Who Cheers for Leeds?

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by ike_11, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ike_11

ike_11 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Near London Ontario
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hey, I started watching football when I was 9 (I'm 18 now), and a team that I immediately started to like was Leeds United. They were a very exciting team to watch, so much history, so much talent, and great fans. I know they are not doing too well lately, sitting 5 points out of a playoff position, but who else cheers for them? It's hard not to feel really bad for the fans of this club, because they got thrown under the bus by the owners in the early 2000's, but hopefully they get promoted this year. :D

2. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    It's pretty easy not to feel bad for them really, after the way they (players, fans, management, directors) behaved last season.

3. ricola_pak

ricola_pak New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Richmond, B.C.
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    While I am no Leeds fan (a Vancouver Whitecap and also followed Man Utd growing up), I am in fact going to see them away at Colchester with a proper Leeds fan this coming Saturday, as I'm heading over to the UK for a 2 week vacation.

Should be fun.

4. Simmonie

Simmonie Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Paterson, NJ
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    I grew up in Bradford and have supported Leeds United for over 30 years, through all their ups and downs. I'm confident we will see top level football at Ellend Road again.

5. RedRo

RedRo New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    South Morang
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Leeds was my favourite team in the championship but know im no longer a Leeds fan