Who do we protect?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by st ryma 7, Aug 28, 2007.

1. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    Devil500 yes we must protect you we can not loose you to Sj your too good of a supporter

Metrosuccess well its tought Hunter might have a little speck over Ikangou, liech, and kracz but its still a tough call

Can we make a trade with chi-towns and our number 10 is reyna loves the chi-town coach mind as well do it i wouldnt mind blanco

But who ever they take is who they take, hope full they take a guy who dosnt play and is worth a shizz load of money so we can get a decent defender

2. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Exactly that been our big problem for 12 years, we don't protect the future, I agree that we have to protect our best:

Angel, Atidore, Mr. Pants, Richards, Mendes, Kovalenko and Stammler. (7) in total, to make the core of the team to build a better Red Bulls in the future....

But we have a chance to protect 11 of them and we have to take the opportunity and be sure to keep the best of the new players we have for the future, maybe not to be a starters but players that have a value trade like:

Vide, Sinisa, Patterson & Doe...

If is:

Reyna & Mathis they are insured, because no team in MLS or the World will be interesting on them, take my word for it, because like players they are finish, caput, finitos.. and,

Gollwite, Parke, Leitch, VDB, Karcz, Camp, Maggee, Wally, Leventure, Quaranta, Ikangu, Cepero, Waterreus and Schop if a team peak anyone of them from us, is a favor that we have to thanks for ever and ever....

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First time in a while metz has agreed with me :eek:!! :eek:

4. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    parke is still valuable to us, and magee, well you know how i feel about magee

5. Bizz

Bizz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Needham, MA
    There was some talk of raising the salary cap. If it is raised in some meaningful way, then, the cost/benefit of various players might look different.

6. Via_Chicago

Via_Chicago Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Altidore Gen-Adidas? If so, you don't have to protect him.

7. wendel

wendel New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Paris
    how many players can we protect?

richards, angel, kovo, mendes, parke, freeman, altidore, and mathis are my picks.

i dont know why everyone is picking on richards. didn't he get an assist the other night? wasn't he the one who set up the mathis goal against LA? sure he cant cross and isn't going to score but he is a player that other teams mark carefully and have to devote defensive attention too. also he has a great defensive side to his game and he is only a rookie. hes one of my favorite players on the team and is way better than anything we had on the wings before including marvel wynne

8. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    OK, let me now with whom you will switch Parker from the fallowing list:

Angel, Atidore, Mr. Pants, Richards, Mendes, Kovalenko, Stammler, Vide, Sinisa, Patterson & Doe...

¿You thing that Parker is more valuable than any body in this list?

9. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    metz you do got a point the only swtch is with kova and parke but its a tought kall but i think kova gets the nod

10. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont know of any parker, but i would definatly keep him above patterson, plus even if jozy doesnt leave, which he will, he is protected because hes gen adidas

11. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    do DPs get protected too????

12. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That is the 0.00064 $$$ question and I don't the answer, but because the player make a deal directly with the owners of the team, I don't thing they need to be protected, but always is a but.... some times skinny, some times fat....

13. Benway24

Benway24 New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    SF
    A friend of mine really thinks Claudio Reyna is the one to go. Even to the point where he produced and wrote a rap song about it. Do yourself a favor and check this out!!! Hysterical and even different versions.

http://www.myspace.com/crackeronepointfive

14. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My word, how many freakin' sock puppets are you going to create to try and get people to look at this myspace site? Do you think it's not obvious after the first two or three times this link is posted? I have to admit, I was probably going to check the site out until I saw you trying so hard. Now I know that whatever is there is lame without having to even visit. :rolleyes: