Steve Sampson, who does speak Spanish and had a short stint with Costa Rica.

8. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wouldn't let Sampson coach the Woodbridge Ladybugs 12 and under girls soccer team.

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Ughh, no. I know who Sampson is, he sucked arse.

Your funny Nilo. Those yanks must be disgruntled soccer fans living outside of DC tristate area. That's funny because the grand majority of americans that I know love him dearly. Anyways, he's a coach that has had success in ALL levels of soccer.

You arses :p can debate all you like, but just remember that he's had success every where he went. His team didn't fair well in the last WC, but won a grand majority of their friendlies that year. Besides, as mentioned before, that group was death. I would welcome him w/ open arms.

There is a reason why Arena can't grab a position anywhere, and that's because of ignorance. Americans are new to the sport, and therefore suck, remember? Only if people made decisions based on facts vs. implications, this world (especially Bolivia) would be a much better place.

10. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Check todays article on the coaches feud in Bolivia. LOL, they're like 12 yr old girls. They all want Platinis job, and now apparently everyone hates everyone, even Sanchez doesn't even speak to his assitant anymore, and as always everyone hates baldi and baldi hates everyone. That guy didn't get enough hugs as a kid:D

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/vernotaahora.php?id=090407105358

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That shit with Quinteros and Baldi' is pretty ROUGH... calling him out on his drug and alcohol problems.... He has a point but that should never be made public like that, at least his calling out of baldi like that. And baldi to call him a pirate lol thats just funny though.

But anyways, thats messed up that ramallo isnt involved and they arent talking if what you say is true(cant read article gotta go to class), because thats not good for the NT....

12. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    National: Gustavo Quinteros or Villegas
    International:that guy from 1994 whats his name azkargorta i think.
    Mario Kempes or El Bambino Veira again he was allright

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea i agree! Quinteros seems to be pretty successful anywhere he goes, he would be the logical choice.

And you seem new to the forum, WELCOME!

14. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanx man appreciate the welcomin:D yea Quinteros seems like a good,solid, disciplined,and knows what he wants DT. He knows what and who he wants in his team.....actually he seems like he would make a good president for the country...hell i'd vote for him.