Who are you rooting for? :: A question for those who support neither DC nor KC.

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Knave, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Moobythegoldncaf

Feb 27, 2001
    Carson, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that it would be PR heaven for the league, but my team means more to me than league PR so... go Wizards!

2. FK Partizani

FK Partizani New Member

Jan 26, 2004
    You can't vote.lol.

As a Metro fan i want KC to win but as an MLS fan i want DC to win.
    DC exemplifies how a true soccer club is run in the States alongside LA and Chicago. My Metros on the other hand exemplify how brainless dicks can run a soccer franchise to the ground.

3. O'Dubhghaill Rules!

May 21, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I want D.C. to win. Especially after we went toe to toe til the end last weekend.

KC just bores me I'm sorry. I just keep remembering how uninteresting their MLS Cup win was a few years ago.

Let's just hope this final is similar to last year's, not like the borefest at Gillette two years ago that turned off thousands upon thousands of potential soccer fans who went to that game.

4. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I concur.

5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Wizards.

6. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry man, that aint happen. The Cosmos are DESTINED to return!

And when they do, in New York, with a saavy committed investor and an SSS in Manhattan or Brooklyn....oh baby!!

:D

7. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KC all the way! Keep the Cup in the West where it belongs.

8. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing you chose the "I'm still in denial..." option :D :p

9. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    I voted for DC. They really have some of the best fans in MLS, who have suffered through a lot of crap seasons, and deserve a championship. Overall, I think a DC win (regardless whether Freddy even plays) will be better for MLS than a KC win -- a DC win will likely boost DC's attendance next season, and ensure that DC's rabid fans remain rabid. Does anyone really think that a KC win would have any effect on their attendance next year?

10. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? If they win this weekend they will have won 45% of all MLS Cups ever played.

Plus... they are DC! Rooting for DC is rather like hoping the asteroid destroys earth, and not just because Affleck is a smug bastard. Like hoping Dracula bests Van Helsing. Like hoping a crippled kid in a motorized wheelchair gets run over by the short bus for your own amusment. It's evil.

11. mannellaice

mannellaice New Member

May 8, 2001
    KC, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanna know who's winning. I'm not voting b/c I support KC, but I would like to know who the other fans are rooting for.

12. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    The people have spoken: DC United is beloved. Kansas City is hated.

65.12% DC United
    27.13% Kansas City Wizards
    7.75% I'm in denial, and still believe my team will be there.

Just click "view poll results" at the bottom right of the poll.

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The people have spoken. They realize with Freddy in the Final, the Fix is in !!

Freddy
    Final
    Fix

14. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Well, lets see...
    KC Wizards attendance by year:
    1996: 12878
    1997: 9058
    1998: 8073
    1999: 8183
    2000: 9112
    2001: 10954
    2002: 12255
    2003: 15573
    2004: 14816

Now, we won MLS Cup in 2000. You think that didn't make a difference? Oddly, when you look at the numbers another things stands out. Gansler has been the coach the entire time and we've been relatively successful as well. So does the style of play (complained about by fans all around the league) effect attendance or does winning?
    The simple answer to your question is that yes I believe it would effect attendance next season, because success brings fans.

15. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Beloved vs. hated? Many people voted without loving or hating either team. They just picked the team they wanted to see win. That doesn't mean they HATE KC or LOVE DC.

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    You keep telling yourself that. ;)

17. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Well, you could be right -- maybe KC's win in 2000 is responsible for the attendance bump in 2001. Those attendance numbers are encouraging -- after four consecutive years with an average attendance of below 10,000, KC now looks like they've turned things around attendance wise -- 15,573 and 14,816 are certainly respectable.

18. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Respectable, maybe. But we need to start pushing 20K.

Sad thing is, it doesn't matter what we do anymore. Pictures of Arrowhead with an empty upper half will still make people think we don't get good crowds. Even though I don't see the same level of "attendance smack" for Colorado and NE as I do toward KC, even though they do much worse than us large football stadiums.
    Heck, the upper half is empty in RFK right? :)

19. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    IMO the reason why you hear more smack about KC and their empty stadium is because of the city not the team nor even the stadium for that matter. IMO Washington DC and Denver are more popular areas in the country than KC and may have a more prestigious and famous sports history than KC. Therfore no matter what the topic, there will always be more respect shown for cities with either a more famous sports history or just for the simple fact that it's an important city in our country.

I guess what I'm trying to say is ore about KC the soccer team or it;s stadium.

20. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    I meant NE as well as DC

21. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm rooting for an exciting game of end to end action where both teams lay it all on the line, culminating with a stoppage time game-winning goal so frickin unbelievable that I'll be bragging for years and years to come that I was in the stands when it was made...

That, and both team buses in a horrific, fiery collision on their way to their hotels after the game.

22. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Crew fan. I hate DCU so much I root for the Ch&#@go F*=e four times a year.

23. cwhein

cwhein New Member

Oct 31, 2002
    USA
    Despite KC having more ex-Firemen (KC-Wolff, Gutierrez, Stephenson; DC-Nowak, Kovalenko) I'm going to have to pull for DC.

Most importantly the match needs to be exciting because there will be a number of people tuning in to catch Freddy Adu and if they see something they like maybe they'll come back next season.

I'd like to see a strong 1-1 first half - goals by Wolff and Kovalenko would be sweet. In the 2nd half I'd like Gutierrez to knock a disputed goal in that causes Kovalenko to flip out and go postal. After the triage unit clears the field, Earnie Stewart will link up with Olsen and Eskandarian for an equilizer that is pure class at about the 75 minute. The final 15 minutes will then be the most crisp, cracking soccer that MLS has ever seen, culminating in Freddy Adu's 88th minute diving header that is so extraordinary that Rob Stone's head explodes and Eric Wynalda's skin tone goes plaid.

24. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC. Gotta cheer on Nowak.