who Are we Rooting For In SOUTH AFRICA?

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, Jun 7, 2010.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's my pick. El Clásico en el Mundial. Any non-Argentinians or non-Brazilians will just as much love this match up (unless you're European haha) as the team's fans because if you love Argentina, you hate Brazil and vice versa so it'll be a great rivalry for fans across all latin nations.

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha DONT COUNT OUT SOUTH AFRICA!

3. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    IMO, I think Mexico lost this game and I don't think France and Uruguay will make the same mistake.

4. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in the first half but south africa got into their 'groove' and well had many chances as well as mexico did but south africa played throughout the whole game..plus i hate mexico and dislike uruguay

5. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW South Africa not bad at all, good players, nice passing, sorta reminded me of Brazil sometimes i saw some joga bonito there... sort of, now mexico.....mexico dominated the game but i saw some horrible passing, cuathemoc blanco...what a waste it could of been jonathan dos santos or Zinha in that roster, after this copa liberadores omar bravo should of been there instead of guillermo franco, no mid-field at all i thought guardado was gona give them something else but unfortunately he didnt, Giovani Dos Santos played good, South Africa deserved that win though, they hustled, marvelous attacking lol,great goalie although he looked shaky in the first 10 minutes after that he made some good saves like the Giovani shot, good defending except for the mexico goal, 1st mexico goal offsides (claps) good job ref. 1-1 my prediction exact. Uruguay 2-1 France.

6. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    IMO, Mexico deserved that win just as much, if not more, than SA and they lost it without capitalizing in the 1st half. If they would have scored in the 1st, the second half would have been different.

7. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So Mexico deserved to win against England and The Netherlands to??? In both of those games they missed many shots, almost given goals, the forwards were off, but in this game the forwards were off, the midfield never existed, and the defense was slow and marking bad at times, the defense was Mexicos' best line in their friendlys!!! now South Africa defense was onpoint only mistake they made was the Rafa Marquez goal, 1 shot from Giovani and the shot Guille made that the goalie took out, every other ball or pass Mexico made in their area they took out or Mexico passed it in horribly right to the keepers hands, their mid-field wasnt brilliant but they made beautiful passes that tshabulala guy should be playing in England, Piennar there # 10 what a player, South africa created less plays but in those they scored and made a post, WAAAYYYYY better plays than Mexico.

8. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now Uruguay vs France...nice grudge match, needed more futbol, both teams missed shots, it was %40 Uruguay %60 France, Uruguay once again never quits on any ball played with there garra, Ref sort of off, it was an alright game.

South Africa vs Mexico 8/10 que golazo de tshabalala or however u spell it
    Uruguay vs France 6/10

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm not talking about previous games (who knows what would have happen if they capatilized on their few shots they had in the 1st half); I'm talking about today's game and I don't know about SA's defense only having one mistake; Mexico had at least 2 good opportunities to score in the 1st half and they messed it up on their own on both occasion. If they would have scored at least one of those, things may have been different in the second half. That is all I'm saying. Not sure why you have to bring up previous game. Anyway, it was just an opinion. Yeah a shot on post is way better but again, that was in the second half; who knows what would have happen if Mexico hadn't missed out in the 1st half. In the end, it's an opinion.

10. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason why i brought up those previous games were because they played way better than they played this game, made better plays had better shots, good defending, mid-field good helping to attack, now if that would of happened today Mexico would of deserved the win but it didnt, so i feel that your wrong and i would like to discuss it with you. I respect your opinion like i respect every other members' opinion man but after all this is a forum therefore we can challenge each others opinions.

11. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree with you that they played better in those games but regardless of that, they played well enough today to have won it but as usualy for them, they always miss out on key, golden opportunities and you can't tell me they didn't control all of the 1st half. But because they didn't score, that left the door open for SA to gain confidence in the second half and start creating opportunities. I'm disputing that SA didn't play better in the second half . . . all I'm saying is that if Mexico had scored at least one time in the 1st half that they dominated, this game would have been a lot different in which they deserved to win. At the end of the day, I believe Mexico lost the 2 points rather than SA losing the 3 points.

12. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my first post about the game i did say that Mexico dominated the first half...actually most of the time, almost the entire game, you can go back and read it man. I saw it as 1st half dominating good until like the 35th minute creating some plays but 2nd half dominating poorly, at times passing horribly without any option to attack. But after all we have 2 completely different opinions, its all good.

13. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Ughh, I'm speechless....

14. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    South Africa respected Mexico too much. Way too much. Mexico has players that are extremely fast in small spaces, but are much slower when you open up their game. THey lack top speed. This is noticeable when Mex play vs. United States, Panama, and Argentina. South Africa had the speed to burn Mexico, and didn't capitalize on their resource. Well nah, they did try. That's how they got their goal and almost another, but they did respect Mexico way too much.

Uruguay and France are going to be harder for South Africa. Uruguay purposely don't hold the ball much. They play like italy or England and attack on the counter when the defense is the most exposed. Uruguay should beat or tie SA. I see SA beating France though. That France Defense isn't as strong as it used to be, and the team has soo many internal issues that it's got to effect their concentration.

15. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if south africa minimize the erros in the mid and D and have a strong mentality vs uruguay and france they can win easily..they coulda today but they made little errors and communication going up messing up their counters or passes.watch theyre too good..they just lack a little 'more' if you know what i mean

uruguay has no mid..they rely on their strenght and pressure and initiative and forlans counters..they wont be much of bother if forlan can be contained

france is questionalble..they have the capabilities but they just lack at the last touch

16. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Man, Uruguay is a hard team to watch. That was like going to the dentist for a root canal, I wish the Ticos would have gone to the World Cup instead.

South Africa did well and I hope they advance, the French are awful and the charruas make me want to hurt a kitten. Mexico and South Africa will hopefully advance out of that group.

Is it just me or are the english announcers on ESPN a total bore.

17. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i rather ecuador be there

youre half right with south africa advancing

and yes ESPN announcers are horrific..i think its martin tyler..that why univision is the way to go..bad thing is the mexicans TALK too much especially when mexico is playing...theyre funny though

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    ESPN dudes are horrible. Freaking horrible.

It's like they want soccer to fail. Horrible. The comcast dude that's on wtop for sport is WAYY better. Makes things more exciting with his "its in the net!" screams.

19. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got done watching Argentina vs Nigeria, it was an alright game 6/10 Messi will have nightmares with that goalie lol now im gettin ready to see USA vs England...the clash of the titans, the revolution shall be televised USA!!! USA!!!USA!!!

20. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK OK...f*** it a tie is a tie still a good score, it was all England,the US was all over the place idk wtf Bob Bradley was thinking, poor goalie, lucky Deuce :D, they did have like 2 good plays though, game was a 7/10

Tommorrow........hhmm...Germany vs Australia, i hope to see many goals from the Germans, Serbia/Ghana should be an alright match, Slovenia/Argelia...ehh..im just watching to see what the US is up against.

21. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Was expecting a lot more from Engalnd vs. US, but its was a fair score at the end.:cool:
    I actually think Alegria have a good chance of beating the US , and i can't wait for Germany Vs. Ghana .going to be a good game

22. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    really?? hmm well i haven't seen Algeria play, but if the US beat Egypt 3-0 i think they can beat Alegeria, well i have to observe Algeria tommorrow, also Slovenia. So far the teams im rooting for haven't shown me anything yet, still have Brazil,Chile,Paraguay,Netherlands....i have added Germany to my list because they also have great f***** players and show great futbol.

23. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^ Algeria has good players that aren't really noticed so it might be an equal game betwwen US and them. I was trying to root for US in this game but since i like Gerrard and Rooney. it was hard for me. I do hope US make it out of the group. algeria is going to be a must win.

Cacao has played great for Germany in friendlies. i think he will be valuable for Germany.

24. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow, sorry I'm late to the party but I have to go with España. That being said I was really impressed with Korea yesterday. I think they'll give Argentina all they can handle.

25. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Currently watching Serbia/Ghana...that ball is so dam fast, anyway Slovenia/Argelia was boring for me, both teams were speedy didnt connect many passes though, i really didnt see any creativity or threatening plays except for the long shots and the goal, England and the US should have no problems with them. Match 4/10, cant wait for Germany/Australia!!!