Who are you rooting for? :: A question for those who support neither DC nor KC.

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Knave, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    If you're a DC United supporter, or a Wizards supporter then don't vote in this poll.

For all the rest of you, who would you rather see win: DC United or Kansas City?

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Where's the poll?

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's up now.

C'mon! You know you're rooting for Freddy's team. :D

4. EdgarDavids20

EdgarDavids20 New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC straight up. You guys won me over yesterday. DC in my mind represents all that is good and right with the league. I think you guys have a very good chance of winning. Here's to an entertaining final.

5. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Nov 28, 2003
    Florida
    DC. Their fun to watch.

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Yes............ FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!

7. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area
    I'll be honset, I hate D.C. and their fans. But I think it is great to have a dominant team in this league, one that has tons of championships and is always a contender. i think D.C. is that team. With 3 stars and one more (possibly) on the way, it is a great start towards that. K.C. is a better team in my eyes, but all the momentum is on D.C. at the moment. All I know is that it will be a great game.

8. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC. Just another Cup for the pile. And I am really starting to hate KC. I liked DC's play last night - "we're up by one? BRING ON ANOTHER STRIKER BABY!" They never rolled over, and they never played it safe. I'm happy for them and their fans. Plus, it will give a bit of a push to the organization for next year when Baseball becomes everyone's pain in the ass.

Plus if Freddy scores in the Cup Final? SportsCenter-time BABY!!!
    (I'm kidding. I kid. I'm a kidder)

9. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    K.C.

I could never bring myself to support the scum.

10. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC. They are the most entertaining club in MLS. Nowak for coach of the year, too.

11. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Go ahead. Make us the underdogs. That'll make it all the more fun when we win. :)

BTW, I'd prefer to see KC win but I'm not allowed to vote...

12. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    This poll is biased DC's way, but that's okay. Polls don't mean ********.

13. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think NE should have, but they lost to DC. I don't really care, but since DC is from the East, so i guess I got with DC.

14. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't really matter. Just hoping the match is of high quality, and not a downer.

(BTW, you need to add this as a 4th option to the poll. I've gotten over my team not being there, and think KC is a deserving finalist. So, the 3rd option doesn't apply.)

15. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I know you're kidding, but it's true. If Freddy scores and DCU win it'll be more than just SportsCenter time. As much as Freddy seems to be hated by jealous, petty fans on these boards, it would be a PR coup unlike anything MLS has ever seen, and that would be nothing but good.

16. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most United fans already know that I'm all for DC. I only WISH that the Rapids could play with that type of heart, passion, and fearlessness.

Oh well.... :(

17. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to see Kansas City win, they have been solid and consistent all year long. And have succeded without Preki or Klein, and for long stretches without Simutenkov and Meola. I am pulling for them to win this game. They are a team's team.

Although DC has my respect too. I like what Nowak has done, and right now, they are a pretty entertaining team. And their fans have had to endure sucktitude for the last 4 years or so (which is fairly long for MLS standards).

I think this will be a good game for neutrals to watch.

But right now, I would rather see Freddy wait for his ring. I think too much will be made of Freddy's "impact" by the superficial media if DC wins.

18. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's the "Dough Hamilton and Steve Sampson impale each other with a swizzle stick in Uncle Phil's luxury box" option?

Other than that, I'm cheering for injuries, lots of injuries. Maybe Preki can come out and his knee will explode.

19. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    DC- Bring it back to the East. And that was one ******** of a game.

20. kingjackdaniel

Jul 16, 2004
    Dyer, IN
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope United wins. they are the most entertaining to watch; they are lead by Peter Nowak and the Wiz beat my Fire for the US Open Cup.

Go United!

21. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope DC wins... 3 titles, a Interamerica, they are a SSS away from being the GREATEST soccer team in the history of the USA/ MLS... They may and will most likely one day make people forget the cosmos...

And if SJ takes a trip to the heavens, they will again be the dynasty of MLS...

SO VAMOS DC UNITED!

22. christhestud

christhestud Member

Jun 4, 2004
    I am a KC fan, so I followed instructions and didn't respond to the poll. If I was a neutral fan, however, I would HAVE to cheer for DC. I mean, KC is my team, but DC's style is so much more entertaining. DC is just fun to watch. Here's hoping the DC creativity and attacking spirit spread to KC in the final.

23. Aljarov

Aljarov Member

Sep 14, 2004
    fmnorthamerica.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    DC, and not just for the entertainment-fest that was the Eastern Conference Final.

They play a good style, have some great players (and not just ont he bench), great fans, and I'd rather watch paint dry than a KC game. They're the MLS equivalent of the Minnesota Wild *yawn*

Still, if I have a team it's the Revs, I wish they'd be there instead...but there's no shame in being beaten by the champs ;)

24. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    DC cuz I hate Josh Wolf and his acting ability!

25. soccrfn

soccrfn New Member

Mar 21, 2003
    Let's put this debate down to two sentences:

Nobody outside KC and DC really gives a hoot who wins, but it is great for soccer in US if Freddy's team wins, so lets all cheer for DC and hope the Wizards go back to their 345 rawhide fans in KC.

If DC wins, it will be shown on most major new channels across the country. If KC wins, it might be picked up in the Kansas City Star.

Go DC!