Who can Ireland legitimately expect to consistently beat?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Samarkand, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Ah I take it back so, you must be fantastic.

Looking at the sides player for player there is no comparison.

2. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Point out where I even hinted that we might be fantatsic, you retard. I think even thinking about defending the accusation that you would be beaten 9 times out of 10 by Ireland places you a long way from "fantastic".

There is a comparison, and we're better.

I just think that if someones saying that we're as bad as Moldova, they should know a little bit about what they're saying before they slaver pish.

3. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    You think player for player you're a better side than us?

Okay so...

4. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    No, Moldova, you prat.

5. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Well player for player with Ireland there is no comparison is what I meant.

6. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    There is a comaprison, Ireland are better. Not that much better that they'd win 9 out of 10 though.

7. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    So beating them recently at home takes away that embarassing draw on the road? Yep buddy keep digging...

8. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Are you implying that Ireland could not beat Belarus? Surely you jest.

Belarus vs. Israel who knows which way it could go. Neither side can say they are that much better than the other.

9. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I'm the illiterate and a Plastic Paddy Yank? Beats being Scottish any day of the week.

Just remember you came into the Ireland forum saying that we couldn't tap dance on your pathetic side, and expected apathy.

Yep I am the illiterate one.

Dude, just accept it your side is in a rut.

10. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Keep digging what?

Some American tried to make the point that Scotland couldn't expect to beat Moldova, whereas we beat them not so long ago so it's a silly thing to say. Of course it was embarresing drawing with them, but the simple fact that it was embarassing suggests to me that we should be expecting to beat Moldova, understand?

11. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    No, i'm not implying that Ireland could not beat Belarus. Once you understand that football is a proper sport and that sometimes the best team dosen't always, always, always win, you might sound less mentally ill.

If Belarus and Ireland were to play , in Minsk, I would probably expect a draw or maybe even a Belarus win.

12. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Well I would obviusly disagree.

No, my initial comment was along the lines that Ireland are better than Scotland but I certainly don't think they could expect to beat us everytime. Expected apathy? What the ******** are you on about?

Like totally man.