Who do we protect?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by st ryma 7, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

Please; obviously you've not seen enough of him in action. Watch carefully on Saturday as he works his socks off in another one-dimensional, largely ineffectual display :(

Give us a moon and a sixpence and he's yours :D

2. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vide > Reyna, DVB, Schopp, Freeman, Goldthwaite, Leitch, Magee, Quaranta, Sinisa + any other reserve you can think of.

3. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    combined? bold statement

4. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in what way? Sorry I'll take Captain America and DVB at pay breaks and Hunter Freeman over Vide currently.

5. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really think that DVB adds more to this team then Vide? Are you watching the same games I do. DVB is the much slower version of Dane Richards, which pretty much means that he is dead weight, which is why he is not starting. Freeman might be a decent back, but his display against DC pretty much showed us what he's capable of. And lets not even talk about Reyna.

6. ejo1956

ejo1956 Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    question: if we get rid of reyna, do we lose that DP slot or do we keep it?

7. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we can keep it...

8. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    We traded for that 2nd DP slot so there should be nothing to say that we're going to lose it. IT'S OURS, BABY!!! Imagine the possibilities with Reyna gone who we could be in that spot. Wow. We just need to really shell out the bucks to get someone really worth it this time.

Imagine if we had Roberto Donadoni from back then on the team today feeding Angel and Altidore. Boy, would that have been a trio! Oh well. Anyway, that's who we need..another midfield master like a Donadoni type that can start things by placing those amazing passes right on the stride or a head as well as scoring free kicks too.

Let's hope for the best!

9. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    R10 sound good? :D

10. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it's too late to ask that you protect me from having to put up with off-season post threads in the middle of the run for the playoffs. :rolleyes:

11. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Jim,

Then don't read 'em, bro. What else can I say? I guess some of us are living just for today because with the Eartquakes in the works, we're probably bound to lose some guys. And if we don't go very far this season...we could end up being screwed by the 'Quakes. Best to start thinking about who to protect before MLS comes knocking.

12. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're worried about who we loose as a team. I'm worried about what thread topics I'll have left when there are no MLS games to watch! :eek:

13. tigerfan

tigerfan New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Still liked the smarmy alien best. but I can't wait for your next avatar.

14. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Jim,

Buck up, bro. I hear ya. There's always Serie A and EPL on Fox Soccer Channel after MLS. It may not be MLS, but they hold their own. (He-he, thought you might like that)

15. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    wow give up reyna in the expansion draft i would love

you know what i would give that dp spot to alti tho so we keep him or hell i would spend it on toja you see how JPA and toja played together i would give the boy some money

or

we could use it on BALLAK???? or in a dream R10

16. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    Well after this game last night can we love JPA any more

(about being tied for the golden boot)

JPA said "I'd rather give up all my goals and have us make the playoffs and hopefully win something with the club," he said. "I've never been a player that likes to have glory for myself. I like to have glory for the team."

And well as much as i hate Reyna Kudos to him with a very good game, we he did make some passes when i said what the hell are you doing or take him on reyna but i for got he isnt clint who would take on a defender

but as Clint Reyna Vide in the middle hell i love it keep it that way Vide shut down blanco great takles on him Reyna showed great vision tonight and clint will be clint

as of jozy not being there we played a good game with out him and plus, why didnt Doe start he is 120% better then woly

but if we had to save 11 then here is mine

JPA, Alti, Clint, Reyna, Vide, Dane, Seth, Conway, Doe, Parke, Mendes

17. Irish527

Irish527 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I wouldnt save Doe. I would save another defender because with the salary cap it makes it difficult to find a decent defender and fit them under the cap. Freeman has shown some potential. Doe doesnt do anything spectacular and between him and the rest of the attacking players i think we are set. Well not set because we need an attacking midfielder because i dont think Clint can keep playing so well on a consistent basis.

18. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    If we loose alti, then who do we have no one next to JPA so i think we need Doe for the speed, as for the defender, if we loose schopp and the high priced players who dont play, then us getting a good defender is no problem so us keeping a defender is loosing a good players spot

19. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO body in his complete sanity will take Clint or Reyna, why spare a spot in them...If somebody do, we will send them Maggee or Ikangu as a chaser...

No question that you have to protect: Josy, Angel, Vide, Mr Pants, Doe, Richards & Sinisa because they are very goo players, after that you pick the rest you want, the another four I will protect are: Patterson, Kovalenko, Mendes and Stammler...

20. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    metz do you really want to use a spot on kova afer you use one up on Vide, if we do loose kova hey we get some decent cap room and we still have a good def mid in vide still on the team then

21. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there's a better chance of Sigi losing 150 pounds and being named Miss Teen Ohio than another team taking Dema and his 200k contract from us.

22. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, ...After my list of protected players:

Josy, Angel, Vide, Mr.pants, Doe, Richards, Sinisa, Patterson, Mendes, Stammler and Kova.

The only other players reminding are:

Gollwite, Parke, Leitch, VDB, Karcz, Camp, Maggee, Wally, Leventure, Reyna, Mathis, Quaranta, Ikangu, Cepero, Waterreus, Mendes and Schopp...

And in my opinion, no one of this players are ahead of Kova.. and right now until we don't have a substitute for Kova, is better play safe and protect him, because we needed....

23. Irish527

Irish527 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    so basically we are giving up on playing defense for next year too? I dont think you protect both vide and dema in any instance. Unless Bruce is sure he has lined up some other defenders we cannot just give San Jose a chance to take one of our starting defenders considering we dont have many.

24. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll add this to the list of people to protect:

Me :cool: :D

25. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member