Who are you?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by TerminalVertigo, Dec 4, 2004.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Yeah, for a girl! Grey Goose martinis are the only way to go.

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For a hangover? Man, you're hardcore. I guess that's why you have a yellow card!! :p

3. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    aspirin with mimosa/bellini chasers are for hangovers.

4. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As much as I myself LOVE bellinis and mimosas... I gotta call girlie drink on that. :D

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, perhaps y'all should try ordering your next Tequilla from a bottle like Perfidio single barrel, Don Julio, Chinaco, El Tesaro, without the citus ,instead of from the bucket behind the well.:) Not to knock a great vodka, which has been also kind and cruel on occassion but a great Tequila rates up near a fine single malt.

As to hangovers, if I can't get the local skier's breakfast, a bowl of chili, with a shot of 1800, a pint, a triple espresso (may explain the iron stomach) then a bloody mary at Bemelmans Bar will do, but not as well as one served by Rachael at Jimmy's Corner. There is atmosphere then there is atmosphere.

No teasing CFC, I am quite serious about my Tequila and a hope to see Kez bust loose, the boy is all heart, scrap and passion.

6. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You sure are serious about your tequila. Maybe it's because you're from Santa Fe, which is significantly closer to Mexico than Philadelphia.

Anyone else ever had Limoncello?? It's an Italian after dinner drink. Looks like Lemon Lysol and tastes like it too, in an enjoyable way. Not that I know what Lemon Lysol tastes like.

Damn Viduka just scored. Come on City.

7. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tell you what, lobo. When Mateja scores the game winner for us this Sunday, I'll do a shot of fine tequila with you in solidarity. :D

Otherwise, it'll be my usual. Guinness if it's beer, and a cheap Irish whiskey if it's liquor.

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll be in NYC at Nevada's and I'll do 9 of them (for his #) if he scores the winner!!

Then I'll sing:

Mateja Kezman,
    Scored a f'n great goal,
    in a North London sh1thole,
    Wenger's still an @sshole,
    now their 8 points in the hole...

9. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Of course it is. But what do you usually have for brunch on sundays? That's the only acceptable time (unless you're at Cipriani's).

10. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Blasphemy! Not even Patron Silver comes remotely close to a fine single malt. I almost bought the 30 something bottle of Macallan recently. Ohhhh that stuff is good.

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Yeah, its made on Capri, where I should have bought more of it. Man my last year as a student was great - nothing but travel. :)
    Limoncello is really good stuff; just never try to drink it as a main beverage - its too damn sweet. But after dinner it his the spot, as does port or muscat.

12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Allright you two, deal, and beautiful song Eddie, brings a tear to my eye. I will also try the lysol if I see it and chase it with a Rolling Rock.

And I will have a pint or more of Guinness, score or no score. Along with a decent London cask ale, its near top my favorite list.

p.s. no truth to the story that baby bottles are half filled with Tequila in these parts, though I sang mariachi tunes at 7 days old, hmmm

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A Patron Silver, while good, is more like a Dewers blend +, a Don Julio in the Glen 12 range, where a Porfidio or Chinaco, especially a single barrel, is far closer than you give credit for, kind of like Parker is no Mak but he ain't at all bad.:)

But since they are equally priced at the top end, yeah I will take a sublime single malt first

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's so nice to see so many alcholics in one room together...

I remember I was around 21 and decided I was too cool to drink beer anymore so I went to the liquor store and was looking for a "classy, sophisticated, man's drink" (I was 21 and dumb...not that I am smarter now) so the guy working the counter says to try bourbon and he recommends Old Crow. That bastard was probably laughing all night at me...

15. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

:D :D :D

16. themightypuck

themightypuck New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I've had some nice El Tesoro Anejo that kicked butt. If you want to learn about tequilla, try Tommy's in San Fran on Clement out in the Avenues. It's about a six block walk from the Irish ManU bar that was on the corner of where I used to live back in the mid 90's. Place had Cantona everywhere.

Anyway, I'm a glory chasing bandwagon jumper (just check when I signed up). I live in Pasadena. Also support the LA Galaxy. I am very, very, old. I work in the internet biz.

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    My parents never cared if I drank, and my dad practically encouraged me, so I've been around alcohol long as I can remember. Never was a fan of cheap beer though. That reminds me - I'm out of beer. Thanks boys!

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My parents too. Soon as I showed an interest in alcohol, my parents let me drink, long as it was in their house and I didn't leave. In high school, they let me have friends over and drink as long as the kids parents knew and the kids all slept over. It never caused any problems and I honestly believe that in the long run, I don't get drunk as often as other people our age. Drinking isn't something I look forward to doing. I enjoy having a few drinks but I hardly ever over indulge.

19. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LMAO.... I love it! It's a deal! :D

20. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Afterwards, I'll probably be banished from Nevada's forever.

Nicephoras, where are you watching the game??

21. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brook, 40 yoa, Constable, former US Marine Sniper. CFC tattooed on my arm. Just got back from a wonderful 10 day stay in London where I saw 3 matches.

22. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hee, I got CFC tattooed on my back. I'm working on getting the lion done above it, from the old-new badge. Just have to find a good artist. ;)

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    <------------Is deathly afraid of needles and can't get the balls to get a tattoo. Has much respect for CFCinDC though...

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I'll probably be at Nevada's, possibly with a British co-worker who's an Arse fan. Unless a date goes well, in which case I'm ordering it on PPV.

25. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You mean you let her stay the night??

If so, look for me, say hi. I'll probably have on a blue Zola jersey or a black Lampard one. Unless my "I Hate Gooners" shirt comes in the mail. Then I'll have that on.